dundo

Jul 12, 2020
Finally a VN that has a good story, with plenty of room to expand on "what happened to lead up to now" and a believable lead in to the "immortal and have superpowers" portion of the story. Too many are just, I woke up and "bam" I have powers. A good story line goes a long way in my book. The renders, in my opinion, were great for the .08 verison, and there were plenty of body types to choose from for love interests. I hate to see that this was abandoned, though. Hopefully the Dev will come back and around and give this another go. Gonna keep this version with saves intact, just in case!

Reactions: Chabs28
Aug 2, 2018
Reading the dev's last post I would say that this game is officially dead. I don't know what issues he has but for me it is clearly that he hates or to put it mildly he doesn't like his own game/work any more for unknown reasons. And of course when you are working at something that you don't like especially when it comes to such kind of "jobs" you feel pressure, stress and like hitting a wall.

His initial idea, story and characters are awesome and we loved this game for that. As for the writing the only problems could be the coding (which he improved at the last update) and the occasionally bad English (which is not important anyway).
As for the content, yes there are some issues which I present below but they could be fixed easily with minimal reworking.
im not a patron but can u post a screenshot or copy and paste exactly what he said? thanks

meinefresse1

Aug 26, 2018
Thats so sad. In my opinion one of the best games on this page. I was looking forward how the Story will go/turn. I respect the decision the dev has made and wish him the best with his RL.

Chabs28

Jul 20, 2020
....FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I REGRET PLAYING THIS GAME KNOWING ITS FUCKING ABANDONED FUCKKKKKK THE STORY WAS SO FUCKING GOOD. ANY ANY ANY CHANCE HE'LL BRING IT BACK?
I hope some day the Dev will continue finishing this game yes the story is wayy too good we all hope that he will continue this game.

Reactions: xXwankerXx
Aug 2, 2018
I hope some day the Dev will continue finishing this game yes the story is wayy too good we all hope that he will continue this game.
idk if im just being hopeful and naive but i really think the dev wants to finish the game he just wants to map out everything first then he'll return to it, another post said he sounded like he wanted to abandon it but imo it didnt sound like that, i really hope he continues to update this game. Rooting for u Veqvil!

Reactions: Chabs28

zeus04

Jan 30, 2020
yes among so many games this is very sorry to be abandoned, I had often said in the previous update a new update someone knows something, curse was overwhelming and also gate motel and a great game, too bad let's worry that the developer consider it and complete it, there is a lot of history in itself characters a good idea so to discard it is a regret.

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
Dead but still has 349 patron! you morons go support real devs, not milkers.
That's true but milkers is not only the devs who abandoned their games and still "demand" money from their supporters. There are games who don't have the "abandoned" tag but the devs develop their games too slowly using also pathetic excuses. Personal i think that veqvil is more honest than them. But yeah people should support honest devs who develop their games steadily.

Reactions: Ara-sH
Aug 2, 2018
do u think the dev will come back and do most devs come back, my brother told me that most of the time if a small dev takes a break its typically forever, idk about renpy so what do u guys think

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
It's the second time he went on "break", so chances aren't too great at this point.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
A lot of devs want to implement too much for being a one man team, take this game for example.
Let's say you have "only" 5 characters which is decent, but not THAT unrealistic, then you have to have these settings:
Love - Love - Love - Love - Sub
Love - Love - Love - Sub - Love
Love - Love - Sub - Love - Love
Love - Sub - Love - Love - Sub
Sub- Love - Love - Love - Love
and many more, that's just one route changed, but you can also have multiple sub routes which also have to be developed. Given that changing the dialogue slightly (or maybe dramatically) takes some time creating new renders takes even more time as a love path probably differs from a sub path

Reactions: Ara-sH

anonimononnon

Jul 12, 2017
A lot of devs want to implement too much for being a one man team, take this game for example.
Let's say you have "only" 5 characters which is decent, but not THAT unrealistic, then you have to have these settings:
Love - Love - Love - Love - Sub
Love - Love - Love - Sub - Love
Love - Love - Sub - Love - Love
Love - Sub - Love - Love - Sub
Sub- Love - Love - Love - Love
and many more, that's just one route changed, but you can also have multiple sub routes which also have to be developed. Given that changing the dialogue slightly (or maybe dramatically) takes some time creating new renders takes even more time as a love path probably differs from a sub path
I mean, not necessarily right?
Since it has a sandbox style the dev could make every girl have routes independent of the main plot, like Summertime Saga, meaning 2 diferent paths for each girl.

Reactions: 2796natt

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah, but that only works if the girl doesn't really have a large impact on the story. Take the black-haired one who always talks shit about you and whose name I've compeletely forgotten: I think it wouldn't fit that well if she'd still do it while she's on the sub path. You could argue that sex is one thing and story the other, but I feel like it would be weird in a way.
Nevertheless it's only speculation at this point that doesn't really go anywhere unless the dev really decides to do something again.
I also haven't played Summertime Saga, so maybe I just haven't seen someone do it right, but is this game also one man dev team?

Reactions: anonimononnon

anonimononnon

Jul 12, 2017
I dont now how many people work on summertime saga but is definetly not one, i meant more on the sense on how they do the updates in wich the dev works on one girl route per update, and how the main story in independent of the girls. However i don't disagree with what you say, it still would be a lot of work for one person, but i think it could be doable if the dev focus on parts instead of trying to move everyting forward at once.

In relation to the girl, wich name i also forgot, i completely agree, but i always felt that up to this point we had only some sort of intro and the choices still didn't matter much.

Aug 2, 2018
ive been posting here a bit and def did not wait as long as some of u guys and am still relatively holding out hope... but 1 fuckign year? and collecting residual income for a year, Vequil actual business mogul mad respect

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes