Aprilsun

Oct 15, 2017

Release info on 0.04 and changing priorities.
Patrons only
Jan 21 at 8:51pm
Hey guys, in this post I'd like to give further information on the release date of 0.04.
In short: Expect it to be the 31 January, possibly earlier if everything works fine + excuses.

Looking back at the release of 0.03 I remember panicking and turning down quality of all my upcoming renders as well as skipping bug fixing/testing just to be able to release on the given date. The result was a buggy version I was not happy with. I had to skip classes and reschedule work, just to create 0.03.1 which contained lots of rework and bug fixes (also I didn't sleep until I uploaded the bug fixed version).

This time I want to push the month as much as I can before I release and therefore I set 2 triggers for releasing the game: Either it's the 31. January or I think the game is ready for public release.

This way I'm not forced to turn down the render quality or make them faster by removing certain things and scenes. Since I'm pretty sure I will be doing final testing and tweaking by the end of next week, I should (and no matter what, will) be able to release by the end of this month. I strongly work against another "empty" month for you guys.

I'm absolutely aware this is not the way things should work and I want to apologize for all the inconvenience. I know I was initially talking about early January and so on. The reason behind being so unpredictable still is my lack of experience (e.g. knowing how long does it take to create a new character etc.) as well as (unexpected) private things. While the awesome support so far allows me to buy some upgrades soon and new 3d assets it's still too early to say goodbye to any safe income.

The conclusion is that I will focus more on the quality and less forcing myself to be fast. I have so many projects/ideas planned that I always felt like I ran out of time if I'm too slow. But rushing things harms the project and learning how to become faster through lowering the quality is not what I want. There is so much more potential for me to become more efficient and a hell faster, but this requires time. Sticking to being fast blocks my thoughts on implementing sound, complexity etc. I realized I was starting to stop learning new things, as the only thought I had was to lower the quality and content so I can be "in time".

I want to keep creating games for as long as I can, hell even make this my full time thing if it takes care of rent, food and tea :).

veqvil

Game Developer
Oct 23, 2017
@veqvil FY your time on this forum is almost finished.
You need to post a new release to have an extension. XD

But no pressure :angel:
Gulp

I have a dream. That someday @veqvil gonna make a game where white,black and brown(yes I am brown I know brown dudes get no loves :FeelsBadMan: ) also green(if you are into that sort of thing) dudes banging some girls(yes gangbang I like to exaggerate) with no holds barred. Goddamit @veqvil you are a artist and your girls are amazing it will be injustice if you do not put them through at least one ganbang party. :cryingface:
XD Sorry brown dude for the lack of love XD

Yeah that's the whole point with there being 3 routes. Something for everyone.
This!

You aren't answer me. You are asking for scenes and I am trying to put them in the context of the story, nothing more. I didn't say I wouldn't see them or what my preference is.
This game is about fulfilling/discovering your desires and not everyone has the same. The main plot, of course, revolves about some mysteries in the past/real-life struggle and... :D. I'm far from it but my goal is to create a game interesting enough without the sex and of course still mainly is about sex. XD

Owls are the animals that eat their food, puke it back out and eat it again, or feed it to baby owls. FYI if i had one, i wouldn't trust your perverted mind to see it. XD
Wait I love animals in a good way :D

Could be a fun form of petplay. Dress the girls up as owls and then puke in their mouths :closedeyesmile:
Cannot wait to see what @veqvil makes of that suggestionx'Dx'D
Ehh... @n0b0dy wants that XD

LOL

EDIT: I can give unlimited likes lol! :D

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
This game is about fulfilling/discovering your desires and not everyone has the same. The main plot, of course, revolves about some mysteries in the past/real-life struggle and... :D. I'm far from it but my goal is to create a game interesting enough without the sex and of course still mainly is about sex. XD
Thanks for your reply. I understand that we don't all have the same tastes. Let's say I like sex with aliens in a spaceship. Should I ask you for a scene like that? In what context? I mean, I have no problems with any fetish. I don't usually avoid any scene, be it bestiallity, rape, gay or whatever. But the scenes have to do with the story.

I like this game because tries to tell a story about relationships and in the middle of them there's sex. And the story so far has caught me. It's not about the typical horny MC who wants to get laid with everything nearby. I also usually play that games, such as SunValley School, but I know what is and I wouldn't ask the Dev to go deeper into the psychological relationship between the MC and his sister, I just enjoy the sex scenes and dialogues without sense.

Keep your work, like @wep said, your time is running out :extremelyhappy:

T

Tony_Stark

sharing/voyeur route is bad, it don't make sense the girls don't seem to be like that and mc doesn't fit the kind of guy that will push them to do things they don't want just to satisfy his own fetishes, just saying
:p

Reactions: veqvil

RonDamon

Aug 15, 2017
sharing/voyeur route is bad, it don't make sense the girls don't seem to be like that and mc doesn't fit the kind of guy that will push them to do things they don't want just to satisfy his own fetishes, just saying
agree, is not my fetish but i'm not against that but i don't think fit with the chars in this game there are some good games with that kind of thing like superpowered where you can use your control to make the girls nymphomaniac and they go fuck everything and its fun to watch, but not this one

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I understand that we don't all have the same tastes. Let's say I like sex with aliens in a spaceship. Should I ask you for a scene like that? In what context? I mean, I have no problems with any fetish. I don't usually avoid any scene, be it bestiallity, rape, gay or whatever. But the scenes have to do with the story.

I like this game because tries to tell a story about relationships and in the middle of them there's sex. And the story so far has caught me. It's not about the typical horny MC who wants to get laid with everything nearby. I also usually play that games, such as SunValley School, but I know what is and I wouldn't ask the Dev to go deeper into the psychological relationship between the MC and his sister, I just enjoy the sex scenes and dialogues without sense.

Keep your work, like @wep said, your time is running out :extremelyhappy:
There is no harm in asking. So I would say go for it. @veqvil wants to tell a story with complex characters, conflict and fulfilling desires. But sex will not be the plot, just a part of life you can live in the game. With going back from the stereotypes character (hopefully) and letting the game be played with the conflict and relations (sexual or not) and a story outside of that, it all comes down to if it can fit into the game. Sure, full on supernatural elements might not be this game (or is it? It has some teasing, and I just dont mean the vampire jokes and witcher characters and dragon rumors), but even if it isnt there are always ways of making things work. Taking your alien spaceship example, they might not fit normally into the story. But then if we start thinking about the weird dreams you are having which seems to be a recurring point of the story that could open door. Ok, that might even be too far fetched for that. But maybe you could spend some of that hard earned money in game to make/take some psychedelic drugs, maybe they have a connection with your trip in asia and are supposed give you answers or understanding but you can also use them to experience weird acid trip sex scenes.

I get what you are saying though. You are afraid that the sex will become the driving force of the story and the writing and deviate from whats been established so far. And thats a valid concern. But even if @veqvil include new ideas I feel confident in the vision. Those fundamentals will be there and whatever new goes into the game will have to be able to work with that vision. The characters will still be complex with personalities and lives beside just being a potential sex scene for the MC, there relationship will drive the story, and the writing will have to be good enough to make it feel like that and not that you are interacting with sex cliches or fetishes with legs, they will be more. Thats what what @veqvil is trying for and I dont think anything less with will end up into the game. And if it does, I will make veq eat those pages of the script and then write it properly. So its a win win situation:cool:.

agree, is not my fetish but i'm not against that but i don't think fit with the chars in this game there are some good games with that kind of thing like superpowered where you can use your control to make the girls nymphomaniac and they go fuck everything and its fun to watch, but not this one
Well the MC will be defined by the players so he will act differently depending on the choices we make. Im pretty sure he will be very different depending og what routes you play. As for the girls, we have barely met them. Even if I do agree that Carol and Amy dosnt seem like they want to jump on all the cocks in the town, this is not some game where characters are simple and the girls who like being watched or like to sleep around express that to you in blatant dialog right after they said hello, and in how they dress and act. These will have layers, and everything might not always be how it seems. I know from real life that some of the shy and more virgin like girls might become extremely dirty when they are not seen by the public. And this is not even adding in the fact that the characters will gro and change over the game, specially considering how the MC will have an ability to influence the girls the way he want. With all these games it easy to forget that unleashing someones desires and taping into their sexuallity is not a superpower. And dont panic, they wont run around a do things you dont like if you influence them, they are nice like that. Im just saying they will be a little more complex that playing an archetype and being nothing more than that.

And so another chapter was written.

n0b0dy

Jun 1, 2017
We have not really spent that much time with the mc or the girls to know who they are yet. It is very probable the mc does not have "one" personality but multiple ones dependent in the choices you make. It is like in Beat Blades Haruka where the MC is a boring "regular joe" in the Love Route but is a sadist who likes to torture the girls in the game in all sorts of ways (one is by making them have sex with lot's of strangers against their will) in the Brutal Route. So I expect something like that here also, especially since we can already see the MC has a nice sadistic streak going on while making some choices. So the mc forcing the girls to do things against their will and sleep with other men against their will seems very fitting and not out of character at all.

It also had been confirmed we will be able to encourage (some of) the women to be with other men (like with Carol and her employee) if we don't choose to peruse them (I believe it has also been confirmed Becky could sleep with other men if you reject her). So it is not much of a stretch there will be a voyeur route where the MC can watch this action and enjoy himself this way with the technology route. This also opens up interesting story possibilities, think about the MC threatening to put the footage online. Maybe the MC is interested in a girl who is already taken, so he encourages Becky to sleep with her guy and then shows her the footage so they'll break up and the MC can swoop in.

When you say the MC is not a sadist or voyeur that is because you are projecting yourself into him (so you believe he feels the same way as you) or because you only see him on the "nice guy routes".

4.30 star(s) 129 Votes