Ren'Py Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.61] [FlinPaltwell]

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
There is some 2d games with good drawing and bad plot writing and gameplay.
And here is the one with good gameplay but (IMO) bad drawing.
Hope some good artist love this game and decide to cooperate with the developer to have a remaster version.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
There is some 2d games with good drawing and bad plot writing and gameplay.
And here is the one with good gameplay but (IMO) bad drawing.
Hope some good artist love this game and decide to cooperate with the developer to have a remaster version.
Yeah...I doubt that'll happen.
There is a TON of art in this game, not to mention animations, so re-doing all of it in high detail would be an insane chore. I would be extremely hesitant to work with someone else taking on that kind of workload and responsibility. And I'd have to like their art considerably more than mine.

Honestly, even then, I probably wouldn't do it...this is a solo project, and it's just cleaner to leave it as such.

Instead, my current plan is to try to finish this VN over the next year (or so), getting a lot more practice, at which point I'd like to take a bunch of time to revamp and improve the art style to make a new visual novel. I would likely carry over/augment all the systems and roguelike structure of this game in a brand new story, but I don't want to speculate or think about it too much right now. Still, something to look forward to!

Last edited:

BigDdave1999

Apr 30, 2020
Yeah...I doubt that'll happen.
There is a TON of art in this game, not to mention animations, so re-doing all of it in high detail would be an insane chore. I would be extremely hesitant to work with someone else taking on that kind of workload and responsibility. And I'd have to like their art considerably more than mine.

Honestly, even then, I probably wouldn't do it...this is a solo project, and it's just cleaner to leave it as such.

Instead, my current plan is to try to finish this VN over the next year (or so), getting a lot more practice, at which point I'd like to take a bunch of time to revamp and improve the art style to make a new visual novel. I would likely carry over/augment all the systems and roguelike structure of this game in a brand new story, but I don't want to speculate or think about it too much right now. Still, something to look forward to!
The art style is part of the charm, how many games do you play that has the same daz3D models in it? i say keep it as is.

Reactions: FlinPaltwell

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
The art style is part of the charm, how many games do you play that has the same daz3D models in it? i say keep it as is.
As someone who personally finds the Daz3D models to be rather uncanny and super overused, I appreciate you saying this! However, I feel my models also look uncanny in a different direction, particularly with head/facial structure. My goal is not to aim towards Daz3D, but rather to aim towards modern anime art styles.

Koikatsu, for example, is two steps in the right direction, but I don't quite love its style either (both in regards to kid-like facial structure (even on adults) and shaders). Azur Lane would be one example of an ideal style that I will fall woefully short of, though there are similar styles I would be just as happy to aim for.

I will keep it as-is for this project, and moving forward, I will remain within the realm of toon-shaded anime. But within that realm, I simply have to experiment, as to me, that's what it is to be an artist.

Last edited:

Lucian Light

Oct 10, 2017
Oi i played this recently and gotta say i was impressed haha really good job i didn't knew i was into softcore this much hell i didn't even knew that was a thing lmao :BootyTime:
But ye pretty good, dialogues are everything in the scenes, imma support u next month on patreon, good thing the new game+ (kinda) exist its easier to replay that way, also i wanted to ask how many more updates are you planning :unsure: i hope the game gets more and more content.

Anyway good work dev
Seriously i didn't knew softcore+cheating could be so hot :KEK:

• Red Heart

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Oi i played this recently and gotta say i was impressed haha really good job i didn't knew i was into softcore this much hell i didn't even knew that was a thing lmao :BootyTime:
But ye pretty good, dialogues are everything in the scenes, imma support u next month on patreon, good thing the new game+ (kinda) exist its easier to replay that way, also i wanted to ask how many more updates are you planning :unsure: i hope the game gets more and more content.

Anyway good work dev
Seriously i didn't knew softcore+cheating could be so hot :KEK:
Goodness, thank you so much!!

Current vague roadmap is basically something like this (maybe I should post something like this on my Patreon too lol):
  • Kelly "love scenes"
  • Julie "love scenes"
  • Stella "love scene" (much shorter)
  • 4-way choice for a little more love before tour ends (may or may not do this)
  • THE SOUND UPDATE <-- massive update that will add my custom music and some erotic vocal sounds to the game. Should approximately triple how fun the game is, but will be a pain in the ass to implement.
  • Band tour ends, game goes back to normal, except most new scenes are contingent on who's in love with you, though I mayprovide a "second chance" to get them to fall in love with you if you failed during the tour.
    • More custom scenes, including a group camping scene and a potential 1-on-1 camping trip with Julie.
  • Try to get each girl to a love score of like 100 or 1000 (need to implement a formula for this during sex, which might include a sex mini-game that works somewhat like the conversation mini-game)
  • Choose your ending based on who's got a high enough love stat (including one harem ending without Stella, and maybe one with)
That first one, the Kelly update, is currently in the works, and should be done around the start of next month. Then I'll take another month to do Julie's. In general, I'd like to try to hold to a monthly release schedule, but some might be faster or slower (sound update's gonna be a lot of work).

Oh, and I'm hoping to have all of this done in about a year.

Lucian Light

Oct 10, 2017
(maybe I should post something like this on my Patreon too lol):
I think you definitely should xD

I did see the love stat but I think only in the tour, it's random how you get the points or is it based on how many scenes did you have with that character?

(need to implement a formula for this during sex, which might include a sex mini-game that works somewhat like the conversation mini-game)
Noooo xD i think h scenes should be left as a reward after getting the girl if there's any other way to do it IMO it would be better but up to you.

Can't wait to see all this!.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
I did see the love stat but I think only in the tour, it's random how you get the points or is it based on how many scenes did you have with that character?
You see the love stat right off the bat, but it just starts at 0. Currently, you gain 10 love every time you have sex, but I'm going to change how that works.

Noooo xD i think h scenes should be left as a reward after getting the girl if there's any other way to do it IMO it would be better but up to you.
Believe me, I like scripted sex scenes, and I don't want to mess with that too much. I'll elaborate, as there are three ideas I'm thinking:

1. After sex, love increases based on your sympathy and passion stats, rather than a flat +10. Guilt might play a role as well. This would all be invisible and under-the-hood, so nothing would change about the scenes.
2. At a couple key moments during a scripted sex sequence, it asks if you want to spend a card to make that moment a little more awesome, and get more love at the end as a result. I think this could be awesome, though I do like sex scenes requiring no input and this would break that.
3. If I implemented a sex mini-game, it wouldn't be in place of the scripted sequences. Instead, it would be in place of the conversation mini-games in the late-game:
Random choice > pick Julie > "I wonder what Julie's up to? Oh, nobody else is here and we're in love..." > instead of talking, the two of you bang, but it follows a randomized mini-game format that still lets you gain and spend cards.

I am likely to implement 1 and 3. I may implement all of them, but 2 is the only one that would have a visual impact on scripted scenes.

Reactions: Lucian Light

Lucian Light

Oct 10, 2017
You see the love stat right off the bat, but it just starts at 0. Currently, you gain 10 love every time you have sex, but I'm going to change how that works.

Believe me, I like scripted sex scenes, and I don't want to mess with that too much. I'll elaborate, as there are three ideas I'm thinking:

1. After sex, love increases based on your sympathy and passion stats, rather than a flat +10. Guilt might play a role as well. This would all be invisible and under-the-hood, so nothing would change about the scenes.
2. At a couple key moments during a scripted sex sequence, it asks if you want to spend a card to make that moment a little more awesome, and get more love at the end as a result. I think this could be awesome, though I do like sex scenes requiring no input and this would break that.
3. If I implemented a sex mini-game, it wouldn't be in place of the scripted sequences. Instead, it would be in place of the conversation mini-games in the late-game:
Random choice > pick Julie > "I wonder what Julie's up to? Oh, nobody else is here and we're in love..." > instead of talking, the two of you bang, but it follows a randomized mini-game format that still lets you gain and spend cards.

I am likely to implement 1 and 3. I may implement all of them, but 2 is the only one that would have a visual impact on scripted scenes.
Welp however it's done i can't wait to see it, all 3 options don't sound bad and makes it more interactive indeed.

Toweke

Oct 27, 2017
After playing this again with the new updated version, I've gotta say I agree with some of those old comments I saw... the randomization is really super frustrating and I think as a system just doesn't work. There's a lot of good dialog and situations set up, but then you just get screwed for no reason... I can't even figure out if it's because of the stats system or even how that effects things either. I pretty much just maxed out lust for every girl I could - and even though they act like they're horny and want to bang, and repeatedly get into the perfect situations it then just... doesn't happen. Like, "Hey we're alone in the basement and I really like you and *waiting for them to kiss* it's late so I better go home now!" > over and over again with every girl, for no reason.

It would be better if the stats were clearer... like what's the point of the like score? And if you had any kind of control over whether you got to start a sex scene or not. Maybe make the cards play more of a role there... I saw that they factored in on some dates.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
After playing this again with the new updated version, I've gotta say I agree with some of those old comments I saw... the randomization is really super frustrating and I think as a system just doesn't work. There's a lot of good dialog and situations set up, but then you just get screwed for no reason... I can't even figure out if it's because of the stats system or even how that effects things either. I pretty much just maxed out lust for every girl I could - and even though they act like they're horny and want to bang, and repeatedly get into the perfect situations it then just... doesn't happen. Like, "Hey we're alone in the basement and I really like you and *waiting for them to kiss* it's late so I better go home now!" > over and over again with every girl, for no reason.

It would be better if the stats were clearer... like what's the point of the like score? And if you had any kind of control over whether you got to start a sex scene or not. Maybe make the cards play more of a role there... I saw that they factored in on some dates.
Hey, thanks for trying it out again! And thanks for the input!

Yes, there is a severe lack of transparency in how everything works. I think there are too many complicated things going on under the hood to be worth bogging down text telling you about all of them, which is why I tried to keep all that isolated to the tutorial (which I highly recommend). Hmm, I should probably give a little 1-time warning at the start about the tutorial, like I do for calibration.
The tutorial will tell you that the like stat is just as important as the lust stat. The lower of the two is what's used to determine your odds for sex, until Amy's final sex scenes in the current version, at which point you just need both to add up to 100 (which is how it'll work for Kelly and Julie as well once I implement those scenes).

I'm sorry it was frustrating for you, but those early comments didn't have ascension mode, which was my answer to those complaints. Did you try it? You have to clear the full game (without losing) and start a new game for it to ask you, but doing that essentially lets you bypass the luck factor after two or three playthroughs (though you still need to care about doing band and academics. Try to shoot for 3 on each minimum).

The tutorial and ascension mode: Try them, then get fucked(y)

Toweke

Oct 27, 2017
The tutorial and ascension mode: Try them, then get fucked(y)
Yeah I didn't know about that, I will try that next time, sounds good. I will say I made my comment earlier right before the band hit the road. It felt like after that I had a lot better chances of sleeping with all the women on the road trip. It was just early on where nothing seemed to happen. And honestly I do really like this game - the graphics aren't stellar at first but they kind of grow on you, and the sex scenes are done pretty well.

• Red Heart

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Concert Band 1.jpg
Version 1.3.7 (or for f95, 0.3.7) Released! "The Kelly Update!"

Added the next significant chapter of story, revolving heavily around Kelly. Includes a bunch of new imagery.

Adjusted the text and text boxes to (hopefully) look nicer and make underlying imagery more visible without making it too difficult to read.

Next update will round out the trifecta of illicit fuckage by focusing on Julie! However, given how long this update ended up taking, it'll probably be longer than a month till then :(
But it will be sick :)

As always, you can find the new update

Last edited:

Hovis1974

Apr 13, 2019
FlinPaltwell

I really like the fact that you stay engaged with the posters here. You've responded to nearly everyone and while you tell them that you made the game how you want, you've also listened to their feedback and at least entertained their opinions. That's a sign of a good developer, Kudos to you, sir

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
You should add doggystyle position, the 3 same positions repeating for each girl gets stale.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
This is getting very vanilla considering it's a game full of cheating relationships. I mean I get that the game tries to show there is more to those than just horny one night stands. But constant love-bomb spam from a MC who's fucking his GF's mom, sister and best friend is kinda too much.

I was hoping that focusing on red would establish those flings as more based on strong sexual chemistry than professing undying love to everyone... Seems it's not the case.

Reactions: Sirren
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes