Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Her eyes look a little... scary. Maybe it's because there's too much white, IDK.
Who, Olivia?
1576652308591.png

She's meant to be a little scary. She's actually inspired by Drax the Destroyer; as she would say... "Nothing escapes me. I understand ...too much."

• Wow
Reactions: Phoeniix

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The MC knowing what a Cù-sìth is, is impressive.
Part of the content for Act II is the upgrade system for the Crowley. As you find stuff in Elsewhere that Chloe can use to make more and better potions, the rating of the Crowley will go up, and it will become "the" hangout for the supernatural creatures in this world and Elsewhere. This will be reflected in the bartending dialog (as the ranking goes up, you make more money and have new situations bouncing drunken Fae lords and negotiating with gods), and unlock additional rooms in the pub.

If you want a sneak preview, set the CROWLEY variable > 15 to unlock the first pass of higher tier conversations

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, 0.1.24 is live. I was watching stream the game, and as the old

Nothing is quite so humbling as being forced to watch in silence as some poor play-tester stumbles around your level for 20 minutes, unable to figure out the "obvious" answer that you now realize is completely arbitrary and impossible to figure out.
Of course, I wasn't watching in silence... but I was watching with a 2 minute anti-stream-sniping delay, so my comments were soundly ignored. Having said that, I found a bunch of useful bug-fixes, ways to break progression logic, and having a woman reading all the dialog out loud was actually quite nice.

Here's the full changelog from 0.1.21 (the last official update)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So. What's next?

I've started writing and rendering for Act II. To give a heads up on the primary aspects planned for Act II

Continue the story of MC's relationship with the characters of Elsewhere and Edinburgh. At it's heart this is a harem love-story. Emily might not want to share, but she'll have to come around to it somehow. Molly and Katie will have to kiss and make up. And Jenny will need to discover what she's willing to do if ordered by a perfect black rose. I'm also bringing in a few new characters.. more people, more fun.

I'm working on the replayable dungeon version of Elsewhere. Here's how it's looking so far:

1576729339726.png

For those of you who've played it's heavily inspired by that; you've got your grunts, your elites, your question marks, treasures and rest stops. The question marks will be dialog sequences, some of which are dependent on which companions you've brought on this run. Treasure are things you can trade with Chloe, and use to upgrade the Crowley.

I wanted to have the idea of the Crowley as a living thing; bringing back stuff for Chloe will raise the level of the pub, open up new rooms and unlock new conversations when you work. At the beginning there's nothing much happening at the pub, but by the end of Act II it will be known as the place to be for mages and and friendly(ish) supernatural creatures. And of course, being a bartender and bouncer there will be entertaining. It's also how the additional sex scenes with Chloe will be unlocked (based on stat checks / conversation options from when the player works at the Crowley)

Finally, I'm tuning and tweaking the poker game. With the replayable (Persona-inspired) dungeons, we'll have more combat. That means I need more, and more interesting, gems. I need more enemies, and specifically ones that do different things so killing them isn't a slog. I need more ally powers (especially for the Sorceresses). And I need to spend some time tuning all this for difficulty.

I'll likely push out a new build roughly weekly with the *systemic* changes (so updating elsewhere, improving UI, more enemies, etc). I'm going to gate Act II story so it's ready when it's ready.. hopefully that kind of two-step update will give people a chance to play and have feedback about the game systems, while still leaving a meaty 2hr update down the road.

Thanks for reading, and let me know if there's anything missing

• Love
Reactions: Phoeniix and lurk34

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
Any fixes for when you can't click on someone. After study date 2 my MC was nude in the coffee place and I couldn't click anywhere or leave. Then loaded save from study date 2 and now can't interact with the princess. So effectively I am now stuck.

Ok lol I think I somehow managed. Just spammed skip time a bunch and it forced me to a lecture. Although I can't say it was a perfect fix more just a workaround...

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Any fixes for when you can't click on someone. After study date 2 my MC was nude in the coffee place and I couldn't click anywhere or leave. Then loaded save from study date 2 and now can't interact with the princess. So effectively I am now stuck.

Ok lol I think I somehow managed. Just spammed skip time a bunch and it forced me to a lecture. Although I can't say it was a perfect fix more just a workaround...
Do you have the savegame that happens on? I'll see if I can find out what went wrong.

Reactions: oysterkeeper

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
Do you have the savegame that happens on? I'll see if I can find out what went wrong.
Here you go.

To "fix" the second save I skipped time to the next day, it had ended up putting me in the fight vs the tentacle monster and closed down the fight but I could still see the hp bars and stuff even when talking and going around the map.

Cheers for the fun game, has been enjoyable!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Here you go.

To "fix" the second save I skipped time to the next day, it had ended up putting me in the fight vs the tentacle monster and closed down the fight but I could still see the hp bars and stuff even when talking and going around the map.

Cheers for the fun game, has been enjoyable!
Okay, this is interesting. Both savegames are working fine here. I have no idea how you managed to get out of the fight without the UI disappearing; sounds like an exception stopped the game from ending cleanly. If you find anything like that again I'd love to see the log-file.

The nude MC's fixed in 0.1.24.

Thanks!

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Some shitty music is playing in Starcucks! And why is it so lound?
You can adjust the music volume in Settings. The song in Starcucks is actually divisive; some people absolutely love it, others hate it. I was watching a streamer playing the game yesterday, and she was sitting in Starcucks just bobbing her head and listening to the music instead of streaming :) The music is also a hint / foreshadowing to Jenny (the Barrista)'s character arc; if you listen to the Lyric you'll discover what's in store for her.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: oysterkeeper

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
that card game killed it for me........i hate (Poker) a mini game like this, im here for the renders and story......i gues thats it for me

Please make it so we can skip this...............

Reactions: MrBenny

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
that card game killed it for me.........
Sorry to hear that. Let me know if there's anything concrete that's bugging you (which I might be able to fix), or if you just disliked the gameplay itself (which is... harder).

I've considered adding an ability to auto-play for people who really don't like the poker mechanic. An easier option might be to offer an 'auto-win' feature, but that's likely to break the game in various ways (because the characters often talk to you in the middle of the game to advance the story). The AI *does* know how to play, so I guess I could enable AI support for players as well. That gets you out of playing, but if you just hate the poker side of things it won't resolve that.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Sorry to hear that. Let me know if there's anything concrete that's bugging you (which I might be able to fix), or if you just disliked the gameplay itself (which is... harder).

I've considered adding an ability to auto-play for people who really don't like the poker mechanic. An easier option might be to offer an 'auto-win' feature, but that's likely to break the game in various ways (because the characters often talk to you in the middle of the game to advance the story). The AI *does* know how to play, so I guess I could enable AI support for players as well. That gets you out of playing, but if you just hate the poker side of things it won't resolve that.

i hate poker........................lol

even if you keep pressing the dicard 10000x your health goes from 160+ to 160- and then itsstart alover again GRRRRR i just want to get passed this poker game( i hate poker )

Reactions: MrBenny

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
i hate poker........................lol

even if you keep pressing the dicard 10000x your health goes from 160+ to 160- and then itsstart alover again GRRRRR i just want to get passed this poker game( i hate poker )
Okay, yeah... that's a hard one. Let me see if I can add automatic play for you and your fellow poker-haters.

1576752253261.png

In theory it works now. I'm going to have to test and see what I've accidentally broken in the process :)

If it all works fine, I'll upload something tomorrow morning once I've had some time to test.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
is there a walk through? how do I beat Katie in the gym?
For the full victory (3:0) you need two things:
- You need STR/INT/CHR above 10 each (you can use ctrl+j to cheat if you want)
- Don't reuse the moves; each of the 3 responses in combat map to a stat (STR/INT/CTR). Make sure you don't reuse the move, or she will counter you

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

I'll need to do more extensive testing on this before I roll it into the main-line, but here's the AI-enabled poker-game. I actually spent longer uploading than I did building this AI (though it benefits from basically being derived from the old enemy AI code(.

bb1111 : if you want to have a look, you can enable the auto-playing AI from Settings.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes