Ren'Py Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.61] [FlinPaltwell]

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

unravelghoul

Feb 29, 2020
Like pretty much all RenPy games they are in C:\Users\"Username"\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\"Game Name"
The names in the "" differ by user and game.

The only thing to look out for is that Love, Lust... is for me in a folder Test-14393204. And not like most of the other games, in a folder with their name.
I found it after creating a new save, and looking for the last modified folder.
Thanks for pointing out the file path, no longer crashing after deleting the folder.

As the above user said, check the folder they mentioned.

Lol, when I first made the game, I named it "Test" because I didn't want to raise any suspicions to my friends about the kinds of visual novels I was working on :ROFLMAO:
But apparently that folder carried over somehow. Bleh, oh well.
And then on my machine, inside the "Test" folder it's called "Highschool Rockstar" instead of LLRR, because that was the original name of the game. Dunno if that name somehow got out too.

Anyway, all that aside, you're telling me the game crashes when you so much as open it? Or when you go to start a new game? Deleting your save folder shouldn't be necessary, but let me know if that solves the problem.
It kept crashing when I tried to open the tutorial from the menu because I hadn't played for a while and didn't remember how the game worked.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Thanks for pointing out the file path, no longer crashing after deleting the folder.

It kept crashing when I tried to open the tutorial from the menu because I hadn't played for a while and didn't remember how the game worked.
OOOHHHHH, because the variable only gets set when you start a new game! Man, I overlooked that too.
For the record, the hotfix update 1.4.8 also solves this problem.

jefaulmann1

Mar 16, 2021
I. LOVE. THIS. GAME. Seriously. One of the best for me.

I have just one question. I was stupid and did not play the tutorial and now the game does not let me to play it (the tutorial). I now understand most of how te game works and usually get the scene i want. However I still dont understand what the Awareness variable means. Coud someone explain it to me.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021

I have just one question. I was stupid and did not play the tutorial and now the game does not let me to play it (the tutorial). I now understand most of how te game works and usually get the scene i want. However I still dont understand what the Awareness variable means. Coud someone explain it to me.
Hey, thanks for the kind words!
For the record, the tutorial only shows up once, but you can access it from the main menu. It's the second option right below "Start." The text is red, but it's still clickable.

But to answer your question, awareness is a multiplier of how much suspicion increases if you do sympathy or passion interactions right then.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

When it comes to awareness think about it like you are being watched. Not necessarily by your girlfriend but perhaps by someone who is like to spill the beans to her. If awareness is high, act accordingly in that particular action you take.

Reactions: FlinPaltwell
Sep 20, 2020
No nipples or genitalia
I can understand doing just vanilla sex scenes but I'm confused about why you don't want to include any nipples or genitalia. You said that the game cater to your own niche preferences - do you prefer not seeing the nipples/gentials? I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
I can understand doing just vanilla sex scenes but I'm confused about why you don't want to include any nipples or genitalia. You said that the game cater to your own niche preferences - do you prefer not seeing the nipples/gentials? I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious
To put it simply: There are exceptions, but yes. I prefer not to see either.
To be fair, nipples can be drawn in a way that I like. The same is true for genitals, though it's much more rare.

But in both cases, if drawn in a way I don't like, it's an absolute boner-killer. Whereas blank breasts and softcore depictions of sex don't bother me in the slightest. I wasn't confident enough in my ability to depict either one in a way I'd like, so I opted for the simpler path. I'm well aware that this is strange, but it is what it is; I greatly enjoy my work.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
For ver 1.4.7 Python.exe file is missing. Is there a fix for this?

Last edited:

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
For ver 1.4.7 Python.exe file is missing. Is there a fix for this?
Well, I'm pretty sure this means that Python isn't installed on your system, which would make it impossible for you to run any Ren'Py game.
Here's a link to the same Stackoverflow question:
Someone on there mentions that Avast actually quarantined python.exe, so that might be worth checking. The accepted answer has a link to where you can download and install Python.

Mar 30, 2019
save with high stats. Thought scenes woudn't appear if last choice was finesse, so choose red, green and the rest blue, so got time even to lower suspicion with Stella idk. Also if game would take that long time to make, could we at least get every previous commissions and new ones every month? It's nice if you get to choose which commission you get, but paying 20$ to see...

Reactions: FlinPaltwell

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Also if game would take that long time to make, could we at least get every previous commissions and new ones every month? It's nice if you get to choose which commission you get, but paying 20$ to see...
Are you asking if I'd make past commissions public in lieu of updates since my update cycle is so slow?
I might be misunderstanding, but just so it's clear, $20 means you do get to choose what you want me to make (there are rules, we hash it out, etc.).

Thing is, I do occasionally make past commissions freely available - by putting them into the game. The first-person cowgirl image of Julie was originally a commission, as was the one where Flin's holding up her legs and banging her.
There are some commissions that I intend to include in the game, but their time is not yet nigh. I've got Julie in a bikini and Kelly in a bikini, both past commissions, both waiting for when I finally get around to the inevitable beach scene...

Till then, I'd kinda rather keep them a surprise, though I'll admit I'm of a mixed mind on it.

But beyond that, you can join for $1 and take a look at every commission I've made for the past 4 months or so. At the behest of one of my $20 patrons, I've been holding a monthly commission poll, where everybody first votes on their favorite girl (Amy, Kelly, Julie, or Samantha), and then they vote on what scene they want with her. This month, I'm actually running 4 polls, one for each. Julie and Kelly are done, while Amy's is currently running and Samantha's is next.
All available in the $1 tier.

So if you want a monthly drip of content relating to the game (and pretty decent content in my humble opinion), that's your best bet. All the while, I'm still working on the next update. I've actually been quite productive these last few months! The sound update is drawing near...

Reactions: maankamara

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Version 1.5.0, "The Sound Update," Released!

At last.

Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll now has sound!!
Available on Itch:

MUSIC
Every scene in the game is now fleshed out with music! Nearly every song is split into separate tracks that layer in depending on the dynamics of the scene (so the music gets more intense as the scene gets more intense, etc.).

The standard background song "Underdrive" ties an instrument to each character. These instruments weave in and out depending on the order in which you meet or see characters in each chapter (which is randomized). This means different playthroughs can yield unique mixes you didn't hear before (for example, if Julie's main event happens to be the first one you experience in Chapter 2, then you'll get to hear just the acoustic guitar and piano together).

All music composed by yours truly.

SOUND
In addition to music, there are mattress sound effects and vocal sound effects (male and female). Each has its own volume slider. This has drastically changed every sex scene.

Beyond sound, a number of images have been revamped or added. Amy's second study scene is practically a new scene. Some lines have randomly been edited throughout the game.

A chunk of imagery has been further condensed to save space without sacrificing any quality.

Enjoy ~

jetama

Oct 28, 2020
Version 1.5.0, "The Sound Update," Released!

At last.

Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll now has sound!!
Available on Itch:

MUSIC
Every scene in the game is now fleshed out with music! Nearly every song is split into separate tracks that layer in depending on the dynamics of the scene (so the music gets more intense as the scene gets more intense, etc.).

The standard background song "Underdrive" ties an instrument to each character. These instruments weave in and out depending on the order in which you meet or see characters in each chapter (which is randomized). This means different playthroughs can yield unique mixes you didn't hear before (for example, if Julie's main event happens to be the first one you experience in Chapter 2, then you'll get to hear just the acoustic guitar and piano together).

All music composed by yours truly.

SOUND
In addition to music, there are mattress sound effects and vocal sound effects (male and female). Each has its own volume slider. This has drastically changed every sex scene.

Beyond sound, a number of images have been revamped or added. Amy's second study scene is practically a new scene. Some lines have randomly been edited throughout the game.

A chunk of imagery has been further condensed to save space without sacrificing any quality.

Enjoy ~
Omg I was literally thinking about replaying this game. Thank you!!!

AKADeadLord

Mar 9, 2018
Damn I used to love this game and it worked with joiplay doesn't seem to work anymore fuck 5/5 though

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Damn I used to love this game and it worked with joiplay doesn't seem to work anymore fuck 5/5 though
Hmm, is your device 32-bit? And does Joiplay normally work for Ren'py 8 games?
At some point along the way, I updated the game from Ren'py 7 to Ren'py 8, which switched from Python 2 to Python 3 and ceased support for 32-bit systems.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Is there any new content or only overhaul?
Overhaul.
Amy Study 5_A.png
Amy's second study scene has been notably updated with a string of new CG's, and the sex scene there got some updates too. Other scenes got some image revamps, but the study scene is the most significant one.

In terms of new content that continues the story, there's basically nothing. I added a little blurb at the end where each girl considers their relationship with you and clarifies what that'll mean as we move into the post-rock tour storyline.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes