3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Ok, but I only play once, so if it causes me to have bonus scenes with some characters and not others, then it really annoys me. It's having to choose if I prefer one or the other LI. If I don't like a LI, I prefer to be the one who decides individually and not be forced to choose between them.
Currently, early into the game, it affects only dialogues by small margin if any. Later in the game, both choices and decision who you wish to have greatest affection with should be very clear and easy to understand (Or at least I will be doing my best) so players should be happy with outcomes of events. I'm trying to avoid confusion and anger caused by random outcomes of events. Hopefully you will like current and future content!

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Currently, early into the game, it affects only dialogues by small margin if any. Later in the game, both choices and decision who you wish to have greatest affection with should be very clear and easy to understand (Or at least I will be doing my best) so players should be happy with outcomes of events. I'm trying to avoid confusion and anger caused by random outcomes of events. Hopefully you will like current and future content!
Actually I want to have the maximum affection with all the LIs, maybe I like some more, but not enough so that I like having content with her and this eliminates content with another.

• Red Heart
Reactions: $@~ and SPkiller31

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I hate games that makes me choose what locations I want to vist. Why not have it set up where it follows a pattern and the game automatically chooses where we visit?

Reactions: qaywsx

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I hate games that makes me choose what locations I want to vist. Why not have it set up where it follows a pattern and the game automatically chooses where we visit?
Well that was my design choice, I understand that many players prefer more automatic gameplay but there are many that find this immersive. Plus it gives more options for branching story story in the future.

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Info: Version 0.1.5 is already available for all 5$ supporters right now on either the or .
It features new events, many fixes, and a new main character.
The full changelog can be accessed on or .

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
LoveCastaways-0.1.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Red Heart
Reactions: SPkiller31

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
When one performs an act of choosing a location/using World Map in some games, it's not grinding. Grinding is a term used in video games, referring to the act of repeating an action (or set of actions) to achieve something with that "something" being locked behind act of grind.
I dunno what you're trying to say here, but your map selection act just gives the same story event several times, so the same result several times, no new story just the repeated scene, sorry but that is just grinding. The act of repeating an action or set of actions to achieve something (story progress) says all there is to say.

So do we get points for the girls in these repeat scenes and when we get enough points we get a new scene? (yes...)
Or is there a requirement for story progress based on a certain day of the week we visit a certain location? (no....)

If it's a point system based on repeated scenes, your game uses grinding mechanics, if it's based on a certain day/location or unique story events in sequence it's not. In the situation of location/day i would suggest making an ingame walkthrough.

If you use the same scene several times before the story gets progress it's grinding, it's really that simple.
Now i can understand some repeated scenes being necessary if storylines of other characters need to be finished first.
But without a hint system the player will only start selecting locations at random hoping something new will happen.

As for the game, it certainly has potential but several repeated scenes in a row only distract from the story, the player wants to experience new situations, see the story evolve. The game must be entertaining and leave you wanting more... But after the intro and seeing these scenes the first time, we get a repeat of the same scene over and over... So no matter how good the introduction is, the feeling we get is more of the same without progress... Perhaps try different texts with the repeated screen?

Anyway, good luck dev ;)

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I dunno what you're trying to say here, but your map selection act just gives the same story event several times, so the same result several times, no new story just the repeated scene, sorry but that is just grinding.
What I tried to say is: Besides using a map there is practically no need for replaying old scenes, specially not several times like you stated. I know that some guys overall don't like games with any type of map/free-roam elements but as long as someone reads dialogues and uses brain, there currently may be a need for seeing same common events twice at worst. (Probably once, if player does not discover one of the places in first week he may or may not need to replay something or just skip a day).
I can't make game 100% foolproof if someone wishes to hit a wall in the story but there was not a single moment, even in early events where you are required to grind same character many times. (I guess if a player does not discover one location before weekend, one weekend place may be locked but then player receives hint that they need to meet other classmates so having one weekend wasted could be an example.)

So do we get points for the girls in these repeat scenes and when we get enough points we get a new scene? (yes...)
No, of course not and that's not true at all. There is not a single event that is locked behind affection. Not in old builds and not in upcoming updates so no idea where that's coming from. In fact, most events happen one after another or require visiting a character that is pointed in dialogues so the player is not lost. (Suzune talking about taking Himari to the cafe in a free time (so probably weekend), Suzune advising mc to visit other character, character calling mc and asking him to visit her place etc. Sorry but that's a somewhat main reason why I can't take this feedback fully seriously as you did not even give an example of one event being unlocked via repeating same scene over and over (Plus there isn't any).
I said that before and in a dev notes if not mistaken but affection points/love points are mainly for extra scenes, different outcomes of dialogues, and such. (Character may be sad/angry if her friend has 20 points and she has only 5 "Buuh why is she better than me) Events may be slightly changed but there is not even one occurrence of event being LOCKED behind a point system.(There may/may not be in future versions.)

But without a hint system, the player will only start selecting locations at random hoping something new will happen.
If player reads dialogues and has eyes, visiting all characters/locations will be enough to progress story further. Again, one bad example from my side could be a weekend cafe but even that is hinted via dialogue as Suzune wants to take her friend there. So there may be a need for skipping one/two days or just seeing common event but nobody should be lost if one pays attention. (Plus in next version some dialogues are changed a little bit so it's more obvious. I take full credit for making this sequence misleading a little bit.)
I planned/still plan to give players a hint system but so far most players did not have a problem with story progression which for the most time happens naturally as long as the player pays attention to the game. (And even received feedback that some prefer this kind of basic hint system embedded in the in-game world) Though I still will implement it to save me and players a headache. I'm just preparing fully functional and integrated tip system.
Perhaps try different texts with the repeated screen?
There will be several "common"/repeated scenes for the same character plus some will change based on story progression as a character's behavior and reception of mc may change. So yes, that's something planned from the beginning but it requires some work that I prefer to right now spend on main story.

Apologies for the text dump but I wanted to address all things. And thank you a lot for taking your time to give such lengthy feedback I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: punisher2099

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Jesus Christ... what the hell is this suppose to be? How should I answer?
1680541112494.png

I would go with whatever your heart prefers. There are no bad answers/trap choices leading to end game screen in the story, just different approaches to the situation that may have bigger and smaller consequences.
But have to say: I would love to have statistic of some sort what players pick the most :KEK:.

• Haha
Reactions: ubgu

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
View attachment 2517750

I would go with whatever your heart prefers. There are no bad answers/trap choices leading to end game screen in the story, just different approaches to the situation that may have bigger and smaller consequences.
But have to say: I would love to have statistic of some sort what players pick the most :KEK:.
I already deleted the game so I didn't bother looking for what the other option does, but I picked option 2 and got +1 Affection for Suzune. What's the first option will give? In regards to consequences, how big of a deal will you implement such a feature into the game? What scope and limitations are you envisioning in here?

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I already deleted the game so I didn't bother looking for what the other option does, but I picked option 2 and got +1 Affection for Suzune.
Without spoiling whole story, quite a lot I'd say. Affection point for Suzune is just a bonus for this entire event but choices themselves trigger different flags that have an impact later in the story.
What's the first option will give? In regards to consequences, how big of a deal will you implement such a feature into the game? What scope and limitations are you envisioning in here?
Fist option may/will change outcome of the event entirely.
Obviously difficult to say regarding whole game but choices have quite big impact. As I said, there are no bad choices so clicking something will not stop you from playing or delete character entirely but what you say will change how other characters interact with you. Just as non-story example, telling a character that you broke their promise may change how they behave in events. I plan to make separate common/repeatable events for your choices. (Character may look angry instead of just bored/happy). I don't want to tell entire story and make text wall but I plan to respect player's choices and show that they have impact in the story even if it means little changes in dialogue (Oh shame you didn't tell me before/thank you for clarifying that before etc.)
Regarding limitations, I guess as I said, I don't plan on simply blocking something. Even if you pick literally every little choice against some character, her route/story will not just disappear(and definitely not early in the story), it will be different but still viable. I'm against taking something from the player.
Choices may block one event, but unlock other so regarding the story, it will still be "net" worth if I can call it that way.

I try to make characters as "human" as possible, that means that they will react to whatever the player does when given a chance.

PS: Obviously currently working on a game as simple hobby, limits a little bit branching events, I prefer to focus on events available no matter what rather than spend only a few available hours of free time on something that 50% of the player base may skip. But yes, I'm doing my best to make choices meaningful.

Oh and thank you for playing the current build and leaving the comment, I appreciate it a lot!

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
View attachment 2517693

Jesus Christ... what the hell is this suppose to be? How should I answer?
Without spoiling whole story, quite a lot I'd say. Affection point for Suzune is just a bonus for this entire event but choices themselves trigger different flags that have an impact later in the story.

Fist option may/will change outcome of the event entirely.
Obviously difficult to say regarding whole game but choices have quite big impact. As I said, there are no bad choices so clicking something will not stop you from playing or delete character entirely but what you say will change how other characters interact with you. Just as non-story example, telling a character that you broke their promise may change how they behave in events. I plan to make separate common/repeatable events for your choices. (Character may look angry instead of just bored/happy). I don't want to tell entire story and make text wall but I plan to respect player's choices and show that they have impact in the story even if it means little changes in dialogue (Oh shame you didn't tell me before/thank you for clarifying that before etc.)
Regarding limitations, I guess as I said, I don't plan on simply blocking something. Even if you pick literally every little choice against some character, her route/story will not just disappear(and definitely not early in the story), it will be different but still viable. I'm against taking something from the player.
Choices may block one event, but unlock other so regarding the story, it will still be "net" worth if I can call it that way.

I try to make characters as "human" as possible, that means that they will react to whatever the player does when given a chance.

PS: Obviously currently working on a game as simple hobby, limits a little bit branching events, I prefer to focus on events available no matter what rather than spend only a few available hours of free time on something that 50% of the player base may skip. But yes, I'm doing my best to make choices meaningful.

Oh and thank you for playing the current build and leaving the comment, I appreciate it a lot!
Actually, the logical choice would be to tell her that you promised Yuki not to tell it to anyone and that it's something she'll tell when she feels ready.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
View attachment 2517750

Actually, as described, I don't like either of the two options, so I haven't chosen.

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Actually, as described, I don't like either of the two options, so I haven't chosen.
Hi, it's shame this became a such story blocker for you but I understand that. My game features and will feature morally difficult choices, even if some don't have that big impact so it's understandable that players may prefer something lighter.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Hi, it's shame this became a such story blocker for you but I understand that. My game features and will feature morally difficult choices, even if some don't have that big impact so it's understandable that players may prefer something lighter.
I would understand a moral dilemma if there wasn't really an option to tell her that it's not something you have a right to say since you promised not to say it. I guess she can understand that if you tell her you're breaking the trust that Yuki placed in you, so she won't insist. In reality this is an artificial moral dilemma where there might as well not be one.

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
I would understand a moral dilemma if there wasn't really an option to tell her that it's not something you have a right to say since you promised not to say it. I guess she can understand that if you tell her you're breaking the trust that Yuki placed in you, so she won't insist. In reality this is an artificial moral dilemma where there might as well not be one.
That's a fair point and I partially agree. This in-game choice is to some extent exaggerated a bit as none of the outcomes will instantly "destroy" a character's relation but I wanted to emphasize that when forced by Suzune (the character asking) to tell her, you have to take a side.
Without spoiling the game and story, the second part of your comment about understanding is somewhat considered in-game. Both outcomes show (if I'm allowed to say that about my own title) rather interesting scenarios that should satisfy a player for the time being.
And of course the matter of artificial dilemmas is the biggest problem in text-based games, probably for everyone. From a logical standpoint, many bad/difficult situations could be avoided irl by simply using a brain but in-game I want to challenge players with unavoidable situations, often just for the sake of engaging story/scene.

Thank you for leaving a comment and playing current build!

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
That's a fair point and I partially agree. This in-game choice is to some extent exaggerated a bit as none of the outcomes will instantly "destroy" a character's relation but I wanted to emphasize that when forced by Suzune (the character asking) to tell her, you have to take a side.
Without spoiling the game and story, the second part of your comment about understanding is somewhat considered in-game. Both outcomes show (if I'm allowed to say that about my own title) rather interesting scenarios that should satisfy a player for the time being.
And of course the matter of artificial dilemmas is the biggest problem in text-based games, probably for everyone. From a logical standpoint, many bad/difficult situations could be avoided irl by simply using a brain but in-game I want to challenge players with unavoidable situations, often just for the sake of engaging story/scene.

Thank you for leaving a comment and playing current build!
I personally don't like to choose sides between LIs. The moment a game does that I usually leave it. I was liking the game, but I'm not going to choose either option, so here it's game over for me.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Good art and all that but besides that it is boring as I thought from first play and being the son there would be a story... Nope no story purely a dating sim... a good one at that but boring if you are tired of dating sims like I am. Anymore I need a story with a good plot to keep me interested.

Game Play: 3/5 for a dating sim there is no goal just try a new location every time until no more content
Sound: 3/5 Music is good but no other sound
Art: 4/5 Nice character designs but nothing special
UI: 2/5 (there is no UI as there is nothing but options to go to new place so no UI as in no phone or anything else)

• Red Heart

SPkiller31

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Hi there,
Regarding your feedback I'll do my best to give some info.
Game Play: 3/5 for a dating sim there is no goal just try a new location every time until no more content
That's probably the toughest part. I'm doing my best to make story captivating as well as implementing new characters as well as for v0.2.0 some backstory as well as important location. The goal, understood as ending/routes/etc is roughly ready but of course, I plan to update game for a long time, so I agree it may be a slow burn for a lot of people.
Sound: 3/5 Music is good but no other sound
That's fortunately already improved in version 0.2.0. There are new soundtracks as well as misc. sounds like few sounds for phone and calls, doors, etc. Plus there will definitely be more as updates progress.

Regarding artstyle, thank you for the high ranking. New scenes look I'd say objectively better than old ones as I pay more attention to shadows, light and play around with different settings.
Regarding UI, I just like to keep gamescreen simple and clean. There are few, some yet not shown changes and additions but game definitely focuses on text and choices as in more old-school vn's
Some changes come to life thanks to Discord polls/suggestions and are already implement but I try to avoid spamming this thread as an owner :KEK:

Thank you for playing my game and even giving clear feedback I appreciate it!

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes