Tubesob

Nov 11, 2017
What if we took charge and finished it ourselves.

If there's a way to teach me or learn how to do this, I would love to.

Helpme2001

Apr 14, 2019
What if we took charge and finished it ourselves.

If there's a way to teach me or learn how to do this, I would love to.
u need to learn renpy programming language and .py programming language to be able to finish it, plus u need the design for every scene

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
u need to learn renpy programming language and .py programming language to be able to finish it, plus u need the design for every scene
That would be solving the wrong problem. Veq has great story telling abilities but lacks advance plotting practice and programming experience. Despite this, the game was very good on his story telling abilities alone. If you try to finish it without that aspect it wouldn't be the very good game you saw.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Loved this story, even if it had practically zero sexy stuff in it. It was so engrossing.
Shame Becky and Lilly never got enough love. Also the sandbox? should just have stuck to VN style, no need for it. Hope the dev gets back into it one day. One of the best supernatural ones on here.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
maybe till he get his drive back he start a small project with the mom character and slowly build up his experience again.
just start small project and try to finish that first before moving back to bigger project.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
maybe till he get his drive back he start a small project with the mom character and slowly build up his experience again.
just start small project and try to finish that first before moving back to bigger project.
A smaller project shouldn't just be for experience; it should also serve to boost his confidence as well.

Nov 23, 2017
Agreed! Veqvil has something really unique and truly special.

...this might be one of the best games out there... developers often need assistance marketing their games, a large uptick in Patreon subscribers, and the derivative financial boon, could help Veqvil keep going... I hope this thread and the community at large promoting his efforts will be enough for him to pick it up again...

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
According to patreon About tab;
IMPORTANT:
#Works on LaS are on hold for the time being, I am taking a break#
So I'll wait and see if it's really abandoned or not, which I hope it's not. But I might be wrong though.
NVM just saw this quoted, and this looks.... well yeah:WutFace:
Reposting from Patreon for anyone interested. Game is abandoned again.

I've been thinking a long time about writing this post and I think it's the right move to be fully transparent here. These last few months were horrible and I am definitely going crazy taking the game apart and simply not being satisfied with both the content I'm currently working on and in the recent past.

There were moments where I was optimistic and thought "I will get there" if I just create and try out different versions of the scenes, and yet after all those attempts I end up going to bed feeling like I made the progress I can build on, only to find I scrap everything because it was horrible/unusable on the next day (It actually was horrible).

I would be lying if I said I don't feel burned out at this point.

Whenever I logged into discord, I just didn't know what to say, looking at how I am not delivering even though I am relentlessly grinding and spending my whole day on creating content for 0.08.5 for so long now.

I know people are waiting and have waited for some time now, but working on LaS now comes with pressure and stress to a point where it's almost crippling.
And that's what I want to announce in this post - I will be taking a break from working on LaS for the time being.

I'm sorry that I have to disappoint you guys, but I truly don't feel like I can keep going like this.

As for how long the pause on game development is going to be, I don't know, and to be honest, I don't want to set a date on it.

I will however still be checking into discord and maybe even make some posts about my thoughts on 3D related matters, but I really want to get a normal "relationship" with the project again, instead of waking up to a full day of failure and just feel like I am repeatedly hitting a wall.

While on the break I also plan to look into the script and I'm considering making changes to the dialogue or similar to avoid a repeat of the above. I don't want to run into something like this ever again and of course, I hope to come up with something that finally works.

I am not sure if it's simply a mindset thing or I may just be setting expectations for myself which I can't meet. Either way, I hope by taking a break I can both organize my life and get a healthy/normal sleep schedule once again. Also, I hope to get a less stressful mindset towards LaS in general (Which by all means is mostly self-imposed.).

As for the Patreon page, I've decided to leave things as they are for now as I have no idea how things are going to change (I will update the front page though).

I also completely understand that for many this is not professional nor acceptable, in that case, if you choose to drop or cancel your pledge altogether, I wholeheartedly want to thank you for checking out the game and for all previous support.

I will keep working on becoming the developer LaS and future projects need.

While this sucks, it is by no means the end. I will continue, I just can't say when that time will come.

For now, stay safe guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: firelord112
4.30 star(s) 129 Votes