VN Ren'Py Love Island [v0.3.1] [AfroM]

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
I have already installed the script and mcroom2 files but the loop repeats itself when meeting Moira and puts the MC to sleep so that she can be a queen and the loop restarts. The only thing that advances is the days.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
download the new version, and start a new game, i added a few variables to the game so if you had a previous safe it will ignore the new variables and you WILL BE STUCK IN THE LOOP so you can just skip the watched content by holding down CTRL

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
you should know its the new version by checking the version in the main menu and its says 0.3.1

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
Even when I press the ‘sleep’ button, the game does not progress, the game goes into a loop.
i downloaded the game myself and made sure its the 0.3.1 version, started with nyx corruption since she is the fastest one and got to the conversation and i didnt get the loop since the new version is fixed, so if you get the loop its because your playing from an old save on the pc version

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
Only Mega has version 0.3.1, that's probably why people reinstalling it, still has the loop problem (That's what happened to me)
ah, fair enough, then i shall leave only the mega version for now to avoid further problems, its only 2gb so its not heavy and is below the limit of download daily

Reactions: Soulafein

svetliaka92

Sep 18, 2019
Hi, I got 0.3.1 from the mega link, now after the gym build scene with Nyx when I click the "Leave" button I get an exception that causes a crash. Traceback attached.

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: AfroM

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
Hi, I got 0.3.1 from the mega link, now after the gym build scene with Nyx when I click the "Leave" button I get an exception that causes a crash. Traceback attached.
PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION OF THE POST, IN YOU GET THE INFINITE LOOP ERROR IS BECAUSE YOU ARE USING THE OLD VERSION AND NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
So I finally got to sit down with this for about an hour AfroM ... The writing is weak, the pacing is bad, the transitions are terrible, it uses outdated HS models--which would be forgivable if not for the horrendous clipping; the UI is somehow both mostly pointless and extremely intrusive for being just plain text on the bottom of the screen...

You have a bunch of flipped increments (=+ instead of +=) which fuck up the progression for the mother, the conditional checks and label jumps are about as badly implemented as I've ever seen, the if/else statements and their nested jumps are spastic to the point where we're seeing events we should not be seeing based on expected conditional checks...

I suggest you respect all of our time and yours, and go back and review some of the basics of Ren'py scripting. I started to fix some of the errors but I realized everything is so badly done it's not remotely worth my time. The premise, while a bit trite, is the sort of thing I like, which is the only reason I put as much time into it as I have and bothered to come here and tell you to please go back to the drawing board before you decide to put something out again. I truly wish you all the best of luck with this and hope the next release you do is worthy of the backstory you've constructed.

Reactions: AfroM

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
complete stuck did all the fix xis i say and still stuck at the audiology with the inner voice
you need to redownload the game and start a new game for the new commands to take effect, been spending all night fixing most of the issues

AfroM

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2017
So I finally got to sit down with this for about an hour AfroM ... The writing is weak, the pacing is bad, the transitions are terrible, it uses outdated HS models--which would be forgivable if not for the horrendous clipping; the UI is somehow both mostly pointless and extremely intrusive for being just plain text on the bottom of the screen...

You have a bunch of flipped increments (=+ instead of +=) which fuck up the progression for the mother, the conditional checks and label jumps are about as badly implemented as I've ever seen, the if/else statements and their nested jumps are spastic to the point where we're seeing events we should not be seeing based on expected conditional checks...

I suggest you respect all of our time and yours, and go back and review some of the basics of Ren'py scripting. I started to fix some of the errors but I realized everything is so badly done it's not remotely worth my time. The premise, while a bit trite, is the sort of thing I like, which is the only reason I put as much time into it as I have and bothered to come here and tell you to please go back to the drawing board before you decide to put something out again. I truly wish you all the best of luck with this and hope the next release you do is worthy of the backstory you've constructed.
thank you for the words and description, its true that the code its kind of a mess, since coding was never my forte and im really trying to find somewhere a coder that might help me code most of the game in the future if possible, at the moment I'm doing everything myself but i tend to do all myself and end up exhausted most of the time, it is true about the clipping and the outdated HS models that is why i have begun to learn another engine like daz or VaM to be more able and free to do proper poses and scenes, i will try to go back to try and learn the coding the best i can in the meantime. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
LoveIsland-0.3.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​