Ren'Py Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.61] [FlinPaltwell]

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

beegemgeege

May 10, 2017
I know. I'm stuck in a tough spot here. The initial alpha was released as version 1.0 because I didn't know about f95zone or its version conventions (I'm not the one who initially posted it here). I don't want people downloading it on Itch to have to go from version 1.1.0 to version 0.3, but I know if I state it as such here then people feel misled because it's far from finished.

You think I should just bite the bullet and downgrade the version name for everyone? It's probably not as big a deal as I'm making it out to be.
Nah, you're already in it now. Changing it would just cause confusion, and people are so easily confused these days lmao. Just keep on keeping on and when you get to the finished product, name the last version final.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FlinPaltwell

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
I love this game, I'm on my third run but didn't find any new scenes. Done everything with Stella which was fairly easy.
Can't find 1 scene with Amy (see below)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Kelly is hard one to find scenes (see below)
Finally some scenes I couldn't find as well with Julie (see below)

Any hints someone could share with me please?

• Red Heart

beegemgeege

May 10, 2017
I love this game, I'm on my third run but didn't find any new scenes. Done everything with Stella which was fairly easy.
Can't find 1 scene with Amy (see below)
Kelly is hard one to find scenes (see below)
Finally some scenes I couldn't find as well with Julie (see below)

There really are none. This is due to the controversial RNG employed in the game. Even with your ascension playthroughs guaranteeing you'll have the stats to get the scene, its still based on a probability. My recommendation, seeing as I'm pretty sure the coin flip comes right after the talking phase, is to save just before and go through it a few times before the scene commences. Other than that, as long as the suspicion is low, you should be fine.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
I love this game, I'm on my third run but didn't find any new scenes.

Aww, I'm so glad!!
I could give you a couple hints.

Each non-Stella waifu has 5 sex scenes currently, and they all follow the same format: One in Chapter 2, two in Chapter 3, one in Chapter 4, and one in the car in Chapter 5. There is some overlap in imagery between some of these scenes.

Those missing Amy scenes are in Amy's first scene in Chapter 2, where she studies with you. You need an Academics stat of 1 or 2 (I think it's 1) to pass her check ("What the heck, you already know most this stuff!" < seeing this line means you're in the clear).
Then yeah, you'll have to pass a lust check. Always try to raise "like" if it's lower than lust, and vice-versa. And lower guilt.

I think you're missing two or even three Kelly scenes. One you're definitely missing is the "cabin in the woods" sex scene. You'll need a Band stat of 2, to reach the lust check. Another is the second band gig, if you choose to specifically hang out with Kelly (each girl has a potential sex scene there). No stat checks there, but always a lust check.

Similarly, you're missing Julie's scene from that same second band gig (should be in Chapter 3).

And I'm pretty sure that's it! But there are a few fucked-up gaps to fill in. See below.

Anyone has a full save with full gallery ?
Good luck, lol. True to form, I continue to be a pain in the ass for completionists (not on purpose, mind). For example, there's like one Julie image that can only be seen by a pure 1-in-7 chance during one of her sex scenes only, and the game does nothing to hint that at you.
In my defense, some images are rare because I just don't like them that much anymore, but still kinda like them, so my solution is to make them unlikely to be found. For example, these days I think Amy's and Kelly's first sex scenes in Chapter 2 kinda suck, but it's fine because they're almost impossible to get if you're not playing ascension or save-scumming.

I also did not rigorously test the gallery, so there may be some bugs. There are also some bonus images you'll unlock that don't actually happen in the game (like a nighttime variant of a given shot) if you unlock the normal version, but the parameters for those will likely change in the future.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lamoucheronn

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
Aww, I'm so glad!!
I could give you a couple hints.

Each non-Stella waifu has 5 sex scenes currently, and they all follow the same format: One in Chapter 2, two in Chapter 3, one in Chapter 4, and one in the car in Chapter 5. There is some overlap in imagery between some of these scenes.

Those missing Amy scenes are in Amy's first scene in Chapter 2, where she studies with you. You need an Academics stat of 1 or 2 (I think it's 1) to pass her check ("What the heck, you already know most this stuff!" < seeing this line means you're in the clear).
Then yeah, you'll have to pass a lust check. Always try to raise "like" if it's lower than lust, and vice-versa. And lower guilt.

I think you're missing two or even three Kelly scenes. One you're definitely missing is the "cabin in the woods" sex scene. You'll need a Band stat of 2, to reach the lust check. Another is the second band gig, if you choose to specifically hang out with Kelly (each girl has a potential sex scene there). No stat checks there, but always a lust check.

Similarly, you're missing Julie's scene from that same second band gig (should be in Chapter 3).

And I'm pretty sure that's it! But there are a few fucked-up gaps to fill in. See below.

Good luck, lol. True to form, I continue to be a pain in the ass for completionists (not on purpose, mind). For example, there's like one Julie image that can only be seen by a pure 1-in-7 chance during one of her sex scenes only, and the game does nothing to hint that at you.
In my defense, some images are rare because I just don't like them that much anymore, but still kinda like them, so my solution is to make them unlikely to be found. For example, these days I think Amy's and Kelly's first sex scenes in Chapter 2 kinda suck, but it's fine because they're almost impossible to get if you're not playing ascension or save-scumming.

I also did not rigorously test the gallery, so there may be some bugs. There are also some bonus images you'll unlock that don't actually happen in the game (like a nighttime variant of a given shot) if you unlock the normal version, but the parameters for those will likely change in the future.
Thank you for answering and your help!
Got them all now except 2 scenes from Kelly and 1 from Julie (see below)

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Thank you for answering and your help!
Got them all now except 2 scenes from Kelly and 1 from Julie (see below)
Sure thing! Thank you for showing such enthusiasm, even if I spite completionists constantly with my game's design!

I forget where I put that first Kelly shot, the one with her in a bra (fun fact, that was the first image I ever made for the entire game, a few years ago now. It's one of the only ones from that era I haven't deleted). I think it's either the "on the couch" scene or her very first scene in Chapter 2.

I'm surprised you don't have that Julie one...shit, there's a bug with that one because that sequence is pseudo-animated (swaps between 3 images randomly, constantly). Thanks for revealing that! You definitely have seen that one, at least the daytime version.

Lol, I know how to get that second Kelly shot where they're kissing. It takes both literal and in-game finesse, as well as some luck.
It's during the "cabin in the woods" scene. Your suspicion needs to be above 0 so there's a chance Eric and Stella show up early and put you in danger of being caught. But then your Finesse stat needs to save you from actually being caught. So there are two random rolls there (unless your suspicion is high enough to guarantee the first one); you'd wanna save a bit before Kelly climaxes if you're gonna save-scum it.

EDIT: That Kelly image is sorta bugged too. What I said above still stands, but you should already have the nighttime version unlocked. Instead, you unlock both when you unlock the daytime version. Thanks for revealing that too!

Also, not that I wanna burst your bubble, but I BET if you actually click on each image and go through the related images, you'll find a few gaps. The thumbnail colors in if you happen to find at least one of the images stored under it, but there can still be hidden variants. But also, we now know there's bugs. May not be worth searching too hard, if you've seen every scene.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Lamoucheronn

BulletPete

May 5, 2017
Absolutely love how this games set up!

By the way, if youre afraid of ascension mode (which i love the idea) crashes the game, you can easily cap it at an high value. Better then to ruin some poor fools save.

• Red Heart

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Absolutely love how this games set up!

By the way, if youre afraid of ascension mode (which i love the idea) crashes the game, you can easily cap it at an high value. Better then to ruin some poor fools save.
Totally, but I guess I was morbidly curious to see what'd happen without a cap :ROFLMAO:. I think what'd actually happen is you'd start seeing a little pause after each choice, that'd get longer and longer. But I'll do some testing and figure out where things get fucky, and likely add a cap to the next big patch.
Thanks!!

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Or, or or or, I'll do one better!
I tested the code and started to notice a little lag around the 6th playthrough, with stats reaching around 200 - 300k.
So rather than cap it there, I decided to see if I could optimize my code at all.

Suffice to say, I was a fucking dumbass, and I've now refactored the code to be so much better that I honestly have no idea how high would be too high anymore. If I understand correctly, it could easily handle billions, trillions, quadrillions (all untested, but I'm PRETTY SURE). Would likely be fine for 100+ playthroughs, maybe way more. So I'm just gonna go ahead and leave it at that.
Since it's a minor update, I'm not gonna bother reporting it here. You can get it (version 1.2.1) if you care, but all I did was fix the aforementioned gallery bugs, improve this shit, and add a little shaking to Kelly's car sex cause her version was feeling left out.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Version 1.3.4 (in f95 terms, 0.3.4) is here!! Or as I like to call it, "The Amy Update!"
Screenshot 7.PNG

This update adds a large chunk of Amy-specific story, including the game's first official guarantee-able sex scene. This is because the story is now reaching a turning point, where the first "canon" sexcursions are meant to take place, so if you avoid sex with Amy all the way up to this point, you'll get moderately different dialogue for a while.

Note, the sex scene is only guaranteed if you can get Amy to like or lust for you enough. It's not that hard, though.

If Amy isn't your favorite, all I can say is that this new stuff...is her best content by far.

New version is available

Also, I haven't really brought it up here yet, but I did this super unique thing where I started up a ! If you would like to accelerate this project, show your general support, or see constant (fucking hot) updates on what I'm doing, I'd be way humbled to see you there!

The next update will focus on Kelly, and the one after that will be Julie.

Oh, and you should always start a new game in order to see the new content. Due to the structure of the game, events are initialized at the beginning.

Have fun!

Last edited:

kaneeden

May 10, 2019
Because I absolutely love softcore! :love:
I am serious, but I acknowledge that my tastes are (apparently) strange.
pervert.
On another note do you plan to bring in one or two background images/ locations for the normal conversations?
I know my tastes are (apparently) strange but I really like to flirt in places other than limbo.

• Haha

flowication

Nov 15, 2020
Great game I love how its not cheating with blackmail or things like that just pure lust. The dialogue with Amy and Kelly is great, at first I didn't think i would like Kelly because I like the I seduce my gf sister and mother type of games more but the Kelly scene are so full of passion i like them so much. Also chapter 6 with Amy is amazing I can't wait for similar chapter with Kelly and Julie.
Keep on the great work

wraith17

May 28, 2017
Ok I had 0 expectations when I first saw the banner on updates but decided to give it a try anyway. But guess what I was wrong. The game felt fresh and really good. The sexual moments are well written and fleshed out. Great work. Those who are thinking the game is not that good while looking at the banner are gonna be sorely disappointed. Its really good. The best thing is if you play your cards right you can be Chad Thundercock and get on with all the girls. Another great thing is no shitty netorare in this game. Keep it up. Loving your game dev. ^^

• Red Heart

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
On another note do you plan to bring in one or two background images/ locations for the normal conversations?
I know my tastes are (apparently) strange but I really like to flirt in places other than limbo.
I'm gonna be honest with you - I remain undecided on that. There are a lot of images in this game that are simply always going to have black backgrounds because replacing 100% of it is just too much work for too little payoff. So, I have to consider how much more jarring the remaining black-background images will be if I fix all the random ones.

I also feel as though, in an odd way...they kind of fit because they are an abstraction that your imagination can fill, much like the mini-game conversations and softcore content.
The best I can say for now is that it's low priority for me, although one thing I've been thinking about doing soon is replacing the "3 random event" choice with a map that lets you pick from 3 randomly available spots (identical result, different execution).

Reactions: kaneeden
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes