dariel77

Jun 22, 2020
CTRL is usually my friend, but this game... i read the whole thing from beginning to end.
Cheesed the fight, ignored for the most part, but with the guide i made sure i got all the scenes.
Can not play without a walkthrough, way too easy to miss the right day to trigger things.

(I also never comment, but this game warranted it)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Droid Productions when you finish book3 and get sent back to book 1... do you keep your stats? if not... i hate that!
besides i suck at steam beta branches never got them to work for me... so i will wait until its fully fleshed out and update my love of magic games so play it from the start again... might be my what? 37th time?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions when you finish book3 and get sent back to book 1... do you keep your stats? if not... i hate that!
You start with 15/15/15 in stats, $10,000 and all your gems.

NG+ is mostly about re-discovering the world, and spotting all the little ways the world reacts to the fact that you've played through this before, and that while the *player* has been through this story, the MC hasn't.

aces4all

Oct 29, 2021
So just archived off my old saves for a fresh run through the series before trying NG+. I'm just a few days into my first Book I (v1.6.5D) run and the bathroom seems to be missing. I don't see the links for it in the taproom, the bedroom, or on the map. It's been a while since I did a clean run through and do not remember if I needed to do something to trigger it or not.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So just archived off my old saves for a fresh run through the series before trying NG+. I'm just a few days into my first Book I (v1.6.5D) run and the bathroom seems to be missing. I don't see the links for it in the taproom, the bedroom, or on the map. It's been a while since I did a clean run through and do not remember if I needed to do something to trigger it or not.
It should show up automatically (from the tap room of the Crowley) when you return from rescuing Emily from the Minotaur (which then gives you Chloe's night-time sequence).

Are you not getting that scene, or?

Edit: Ah, I think I see what might be happening. I added the option to drink in the grassmarket; if you go drinking day 1 (after dealing with the bull), you can break the tutorial, never get the night-time blowjob with Chloe, and never open the bathroom.

Fixing that now.

To retroactively unlock the bathroom, enable the debug menu (Ctrl+J), go to the cheats tab, and Execute script:
UnlockLocation=Bath

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Question - Are Books 2 and 3 fundamentally the same as before? My computer sees them as already present on my hard drive as I still have the ones from my first playthrough.
Book 2 got some minor bug-fixes that were pushed to Steam a while ago (most importantly upgrading the Unity version so it supports the new OSX version). No new content. Full changelog:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Book 3's unchanged this time.

Book 1's gotten a massive overhaul, with 5 new quest-lines, 4 new sexy times, and a bunch of new dialog if you're on the New Game+ path. It's also updated to use Book 3's engine, so more monsters, more gems, rollback, etc.

In time I'll go back and do the same for Book 2 & 3, but atm I'm back at Morningstar.

syfy88man

Jul 20, 2018
Book 1's gotten a massive overhaul, with 5 new quest-lines, 4 new sexy times, and a bunch of new dialog if you're on the New Game+ path. It's also updated to use Book 3's engine, so more monsters, more gems, rollback, etc.
OOO then It is time to go back to book one and play the achievement game and see how many of them I can complete before it sends me to book 2, lol

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Reactions: Real Kreten

ultrusviderat

Oct 25, 2019
This one was there from the very first release. I was worried it was a bit on the nose.

Eventually all three books will get the NG+ treatment, but I do them in sections so I don't burn out.
Is this wording intentional?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes