VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love Next Door [v0.2 - Part 1] [EroBro]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
One scene with a side character. When you are at the bar and your phone rings, choose the option that ignores the call from work.
Agree with your characterisation that she's a side character (at least in the sense of, not the mother or the daughter) but want to add that I think she may or even likely will be a recurring one. Given it's hinted (if I'm remembering correctly?) that the mother + daughter are relatives of hers? So she's a side character but possibly one we'll see again !

Jun 30, 2020
Agree with your characterisation that she's a side character (at least in the sense of, not the mother or the daughter) but want to add that I think she may or even likely will be a recurring one. Given it's hinted (if I'm remembering correctly?) that the mother + daughter are relatives of hers? So she's a side character but possibly one we'll see again !
Yes, there's certainly a hint that there's a blood relationship there. I agree with you in that I think she will reappear at some point, but I suspect she's on the back burner for a while at least until mom, daughter, and Nina are fleshed out some as characters. Maybe she'll pop up again in 2024.

Reactions: drisarter
Jun 30, 2020
Anybody hear anything at all? I thought I was the guy with his fingers on the pulse, but I've got nothing. Starting to wonder whether all these "relaunch" developers are all the same guy pulling some elaborate Andy Kaufman-esque prank.

In all seriousness, he seems a cool dude who has a good vision and I'm hoping that it's just irl issues that have caused him to drop off everyone's radar.

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
Anybody hear anything at all? I thought I was the guy with his fingers on the pulse, but I've got nothing. Starting to wonder whether all these "relaunch" developers are all the same guy pulling some elaborate Andy Kaufman-esque prank.

In all seriousness, he seems a cool dude who has a good vision and I'm hoping that it's just irl issues that have caused him to drop off everyone's radar.
Are you (or is anyone else reading this) on the discord / if so is there any activity on there? I don't like the discord interface much so mostly avoid going on it (don't have it installed on anything and the web version is a hassle) so thought I'd ask. If you're unsure I'm tempted to go through the effort just to see if there's more recent activity there than here or patreon. Because I love this game too / am also anxious for news!

Jun 30, 2020
Are you (or is anyone else reading this) on the discord / if so is there any activity on there? I don't like the discord interface much so mostly avoid going on it (don't have it installed on anything and the web version is a hassle) so thought I'd ask. If you're unsure I'm tempted to go through the effort just to see if there's more recent activity there than here or patreon. Because I love this game too / am also anxious for news!
There's nothing on Discord that's any more recent than what's been posted here . . . a status update posted on January 4.

I've been in touch with him since, but it's been a while since I've heard anything substantial. My guess is irl issues are in the way but it does have the feel of things basically grinding to a halt.

I was just hoping that someone out there might have heard something more concrete.

Reactions: drisarter

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
There's nothing on Discord that's any more recent than what's been posted here . . . a status update posted on January 4.

I've been in touch with him since, but it's been a while since I've heard anything substantial. My guess is irl issues are in the way but it does have the feel of things basically grinding to a halt.

I was just hoping that someone out there might have heard something more concrete.
Thanks for clarifying. Fingers crossed someone else might have heard something, and hope he's doing alright in any case.

Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for clarifying. Fingers crossed someone else might have heard something, and hope he's doing alright in any case.
Yeah, I hope he's doing okay too. He had been extraordinarily generous with his time on Discord with me in private conversation about MSN and his own vision, and I have a lot of admiration for/faith in his skill as an artist. I was just wondering whether there was anybody else out there in the MSN alumni association who had recent contact with the maestro and might be able to share a good word.

Fingers crossed for sure.

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Wow! I can say that so far I'm really impressed with the female protagonists, they are nothing like we are used to see in sooooo many VN. Take Anna, she is a cutie, a real cutie, an angel you don't even want to touch. Her mother is really hot, someone you really to touch. Nina is beautiful too, but too forward, I just hope she's just acting and not a damn slut, there are so many already in so many VNs and it's getting real boring.
Well, fingers crossed, hope it won't be abandoned because it's super promising!

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I hope I'm wrong, but this is looking like a dead project.
Seems so, no infos since the drop of the last update here and on Patreon from the dev. Even no sign of live in his own discord, too. Just checked, the "developement cycle" from the first two releases was more then a year. So I unfortunately don't expect this one is going anywhere with that "speed"...

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
Seems so, no infos since the drop of the last update here and on Patreon from the dev. Even no sign of live in his own discord, too. Just checked, the "developement cycle" from the first two releases was more then a year. So I unfortunately don't expect this one is going anywhere with that "speed"...
the latest progress news by the dev were on january (1) [VN] - [Ren'Py] - Love Next Door [v0.2 - Part 1] [EroBro] | F95zone
Lets hope it is just taking too long

Last edited:

farners

May 23, 2022
I found this bug with the last versión, if you change the name of the MC, in the call between the redhead and the mother, they call you Ethan. Not the new name.

Jun 30, 2020
Sorry I',m lost, maybe because I new and usually only read and put reactions.
I do something bad? there are not a bug section, and this bug it's not listed on the thread.
If you had read the last couple pages, you would know that the developer has vanished off the face of the earth for over two months now. Not a peep here, on Patreon, or on Discord.

There's been no official word on why or what's happened, and everyone's best wishes are certainly with EroBro, but given that there was a twelve month gap between the initial game post and the first update and now the developer has gone radio silent (again), the efficacy of posting a bug report here is more or less wishful thinking.

I really want to be wrong about this guy disappearing. We had been sharing a document where we were writing future scenes and dialog, and I really liked where things were going with the story. He had some really great ideas about where the story would go, and in all modesty I felt like I was helping catch things before they would be posted as errors and adding my own creativity and humor. I was proud of a couple of the scenes I had submitted (and were well received) and was hoping to see them become part of the story.

If I hear from him again, the first thing I'd ask him to do is to reach out on all the usual platforms to let the people who care about him and the project know what's up and that he's okay.

If you want to report a bug, I'd recommend sending it to him via a DM on Discord (EroBro). If he comes back months from now, that's the place to send it where it would be far less likely to be buried in what's going to be posted here in the meantime.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes