• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Love Next Door [v0.2 - Part 1] [EroBro]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I want to learn how to design and develop a game, only and only to start making this game. There is a mystery in real that I want to solve...
Speaking from experience (failed developer here), it's a crap ton of work. It seems easy enough from the outside, but once you start the renders, it can be discouraging. For every good render you see, there may have been several attempts that sucked; hands clipping, clothes not fitting, feet buried in the floor, lighting issues, etc. Rendering 1 scene can take forever, even with a top of the line graphics card. Just rendering 100 images could take days and if you only have the one PC that can be a problem. The Dev from BaDIK has at least one PC that is only running renders. To get a release out in a couple of months is basically a full time job and most devs are doing it after work/school.

Then there is the writing and the coding, music, sound graphics... it is really tough for one person to work on. Even with solid help from people like Orangepocalypse it's still tough.

Jun 30, 2020
Speaking from experience (failed developer here), it's a crap ton of work. It seems easy enough from the outside, but once you start the renders, it can be discouraging. For every good render you see, there may have been several attempts that sucked; hands clipping, clothes not fitting, feet buried in the floor, lighting issues, etc. Rendering 1 scene can take forever, even with a top of the line graphics card. Just rendering 100 images could take days and if you only have the one PC that can be a problem. The Dev from BaDIK has at least one PC that is only running renders. To get a release out in a couple of months is basically a full time job and most devs are doing it after work/school.

Then there is the writing and the coding, music, sound graphics... it is really tough for one person to work on. Even with solid help from people like Orangepocalypse it's still tough.
100% agree. I have a ton of work experience in developing curriculum and print materials, but I'm very comfortable with the idea that my particular set of skills come nowhere close to being what is needed to successfully produce a game on my own. Since I have the art and technology skills of a concussed squirrel, I tip my hat to the people who are able to make it work.

I'm under the impression that you could hit a half dozen competent writers just by swinging a dead cat around, but the art and tech skills to me seem like the holy grail.

I have my fingers crossed for EroBro's return, because it was pretty clear to me that he had a good sense of what MSN was about, what made the game so good, and the skill set to execute the vision.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Another abandoned game. I just checked the dev's discord and he hasn't posted anything there since January. I don't see this one coming back. Time to unfollow this thread.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Blackjacks12

Jul 17, 2019
i mean when i see it right on his patreon he was silent from april 2022 then post the new version on dezember so maybe he just dont talk much there

Jun 30, 2020
i mean when i see it right on his patreon he was silent from april 2022 then post the new version on dezember so maybe he just dont talk much there
Maybe he got kidnapped by Somali pirates in the middle of doing an update from his yacht. He wanted to keep going, but one of the pirates told him "I'm the developer now."

Jun 30, 2020
is there still enough content to get started even though it got abandonned
My opinion is that there isn't. Other than the obligatory fap scene included in a first post (one with a character that wasn't going to be central to the story), there is nothing there.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes