VN Ren'Py Love, Honor, Betray [Ep. 8] [Renio Studios]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
Well at first it semmed to be a very good game, very good renders and models and a well written story until... the blackmail starts.
Oh god, why do i have to play a god damned stupid cunt with no brain cells.
The writing was really good but suddently the dev thought it would be nice to add a stupid blackmail, very poorly done, to spoil eveything!!
I have nothing against blackmail stories but when it is that bad, i just can't go on. She has all the evidences, the messages and she doen't even bother to call her husband to warn him and decide what to do. And of course she can't go to the police because there are hundreeds of men in black watching her probably, and as usual in those stupid games the police is corrupted and works with the blackmailer.
All that shit just to make her do some fucking with random people, that's lame.
Usually when i find that kind of shit in a game i just stop and forget about it but this time, the start seemed so good that i'm really pissed!!
I hate blackmail storylines too, but the one here isn't totally off the deep end. She may have the messages, but there is still evidence of her committing a serious crime so it still makes some sense. Plus, the demands have not (yet) led to mandatory scenes you can't get out of.

I do agree that not telling the husband doesn't make much sense. Though I do want the husband to react badly when told, just so there is a jump off point to a more independent MC.
LOL! I just came here to post something that just struck me as I was playing... and it kinda counters the reasons you think the blackmail is dumb and unrealistic. Let's just imagine for a minute what would happen if she tells her husband or goes to the police, only to find out afterwards that her husband IS the blackmailer...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Taking all that into consideration, it would probably be a good idea if we let the story progress at least a little more, so that we can learn more about it before making wild proclamations. ;)

Last edited:

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
LOL! I just came here to post something that just struck me as I was playing... and it kinda counters the reasons you think the blackmail is dumb and unrealistic. Let's just imagine for a minute what would happen if she tells her husband or goes to the police, only to find out afterwards that her husband IS the blackmailer...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Taking all that into consideration, it would probably be a good idea if we let the story progress at least a little more, so that we can learn more about it before making wild proclamations. ;)
Why would the husband blackmail his wife into doing criminal things at their hospital? unless you think he wants her to get fired so he can bang some nurses without her knowing about it? He might get his wish anyway since at the party the director at the other hospital was interested in Lacey joining

Reactions: MythMackay

MythMackay

Feb 29, 2020
Why would the husband blackmail his wife into doing criminal things at their hospital? unless you think he wants her to get fired so he can bang some nurses without her knowing about it? He might get his wish anyway since at the party the director at the other hospital was interested in Lacey joining
I have no idea why the husband would want to blackmail her, but since it's still very early in the story, it makes sense that we wouldn't know. Hence, why I suggested we wait a minute or two to let the story unfold before assuming we know the reasons for why decisions were made the way they were, or the motives for character's actions, etc...
I am definitely very curious, and interested in seeing how it all plays out.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
This game's story could be absolute garbage every update and I still wouldn't care and would play it just because the main character is so hot, jesus.

Reactions: Malika1234

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
Episode 5 is now live for all patrons.

The Palliser Estate party is here. Lacey meets new people and bumps into recent acquaintances.
We hope you enjoy this latest update and as always, thanks for your continued support, we really appreciate it!
Nio and Ren

PC - Google Drive
Google Drive

PC - Mega
Mega

Decryption key: od0ClL7FBYW6iiSMNiIZOyT8hMxgvZIh_w1ugZLxgYs

Mac - Google Drive
Google Drive

Mac - Mega
Mega

Decryption key: Ej5LWd8wE4jO9N8i1a7Mrzfr2qjFlI50vQxJ_N2Scrk
do you have links for new update?