VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love Next Door [v0.2 - Part 1] [EroBro]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Ghost'Xo

Oct 24, 2020
It's a mother talking to a daughter whom she probably still sees as a child. That and calling her Piggy I think are being used to help establish how mom views the daughter as still being frozen in childhood even though the daughter has just started college. The fact that it's just been her and her daughter for the last decade and change might be reinforcing how the mom still sees the daughter as her "baby", and I'd wager that the absence of a father figure is going to at least in part drive how the relationships with and between the two neighbors develop.

The fact that mom is using the word tushie with her daughter doesn't mean she wouldn't say ass around other adults. The fact that it seems out of place to use the word with an 18 (ahem) year old might be a device on the author's part to help develop an understanding of the relationship between mom and daughter. There have already been one or two instances of the daughter pushing back a bit on mom treating her like a child - it's not too much of a stretch to see how the daughter wanting to be treated more like an adult could be something that helps drive the plot.
ss13.png
Oh really? The mothers name is Ethan is it?

Jun 30, 2020
View attachment 2231982
Oh really? The mothers name is Ethan is it?
Okay, so the word was used twice. Didn't notice it this time. The mom uses it in the apartment in a conversation with the daughter right after MC falls in her apartment, and that's the one I was referencing.

Don't know what to tell you in this instance. Maybe there's something in the drinking water in the apartment building that makes that the default term . . . but it does seem an odd word choice for the MC's internal thoughts, particularly if he's finding the girl sexually attractive.

Last edited:

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Spelling and Grammar niggles, YAY!

Only 2 I've found:
Renaming the MC nets you a dialogue fluff when Audrey says "Your neighbor Ethan" even if Ethan ain't your name.
Anna says "You will? ou can't just go after him" which should be "You will? you can't just go after him"

Exarioch

May 21, 2018
Somes references with " My Sweet Neighbours " with different scenario, I don't know how much this game will similar in the futur but I will say there a good start.

Waiting too see the next update before making a final opinion.

Rangina

Oct 15, 2019
I have seen some preview images that I couldnt reach (sex scenes), are them not available or am I picking wrong answers?

Jun 30, 2020
Just in case you're curious, there's a "current progress" section over on Discord that ought to save some time with questions about next update. FYI, the next installment looks to be in very early stages, so patience is the password of the day.

Reactions: EroBro

LeSmudge

Sep 5, 2016
Just in case you're curious, there's a "current progress" section over on Discord that ought to save some time with questions about next update. FYI, the next installment looks to be in very early stages, so patience is the password of the day.
Also on his patreon if you aren't on discord..

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Liking it so far, very obvious what was the inspiration for it, even going so far as basically mirroring some scenes.
But since "My Sweet Neighbors" has been abandoned for a long time, I just love for someone to go into the very same direction.

Here are two very minor things I didn't like quite as much.
When Sarah is at home after the incident with the three morons, both her friend and her daughter say/think she is dull.
I'm not sure if this is what you are actually trying to say. "Dull" is more like boring.
It's also not so great to repeat the same term twice for two completely different characters, alternatives could be "muted," simply "sad," "quiet," "pensive," "subdued" etc..

It's weird, they call him Mr."MCName". Either use his family name or forget about the mister.

Don't get me wrong, these aren't at all bad or important and would never be a real problem, but if you changed that, a good game would get just another smidge better.

EroBro

Developer of Love Next Door
Game Developer
Jun 20, 2017
When Sarah is at home after the incident with the three morons, both her friend and her daughter say/think she is dull.
I'm not sure if this is what you are actually trying to say. "Dull" is more like boring.
It's also not so great to repeat the same term twice for two completely different characters, alternatives could be "muted," simply "sad," "quiet," "pensive," "subdued" etc..
Understood, thank you!
It's weird, they call him Mr."MCName". Either use his family name or forget about the mister.
I just looked it up thanks again! =)

Reactions: botc76

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
Okay, so the word was used twice. Didn't notice it this time. The mom uses it in the apartment in a conversation with the daughter right after MC falls in her apartment, and that's the one I was referencing.
man you had this great essay about intrafamilial parent-child infantilization, deprivation of the masculine presence, and narrative language direction.

then Ethan happened :KEK: not knocking you, I thought it was great and well said, but I did laugh for about 5 minutes after that

benny7

Apr 22, 2019
Well i was pleasantly surprised when i saw this rise from the abandoned grave. Always loved the mother daughter models in this one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: EroBro
4.50 star(s) 10 Votes