Urmull

Dec 11, 2018
I wasn't the one who tagged it, but if/when I get ownership of the thread hopefully I can fix that. But that's going to be so misleading as there's a little bit of everything in it, just like how theres a little bit of femdom (Just not in the trailer) but it's NOT all about femdom. :S hmm...
Yeah, the tagging system is a little limited in scope. Standard procedure is to just tag every theme or fetish that appears in the game, but maybe you could separate the main themes of the game from the sub themes that only appear on certain paths.
Like several other posters I only found this demo because it has the "gay" tag and I enjoyed the heck out of it! Your game already has more "gay" content (even if it's just a tweak on content written for a female character) than a host of other games with the "gay" tag so I really feel it's appropriate even though gay or lesbian content isn't a large focus of the game.

Setting the tags aside, I think you've got a great demo here! The story grabs you immediately by skipping unnecessary exposition, the art is great (love the little animations) and Sebastian is surprisingly likable for a man who just kidnapped you. Overall, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out, if and when you decide to update!

Kodi

Jun 30, 2017
I really liked Boyfriend to Death and I think this pays tribute to that nicely. Dialogue and character designs are great. Stalker guy and David's designs are cute. Just ignore the str8 dudes demanding you make the game for them. There's no shortage of male protag str8 games so they'll be fine.

Only thing that confused me was the quivering pussy/throbbing cock option. I wasn't sure if that chooses the main protag's temperament, pronouns, or genitals lol. I'm sorry to hear you regret uploading it. I think it's great and as long as you're having fun with it, then that's all that matters. I don't know anything about coding or making games but I'm impressed if this is your first attempt. You definitely have something here.

Last edited:

BondageBunny

Love Lock
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2020
Now I understand, this is a game that gears towards female audience, which at times align with gay audience, and I'm grateful you put in male MC as an option, as I would otherwise not know this gem since I only watch "gay" tag.
You just creating this game for you own enjoyment and share it with similar liking souls. Then you don't at all need to please all audience, and the demo works fine in that regard.
Just ignore those demanding or complaining about your game contents. Heck they even complain gay games being "gay" in gay game threads. And pay no mind to those negative feedbacks.
You can tell people (obviously including me who is not even your targeted audience) are liking your game, by the amount of posts made by such short time.
Awww thank you!!! You're right I never looked at it that way, I guess it is well liked and I'm really glad you liked it and reached out to comment. It's interesting about the complaints about gay games being gay:unsure:, really puts things in perspective for me though.

BondageBunny

Love Lock
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2020
Please do not abandon this project, specially if it helps you with your state of mind. Do the content YOU want, not anyone else, and I also urge you to get the developer tag and take control of this thread by contacting the mods.

The concept of this game is intriguing, and I'm also thankful there is some gay content, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here on the first place. I'm curious how a woman can write m-m content, so I'll be watching this game closely.
"I'm curious how a woman can write m-m content,"
Oh I have HAD to ask questions that's for sure lmfao The people in my circle thankfully were ok with describing different things lmao. But I used to be into a lot of BoyxBoy manga as a teenager so I know a feeeeeew things :p

Still waiting for the tag just to let you know, I have talked to the mods though.

BondageBunny

Love Lock
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2020
It's looking pretty good. I'm more of a femdom guy so I'm waiting for that content, but the maledom stuff already in the demo is great too. I'll repeat what the others say and tell you to mostly ignore the naysayers because every single game in this forum has inexplicably angry people hating on it, especially the ones linked to BDSM and potentially gay stuff.

That said, the "voice" slider in the settings doesn't appear to work, instead the voice seems to be linked to the sound setting. Also, not sure if it's intentional, but in the files a few non-implemented scenes and the doms can be seen. They're well done and all but maybe you want to remove the "spoilers" or something, idk, your choice.
Your not suppose to be looking in there tsk tsk tsk lolololol yea..... The initial situation is that you are playing a leak I wasn't able to pull off the net fast enough to fix. I guess you can see what's to come and... sadly the spoiler is out if you saw who was under the mask... Hopfully everyone forgets by the time I finish it :cry:

As for the voice slider, I didn't use "play voice (audio/etc.mp3)" I made my own channel that might be why it's linked to sound effects. hmmm going to have to look into that as I can see why that's an issue now. Thanks for telling me!!

BondageBunny

Love Lock
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2020
I really liked Boyfriend to Death and I think this pays tribute to that nicely. Dialogue and character designs are great. Stalker guy and David's designs are cute. Just ignore the str8 dudes demanding you make the game for them. There's no shortage of male protag str8 games so they'll be fine.

Only thing that confused me was the quivering pussy/throbbing cock option. I wasn't sure if that chooses the main protag's temperament, pronouns, or genitals lol. I'm sorry to hear you regret uploading it. I think it's great and as long as you're having fun with it, then that's all that matters. I don't know anything about coding or making games but I'm impressed if this is your first attempt. You definitely have something here.
Just the genitals. It won't change your temperament. My friend who play tests for me is trans and loves my game to the point that she wanted to be able to play an even truer version of herself. We talked about trans and how I could implement it and this was the result.
As for temperament, I don't know if I would call it that, but in game is where stats like that start to change around based on choices.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
From one dev to another, my advice is this:

Look for the complaint within the complaint. Often times the angry annoying people are easy to dismiss as not having real feedback because they are assholes and thus fuck them. But, at the same time, you shouldn't fall into the trap of bending over backwards to please needlessly negative people who will probably not even pay you any money for your hard work.

It's striking a balance where the questions are:
1. What segment of the game are people complaining about?
2. Is the segment in quest flawed?
3. If so, what flaw (that the complainer might not have realized) is the true source of the complaint?
4. If the segment does not have a clear flaw, are people mad about a segment because it is doing what it designed to do?
5. How good is the game doing at setting expectations? Are players expecting one thing and getting another because of a problem with telegraphing?

If the answer to all of those questions is no, then you can safely mentally or otherwise tell the hater to go fuck themselves.

Reactions: IvoryOwl

BondageBunny

Love Lock
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2020
From one dev to another, my advice is this:

Look for the complaint within the complaint. Often times the angry annoying people are easy to dismiss as not having real feedback because they are assholes and thus fuck them. But, at the same time, you shouldn't fall into the trap of bending over backwards to please needlessly negative people who will probably not even pay you any money for your hard work.

It's striking a balance where the questions are:
1. What segment of the game are people complaining about?
2. Is the segment in quest flawed?
3. If so, what flaw (that the complainer might not have realized) is the true source of the complaint?
4. If the segment does not have a clear flaw, are people mad about a segment because it is doing what it designed to do?
5. How good is the game doing at setting expectations? Are players expecting one thing and getting another because of a problem with telegraphing?

If the answer to all of those questions is no, then you can safely mentally or otherwise tell the hater to go fuck themselves.
Thank you!! I'm going to save this somewhere and look back to it next time :) this was very helpful!!!

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Just the genitals. It won't change your temperament. My friend who play tests for me is trans and loves my game to the point that she wanted to be able to play an even truer version of herself. We talked about trans and how I could implement it and this was the result.
As for temperament, I don't know if I would call it that, but in game is where stats like that start to change around based on choices.
A Trans character? Sounds minted, your decision if you put her in but I for one would love to see that.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
It's easy as a developer to forget that players are often really fucking terrible game designers. Not all of them, of course. But, often times bad feedback is actually a process of a player's brain being like "I don't like this bit" and them failing to put into words what they dislike. This can be muddled in the frequently antagonistic and sometimes entitled way that players can interact with developers. It makes it hard to get the real feedback...but not impossible. Just takes a good eye.

A good descriptor to use is "Pain Points". What pain points did players run into playing the game? The more frequently a pain point is cited, the more often it's a critical pain point, or else critical to the specific audience doing the communicating.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
It's easy as a developer to forget that players are often really fucking terrible game designers. Not all of them, of course. But, often times bad feedback is actually a process of a player's brain being like "I don't like this bit" and them failing to put into words what they dislike. This can be muddled in the frequently antagonistic and sometimes entitled way that players can interact with developers. It makes it hard to get the real feedback...but not impossible. Just takes a good eye.

A good descriptor to use is "Pain Points". What pain points did players run into playing the game? The more frequently a pain point is cited, the more often it's a critical pain point, or else critical to the specific audience doing the communicating.
I feel you. The worst is when there is feedback that is impossible to fix for them, or would require a mountain of work to put it that way.

Example: "Uh... It's got a female main character. Pass"

What's a developers options here?

Option 1: Rebuild the game and every render and allow for a male character at the start as well. Redoing thousands of renders adding tons of additional story making a whole 2nd game on top of the first game...

Option 2: Shrug your shoulders

• Red Heart
Reactions: VKKV and Shoopster
Mar 28, 2017
Oh I'm very glad to see an outflowing of support for this dev.

Most of the time I only get peeved off when something *feels* unfinished. An example I can come up with off the top of my head is the player-submission mechanic in Slave-Maker.

Like its not really supposed to be there or something? Its a nice little extra thing to go through but it leads to nowhere as far as I can see. I can't tell if its finished or not but it feels like it was supposed to go somewhere and was dropped.

Not to say that Slave-Maker is worse off for it, I ploughed through hours of that game multiple times because its core is solid.
But if it were me I would have tore that section out for being out of place.

God I really need to learn to code and draw. I'd love to make my own game but my life is in flux and I don't want to stick my nose in the text books right now.

• Angry
Reactions: Gigalomaniac

Ikarius

Game Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Love Lock [v1.0] [BondageBunny] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 571.03 MB
Original MAC Size: 533.31 MB

Compressed PC Size: 135.7 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 98.6 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
What's the difference bteween LoveLockDEMO-32 and LoveLockDEMO files? Is the latter for windows 64 bit ?

BondageBunny

Love Lock
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2020
What's the difference bteween LoveLockDEMO-32 and LoveLockDEMO files? Is the latter for windows 64 bit ?
As far as I know, nothing. Ren'py updated and the builds come out this way. Might be something that is going to be fixed in the future I don't know. I don't follow it closely I just update. Both versions should work, they worked for me.

idungoofd

Feb 7, 2019
Psycho Killer song by Talking Heads was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the gameplay graphics. :eek:

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes