RPGM Partial Love Love! My Buddy: X [v1.030b - Translation Patch 5] [Megrim]

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
I can confirm that with llmbx1004a_partial_asdasfa_4.7z Lucia's cut-ins do not show. They show in the unpatched game.
Yeah, it's affecting the cut-ins.
Looks like I'm gonna have to look deeper into how the cut-ins were implemented.
I'll be looking into it but it might take a while, unless someone with more RM knowledge shows up and just tell me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hakkira

Dybbuk

Feb 19, 2019
More than happy to wait, and Kudos for working on this game that quite a few people were asking over the years (LLMB at least)
I am quite surprised that the partial was uploaded here and not into ULMF, where the translation community is normally posting. Trasnlated games find their way to here normally, and not the other way around...
You are more likely finding a person with translation knowledge of RPGMaker games there , I believe...

Last edited:

Dybbuk

Feb 19, 2019
so even with the pre patched version its not fully translated?
Nope, like the title of the post indicates, it is a partial. You will need some other translation programs to understand the dialogues, but the menus and some dialogues and choices are translated

taksoe123

Feb 14, 2019
Nope, like the title of the post indicates, it is a partial. You will need some other translation programs to understand the dialogues, but the menus and some dialogues and choices are translated
Thank you, sorry must have missed the partial notice

Hakkira

Donor
Jul 15, 2017
Updated the v1004a partial.
- Hopefully fixed passive skills and player battle cut-ins not working.
- Fixed some item names. e.g. Pest Wing and Pest Beak,
no translator would translate these properly, had to look up each character.
- Translated the farming dialogues.
- Tweaked the status screen's stat names to be shorter.
- Tweaked some Feng Shui (furniture bonuses) names.
- Some dialogue choices that I missed.
- I also translated just a bit of sex dialogue for some minor characters.
- And a bunch of other corrections and tweaks that I can't remember.

- Added Docs.txt in the modified_scripts folder.
This file gives a short description of each script and summarizes the changes in each.
- Updated the translation notes.
View attachment 484183 View attachment 484184
Download: (anonfile)

Also, anyone of you knows what "披荊斬棘" and "斉紫敗素" translates to?
I can't seem to find a proper translation.
Thanks for working on translating this game :) Any new patches by any chance:love:? Is it possible to MTL the story text for now so there can be a vague understanding of what is going on in dialogue? Whatever the answer thanks again for being a true hero (y);)

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
Thanks for working on translating this game :) Any new patches by any chance:love:? Is it possible to MTL the story text for now so there can be a vague understanding of what is going on in dialogue? Whatever the answer thanks again for being a true hero (y);)
I plan on trying to fix some battle cut-ins not appearing and I'll probably do a bunch of the heroines' sex scenes next, but I still haven't gotten to it since I'm still migrating files and installing stuff on a new computer.

Doing an automated machine translation will give awful results, like text going off screen and other erroneous stuff.
This partial + + combo will give better understanding of the game than an MTL.
And I probably won't ever get to translating the story myself since there's like more than 10,000 dialogues in the game.
Also, I still haven't played through the game yet (well, I've played through the old version) and I don't want to spoil the entire game for myself more than I already have making this partial.

I'm fine with translating the sex scenes since they barely touches the story and it makes those scenes more enjoyable for those who don't understand Japanese. Also, sex dialogues are mostly interjections and incomprehensible words that can't be properly machine translated.

kuzno12

Jul 3, 2017
I'm fine with translating the sex scenes since they barely touches the story and it makes those scenes more enjoyable for those who don't understand Japanese. Also, sex dialogues are mostly interjections and incomprehensible words that can't be properly machine translated.
If you need help, PM me some texts any time and i'll try and translate as much as i can.

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
If you need help, PM me some texts any time and i'll try and translate as much as i can.
Hey, that would be cool.
If you can set up and get comfortable with Translator++, that would make things a lot easier.
There are some instructions included inside the partial's folder.
You can make your own column in Translator++ and start translating and once you're done with your part, I could just include it into the next updates.
Tell me how it goes if you're up for it.

Also, I'm still looking for the meaning of "披荊斬棘" and "斉紫敗素".

Deleted member 435

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Modder
Donor
Aug 6, 2016
Hey, that would be cool.
If you can set up and get comfortable with Translator++, that would make things a lot easier.
There are some instructions included inside the partial's folder.
You can make your own column in Translator++ and start translating and once you're done with your part, I could just include it into the next updates.
Tell me how it goes if you're up for it.

Also, I'm still looking for the meaning of "披荊斬棘" and "斉紫敗素".
Hey did you update your original post of your patch? I could update the thread to include the latest raw version and then your patch if you want. Also if possible, doing the settings TL (for options that can be turned off and on) would be a big plus and would take very little time I think.

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
Hey did you update your original post of your patch? I could update the thread to include the latest raw version and then your patch if you want. Also if possible, doing the settings TL (for options that can be turned off and on) would be a big plus and would take very little time I think.
Yeah, I'll keep updating the original post to match the latest patch.
Also, you might wanna take down the pre-applied patch download, if I remember correctly, that one still has the borked passive skills, I think?
Maybe just link or mirror to the latest patch at the moment until I can put up an updated version.

Well, the latest patch update still has some broken cut-ins.
Good news is I figured out what's causing the broken cut-ins which surprisingly took no time at all.
Problem is the solution will make migration to newer versions more time-consuming, but I'll be documenting each change to ease up the process.
It's a script that uses comments to reference skill names. And since Translator++ doesn't touch comments, they all need to be edited manually for every update. I wish there's a patcher for this.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
hey guys i have free time atm really so if there is a way i can Translate the full game just tell me how and maybe i can do it

Hakkira

Donor
Jul 15, 2017
I plan on trying to fix some battle cut-ins not appearing and I'll probably do a bunch of the heroines' sex scenes next, but I still haven't gotten to it since I'm still migrating files and installing stuff on a new computer.

Doing an automated machine translation will give awful results, like text going off screen and other erroneous stuff.
This partial + + combo will give better understanding of the game than an MTL.
And I probably won't ever get to translating the story myself since there's like more than 10,000 dialogues in the game.
Also, I still haven't played through the game yet (well, I've played through the old version) and I don't want to spoil the entire game for myself more than I already have making this partial.

Thanks for the update and all the work you are currently doing (y):cool: Will take you up on your suggestion and use the combo though it is a shame that Visual Novel Reader kinda got shut down and doesn't receive updates as that was quite a good text extractor and translator all in one!

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
can anybody tell me if there is a possible way to Translate this game using any machine TR ? even if its huge i have time and decent PC so ?

kingmich

May 21, 2017
ok maybe im not understanding this right.
1st i downloaded the raw ver of LLMBX 1.05a
2nd i downloaded asdasfa9 patch and the RPG Maker All Decrypter
3rd i use RPG Maker All Decrypter to extrct the game files and put the english patch in
but.... it doesn't seem to do anything nothing translated like compare to the Pre-Applied Patch so i dont know if i screw up somehow or mess up some way if anyone can tell me that would help cause honstly i think im a bit confuse after looking at both the Pre-Applied Patch ver and the one i patch my self up.

Reactions: Nessiah

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
ok maybe im not understanding this right.
1st i downloaded the raw ver of LLMBX 1.05a
2nd i downloaded asdasfa9 patch and the RPG Maker All Decrypter
3rd i use RPG Maker All Decrypter to extrct the game files and put the english patch in
but.... it doesn't seem to do anything nothing translated like compare to the Pre-Applied Patch so i dont know if i screw up somehow or mess up some way if anyone can tell me that would help cause honstly i think im a bit confuse after looking at both the Pre-Applied Patch ver and the one i patch my self up.
1.05 is yet to be patched. We're still at 1.04a.
Once the files are extracted, delete or just rename the rgss file you extracted the files from.
Otherwise, the game will just read from that archive instead of the extracted folder.

I have to warn you that the latest partial still has some broken battle cut-ins, which will hopefully be fixed on the next update.
Although it's playable, you can always revert to raw if something breaks mid-game.

Reactions: kingmich

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
1.05 is yet to be patched. We're still at 1.04a.
Once the files are extracted, delete or just rename the rgss file you extracted the files from.
Otherwise, the game will just read from that archive instead of the extracted folder.

I have to warn you that the latest partial still has some broken battle cut-ins, which will hopefully be fixed on the next update.
Although it's playable, you can always revert to raw if something breaks mid-game.
hey there i just want to know if there is a way to fully TR this game with Translator++ ? or any other program

asdasfa9

Jul 2, 2018
hey there i just want to know if there is a way to fully TR this game with Translator++ ? or any other program
I don't think so. The game is script-heavy and a full machine TR will definitely break a lot of parts. I think someone tried doing that with the old version but it was pulled out since it broke the game.
Also, pure machine TR is terrible. You'll understand a lot less than with a text hooker.

4.90 star(s) 10 Votes