Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Anyway, Love of Magic Book 1 New Game+ is now content complete and in full testing. Hoping to release it to the main Beta branch this week, just checking what else is broken :)

It retouches a bunch of lines, adds in the new Book 3 engine (so rollbacks, animated elsewhere, a lot more enemies and gems) and new quest-lines for Kath, Jenny, Olivia, the Morrigan and the Salesman. You can check it out on the Book 1 beta branch called ngplus right now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And with that, New Game+ is live on the Beta and Development branch.

I'll migrate it to the default branch and do non-steam mirrors once I know it doesn't break anything terrible.

screenshot_thegreathunt.png As for the TL;DR?
- Ported book 1 to Book 3's engine, with all it's various improvements (rollback, etc)
- Load an end of Book 3 save to continue the New Game+ mode, with new dialog, new quests, and improved stats/all your gems
- Added new scenes that play for both NG+ and normal mode
- Added special scenes that only play for NG+ mode
- Added additional animations

Overall it's a big update, and one that has both fan-service and story development. If you want help test it out now, Love of Magic will be on sale for the spring sale starting in 3 hrs time ;)

stuffy1

Nov 6, 2023
I ordered Chloe's catgirl outfit about a week ago and there's been no mention of it. Have I missed something? Could that scene have been skipped because I ordered an outfit for Emily on the same day?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I ordered Chloe's catgirl outfit about a week ago and there's been no mention of it. Have I missed something? Could that scene have been skipped because I ordered an outfit for Emily on the same day?
Go to the bathroom at night (not late night) and grab a shower (same deal for all of Chloe's outfits).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Updated the mirrors with Book 1's New Game+ mode, adding the ability to start a new game from your end of book 3 save, ports the whole thing to Book 3's final engine (with things like rollback support, more enemies, improved visuals, etc), new quests, added new closeups and animations, and a dialog that changes in subtle ways if you're replaying in NG+ mode vs normal mode.

The Love of Magic trilogy is now on the Steam Spring Sale, if you want to support me making games like this!

Book 1
Act I-VI and New Game+
Win64: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Win32: - MEGA - - -
OSX: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Linux: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Android (1.2.6): MEGA - - -

Book 2
Act VII-XI
\Win64: - MEGA - -
OSX: - MEGA - -
Linux: - MEGA - -
Android (v0.2.5b): MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -
WORKUPLOAD

If you've liked Love of Magic, don't forget to give my next game, Morningstar: Book of the Fallen a try, and wishlist it here to help it have a great launch!

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
Updated the mirrors with Book 1's New Game+ mode, adding the ability to start a new game from your end of book 3 save, ports the whole thing to Book 3's final engine (with things like rollback support, more enemies, improved visuals, etc), new quests, added new closeups and animations, and a dialog that changes in subtle ways if you're replaying in NG+ mode vs normal mode.

The Love of Magic trilogy is now on the Steam Spring Sale, if you want to support me making games like this!

Book 1
Act I-VI and New Game+
Win64: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Win32: - MEGA - - -
OSX: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Linux: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Android (1.2.6): MEGA - - -

Book 2
Act VII-XI
\Win64: - MEGA - -
OSX: - MEGA - -
Linux: - MEGA - -
Android (v0.2.5b): MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -
WORKUPLOAD

If you've liked Love of Magic, don't forget to give my next game, Morningstar: Book of the Fallen a try, and wishlist it here to help it have a great launch!

So for ng+ is it only for book 1 or does it continue to book 3?

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
Yep, after you do your bar work, go to the bathroom and then it should kick in, remember she a cat girl and loves her tail being hold while you banging her, lol

• Haha
Reactions: notBatman747

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Updated the mirrors with Book 1's New Game+ mode, adding the ability to start a new game from your end of book 3 save, ports the whole thing to Book 3's final engine (with things like rollback support, more enemies, improved visuals, etc), new quests, added new closeups and animations, and a dialog that changes in subtle ways if you're replaying in NG+ mode vs normal mode.​

How does one actually start NG+? Is it still a separate branch?

I have all 3 on steam and have previously completed book 3, but I can't see any new options when trying to start book 1 again.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

How does one actually start NG+? Is it still a separate branch?

I have all 3 on steam and have previously completed book 3, but I can't see any new options when trying to start book 1 again.
It's on the beta/development branch on Book 1 on Steam.
New Game+ shows up as a new button on the main menu if you've got an end of Book 3 save (Act16.sav3).

1710679652294.png

FarBonoFar

Jul 14, 2019
Hey, Droid Productions, I run intro a problem with Linux build of 1 book with NG+, there is absolutely no sound. It's don't seam to be a problem on my end, cause book 3 work just fine. Nonetheless very exited to try NG+, and can't wait on complete release of NG+ content to make a back to back walkthrough on steam version of the game.

Good luck in developing.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey, Droid Productions, I run intro a problem with Linux build of 1 book with NG+, there is absolutely no sound. It's don't seam to be a problem on my end, cause book 3 work just fine. Nonetheless very exited to try NG+, and can't wait on complete release of NG+ content to make a back to back walkthrough on steam version of the game.

Good luck in developing.
That's strange; could you get me the player.log file, I'll see if there's anything obviously broken there:
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes