zeus04

Jan 30, 2020
This game I wonder why they ever abandoned it, they should take it and do it again and maybe even better

bigdick289

Jan 25, 2019
I really hope some dev on this site take this game development in hands. We can assume the original Dev won't update it ever again, so it would be great in my opinion if some good dev with good ratings, good writing skills, with a good imagination, could take the development of this game forward.

For real, this game had so much potential, I was so hyped by Caitlyn, Mira <3 and the doctor. Aiden was also making me laugh with his childish attitude but also serious when needed. The fact that this game was entertaining without a lot of lewd scene is something I don't find very often on here.

Dirkmcstride

Sep 6, 2018
I really hope some dev on this site take this game development in hands.
There are many games out there u could apply that to. Why not i don't know. Maybe the question has been lifted but the dev won't release his creation in hope of getting back to it?

This game was in my opinion one of the best out there. There is a fine balance in visual and dialogue to keep a game intressting. Some games just have walls of text hitting you stuck on one render so in the end u find urself skipping ton's of text untill something actually happens to the story. Maybe thats just me i don't know.

Nah. This game is good enough so if some one actually could take over the work it would have happened already. So something is bound to happen with this

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
There will be those that roll their eyes as I say this but the abandoned tag provided is f95's designation for this game, not the devs. The creator has certainly muddied the waters a bit, but there's been nothing official stating we've seen the last of LaS.
Last post was end of october saying they were going to stop working on the game since then nothing. Doesn't take much to say if it's been worked on or not.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
My solution for these kind of frustrations? Find a good game, put down a large sponsorship pledge when it updates, then after being billed, cancel. When Patreon asks why you're cancelling just put "I pledge $XX as a thank-you for the quality update. I'll do that again for the next update." If everyone did this, developers would be motivated to release, as the clear message would be "update = $$$."

Right now, Patreon really only motivates developers to drip-feed. If they complete the game, no more income.

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
My solution for these kind of frustrations? Find a good game, put down a large sponsorship pledge when it updates, then after being billed, cancel. When Patreon asks why you're cancelling just put "I pledge $XX as a thank-you for the quality update. I'll do that again for the next update." If everyone did this, developers would be motivated to release, as the clear message would be "update = $$$."

Right now, Patreon really only motivates developers to drip-feed. If they complete the game, no more income.
Ah, but here you are paying them to update, but that isn't what Patreon is.
You support an artist/developer/model/whatever so they can make the things they want, not to make a specific thing you want.
Of course they will give you extra's depending on how much money they get from you, but that is really the only thing you pay for.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Ah, but here you are paying them to update, but that isn't what Patreon is.
You support an artist/developer/model/whatever so they can make the things they want, not to make a specific thing you want.
Yea, I've heard this argument here on F95. "You're supporting the person, not the project." I've heard it alot. And quite frankly? It's complete nonsense, and deep down you know it. Consider the following:

1. You come here, to F95zone. You play an unfinished game that you're really enjoying. You think to yourself "this is great! I want to support this developer!" Two weeks later, the developer announces that he's bored making that game you love, and has decided that instead he wants to make sports-themed tractor skins for Farming Simulator 2021, which he will then sell. Are you going to keep supporting him? Why not, right? It's the same guy, right? And according what you just said in your comment, you want to support him "so he can make the things HE wants to make, and not the specific thing you want." Well, "the things HE wants to make" are now sports-themed tractor skins. Are you going to keep supporting him? No. Of course you're not. You're going to drop support for that developer like a bad habbit, because we both know that what you're supporting is the project.

2. More often than not, the developers use the projects as specific selling points. They advertise what they're making, and what they're going to make if they reach certain funding goals. If their supporters were just supporting THEM and not their PROJECTS, this wouldn't be. Instead they'd be offering up bios about who they are and why they deserve your money to do whatever they want. They don't do that because they know - just like I know, and just like *you* know - that people are are coming to support their work.

Can we please drop this ridiculous, disingenuous narrative.

Last edited:

poopnose84

Sep 20, 2020
This game has WAY too many bugs... got the movie night bug TWICE, and now I can't complete "Staying Fit" or "Evening Run" because clicking on the shoes in the Garden does absolutely nothing. Why even bother starting a game if you're not going to fix bugs or even finish it?

Deleted member 1394645

Game Developer
May 4, 2019
...You support an artist/developer/model/whatever so they can make the things they want, not to make a specific thing you want....
If "things they want" is development with regularly updates, no matter you like the content or not, then its ok. I think this is what Patreon want.

But if "things they want" turns to doing nothing for weeks/months or slow down the process and choose the easy and chilly way, it´s not ok.

Extreme example is ICSTOR. In his case, you really cant say that you support him because he is doing what want, because he isnt doing anything. :)

Reactions: arms99

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
Yea, I've heard this argument here on F95. "You're supporting the person, not the project." I've heard it alot. And quite frankly? It's complete nonsense, and deep down you know it. Consider the following:

1. You come here, to F95zone. You play an unfinished game that you're really enjoying. You think to yourself "this is great! I want to support this developer!" Two weeks later, the developer announces that he's board making that game you love, and has decided that instead he wants to make sports-themed tractor skins for Farming Simulator 2021, which he will then sell. Are you going to keep supporting him? Why not, right? It's the same guy, right? And according what you just said in your comment, you want to support him "so he can make the things HE wants, and "not the specific thing you want." No. Of course you're not. You're going to drop support for that developer like a bad habbit, because we both know that what you're supporting is the project.

2. More often than not, the developers use the projects as specific selling points. They advertise what they're making, and what they're going to make if they reach certain funding goals. If their supporters were just supporting THEM and not their PROJECTS, this wouldn't be. Instead they'd be offering up bios about who they are and why they deserve your money to do whatever they want. They don't do that because they know - just like I know, and just like *you* know - that people are are coming to support their work.

Can we please drop this ridiculous, disingenuous narrative.
Ah, so I basically agree with what you said, it's the same thing.
You support the artist, you can always stop supporting the artist if he stops or does stuff you don't want.
BUT, let's give another hypothetical: What if he stops the game he is making and starts up another game, which wasn't the reason you supported him, but you do like? Would that mean you support him or the game?

It goes both ways, nothing wrong with stop supporting him, but you still are supporting the person, not the project.

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
If "things they want" is development with regularly updates, no matter you like the content or not, then its ok. I think this is what Patreon want.

But if "things they want" turns to doing nothing for weeks/months or slow down the process and choose the easy and chilly way, it´s not ok.

Extreme example is ICSTOR. In his case, you really cant say that you support him because he is doing what want, because he isnt doing anything. :)
I totally agree with that, especially ICSTOR and even Veqvil in a way.

But guys like Ttll, who hasn't updated his game (in my signature) for almost a year now, I would support, because he has stated that he works on it as a hobby and finishes when he wants to. So all the money he gets through Patreon is extra for him, not his real income.
But it all depends on how you feel towards a developer, ICSTOR has about 6000 patreons and looks like he doesn't have to work alot (maybe he does, no one knows). And back to the comparison Ttll has almost 200 patreons and we see that he gets $1.264 a month, all it shows is the people who support Ttll give him the extra he needs to make something he wants, ICSTOR is raking in the money each month and doesn't really have to work for it.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
You support the artist, you can always stop supporting the artist if he stops or does stuff you don't want.
If you're only supporting the artist so long as he works on the project you want, then you're not "supporting the artist so that he can make what he wants." You're supporting the project.

BUT, let's give another hypothetical: What if he stops the game he is making and starts up another game, which wasn't the reason you supported him, but you do like? Would that mean you support him or the game?

It goes both ways, nothing wrong with stop supporting him, but you still are supporting the person, not the project.
No, it absolutely would not. It would mean you're supporting his new project. Again, if you're supporting the person and not the project, then it wouldn't matter what the project is or if you like it, because it's still the same person. If you're only supporting him so long as he works on specific projects that you enjoy, then its the projects that you are supporting.

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
If you're only supporting the artist so long as he works on the project you want, then you're not "supporting the artist so that he can make what he wants." You're supporting the project.

No, it absolutely would not. It would mean you're supporting his new project. Again, if you're supporting the person and not the project, then it wouldn't matter what the project is or if you like it, because it's still the same person. If you're only supporting him so long as he works on specific projects that you enjoy, then its the projects that you are supporting.
Okay, I get your point, but what if he in the mean time makes those skins for Farm Simulator, but also on the project the reason I supported him. If he would do a fifty/fifty, does that support for him or the project? I'm still paying him each month, so supporting him in both his projects.

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
Didn't Veqvil post he's back recently?
or am I thinking of someone else?
He was and then he posted this in October :(
You have to go to the quote to read the Patreon message

Unfortunately not that good news for the dev and his game (but somehow we already feared that)
I wish him well and will be waiting.

PS: MrKnobb I went and had a look at your game, very interessting sir.

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes