Ren'Py Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll [v1.61] [FlinPaltwell]

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Most people would totally agree with both of you, and I can honestly say I wish I felt the same. But...

You should add doggystyle position, the 3 same positions repeating for each girl gets stale.
I prefer front-to-front positions by a huge margin compared to anything else. Despite that, I still had planned to make a doggy-style shot for the latest Kelly sequence...but I fell too far behind schedule, and felt that one image in that position would require a few more to go with it, and I was putting too much effort into her sequence already. Priority tipped in favor of what I felt inspired to make instead.
For me, even just changing the context of the situation goes a long way to making a scene feel fresh.

This is getting very vanilla considering it's a game full of cheating relationships. I mean I get that the game tries to show there is more to those than just horny one night stands. But constant love-bomb spam from a MC who's fucking his GF's mom, sister and best friend is kinda too much.

I was hoping that focusing on red would establish those flings as more based on strong sexual chemistry than professing undying love to everyone... Seems it's not the case.
I had a feeling all the "I LOVE YOU's" would get tiresome for some. But vanilla cheating relationships have always been the goal with this work (and likely anything I'll do). The emotional connection is just as important to me as the physical one. Softcore vanilla cheating is extremely rare, but it's exactly what I'm looking for, and exactly why I'm making this.

Granted, there is more suspension of disbelief called for when you take it to the harem level, but what can I say? I still love it, lol.

I don't want to lead you on: the vanilla, loving aspect is going to continue to be a big focus moving forward. I'm sorry that this is a departure from what you were hoping for, and the same goes for anyone else who reads this that feels the same. Your opinion is valid, but mine is what will drive my motivation, at the end of the day.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Most people would totally agree with both of you, and I can honestly say I wish I felt the same. But...

I prefer front-to-front positions by a huge margin compared to anything else. Despite that, I still had planned to make a doggy-style shot for the latest Kelly sequence...but I fell too far behind schedule, and felt that one image in that position would require a few more to go with it, and I was putting too much effort into her sequence already. Priority tipped in favor of what I felt inspired to make instead.
For me, even just changing the context of the situation goes a long way to making a scene feel fresh.
Well, woman on top is quite close and emotional too.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Well, woman on top is quite close and emotional too.
I agree! When I say front-to-front, I'm referring to the 3 main ways you can do that: guy on top (missionary), lady on top (reverse missionary or cowgirl), and lotus (both upright). I use all these. But I don't tend to go beyond them, as I find other positions to feel much less intimate, and by extension, less arousing.

Reactions: CobraPL

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I downloaded the game but I don't know how to play it :LOL:
what should I do
I wanted to advance in the game but I don't know how to do anything
some walkthrough?

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
I downloaded the game but I don't know how to play it :LOL:
what should I do
I wanted to advance in the game but I don't know how to do anything
some walkthrough?
At the main menu, take a look at the Tutorial for a rundown on how to play. It's mostly straightforward once you understand a few of the dense mechanics.

slith333

Oct 22, 2017
This game came out of nowhere and shocked me with how much I enjoyed it. The taboo of the cheating mixed with the emotional connections between MC and the different girls was very exciting. The writing is great - I love how it circles back to how exciting it is to be betraying poor innocent Stella, who deserves none of this at all. This is very much a classic NTR story, but with gender swaps. It works for me super well because it's so different from the usual fare - not just in the twist on the genre, but in the unique art style and the MC actually developing emotional interests in others rather than just sexual, and his cheating not being just handwaved or ignored.

Anyways, great work, and I'm super happy to see an update.

rageju7618

Aug 16, 2020
I hav like played this over and over a lot of times...... can anyone help me on how to get this single one pic .... i hav unlocked all other gallery art for version 1.3.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
I hav like played this over and over a lot of times...... can anyone help me on how to get this single one pic .... i hav unlocked all other gallery art for version 1.3.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Oh.....fuck. I thought I'd fixed this, but I guess I forgot. That image isn't available anywhere in the game. I'm so sorry!

It's very surprising, because that exact image is actually (debatably) the first image I made for the game.
As far as I'm concerned, you earned it. I know this isn't the same as seeing that gray thumbnail go shiny, but here you go:
KS 6.png
(Fun fact #2, Flin and Kelly's shots originally had Flin with black hair, which is why some of the oldest shots still show that. I've gradually replaced them over time, but a few remain.)

rageju7618

Aug 16, 2020
Oh.....fuck. I thought I'd fixed this, but I guess I forgot. That image isn't available anywhere in the game. I'm so sorry!

It's very surprising, because that exact image is actually (debatably) the first image I made for the game.
As far as I'm concerned, you earned it. I know this isn't the same as seeing that gray thumbnail go shiny, but here you go:
View attachment 1187673
(Fun fact #2, Flin and Kelly's shots originally had Flin with black hair, which is why some of the oldest shots still show that. I've gradually replaced them over time, but a few remain.)
well thank you.... XD rip my ascension

• Sad
Reactions: FlinPaltwell

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
well thank you.... XD rip my ascension
There, before I could forget again, I went in and added that image to happen during the first possible Kelly sex scene. That'll go live in the next update, but that'll probably be at least a month from now.

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Jun 27, 2019
So...why is there a setup for the ingame fps for animated scenes, when the actual scenes are just still images, ffs?

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
So...why is there a setup for the ingame fps for animated scenes, when the actual scenes are just still images, ffs?
Not all the scenes have animations, but many do. Sometimes it's just a simple Ren'Py transform being done to a still image, which doesn't count, but there are several (basically 7, at time of writing) looping gifs such as the one used in calibration. Kelly has the most right now.

sinister_gaze

Jan 15, 2021
Do I need to start a new game to get new scenes with Kelly? I can't proceed with my last saves
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Game_script.rpy", line 139, in <module>
NameError: name 'Chapter7' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Game_script.rpyc", line 139, in script call
  File "utilities.rpyc", line 242, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1449, in execute
    args, kwargs = self.arguments.evaluate()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 191, in evaluate
    args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2249, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2242, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/Game_script.rpy", line 139, in <module>
NameError: name 'Chapter7' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Love, Lust, and Rock 'n Roll 1.3.7
Tue May 11 21:18:55 2021

FlinPaltwell

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2021
Do I need to start a new game to get new scenes with Kelly? I can't proceed with my last saves
Yes, I'm afraid due to the game's architecture, you'll need to start a new game pretty much every time I update. The events are all initialized at the start of the game, but events that don't exist yet haven't been initialized on your save. There isn't really a good fix for this without changing the inherent way the game works.

Edit: If it helps, you can hold down Ctrl to skip through text you've already read, which makes a new playthrough go by pretty quickly.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes