Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, 0.1.22 is up on itch.io.

1575631606072.png My mega.nz has been suspended... why, I have no idea, since the only thing I use it for is distributing builds for Love of Magic. If anyone wants to pull the data from itch.io and put up mirrors, I'd be grateful.

Changelog:

- Added ability to trigger discussion on round 0 (used to let Dylan chat; previously it was possible for the player to kill the enemy on round 1, so the talking never triggered)
- fixed fullscreen images not being fullscreen on higher resolutions
- fixed some positioning issues for characters
- Fixed typos from slice of life events
- Added blood splatter VFX to poker combat
- fixed settings -> credits not working
- Added QA credits

- Moving automatically from room to room doesn't update the UI name
- Fixed character positions not synching perfectly
- Added 5 new Slice of Life events (3 in bookstore, 1 in cafe, 1 in Crowley)

- Fixed the "invisible line of text" in ceremonial magic II.
- Fixed a bug where the players could trigger the elsewhere entrance out of order by talking to Katie before Dylan
- Fixed a bug where cards could be left behind on the board
- Gems handed out by katie are 3x level 1 + 1x level 4; should reduce the problem of not having any feeling of control at the opening matches
- reloading last save will now respect triggers being fired by date/time

What's changed:
- Training in the Gym would take up two time-slots
- Edited the coffee shop dialog to hint that there are future events ahead if you continue chatting with people
- Fixed a bug where the Art of Jeet Kun Do would fail to advance time for one of the reading slots
- Fixed an OSX build issue with invalid resource packs

Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
If use the debug on your first day in school this is what happened to me. I met Katie talked then the guy who is the healer shows up do the dialogue with him then all three will transport to the hallway were you battle the first hellhound. Katie is still with you but behide the hh. You are over in the hh side of the cards but must play what would be your nomal side of the cards. Now if you don't use the portal till after the tentacles then Emily will suddenly be there and you progress to the last seen with lady of the lake. I strongly recommend that you don't have the debug on while doing the game. Use it then shut it off.

Reactions: Phoeniix

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
If use the debug on your first day in school this is what happened to me. I met Katie talked then the guy who is the healer shows up do the dialogue with him then all three will transport to the hallway were you battle the first hellhound. Katie is still with you but behide the hh. You are over in the hh side of the cards but must play what would be your nomal side of the cards. Now if you don't use the portal till after the tentacles then Emily will suddenly be there and you progress to the last seen with lady of the lake. I strongly recommend that you don't have the debug on while doing the game. Use it then shut it off.
Curious. So this is you just enabling debug, not clicking on anything?

pklmjn

Oct 9, 2018
Using v0.1.22, fresh start, Windows 10, never used debug. I have been running the game in fullscreen all the time and no more hangups happened, game only froze once after a LOT of alt+tab.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Keep up the great work, you are a talented storyteller.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Okay, 0.1.22 is up on itch.io.

View attachment 479694 My mega.nz has been suspended... why, I have no idea, since the only thing I use it for is distributing builds for Love of Magic. If anyone wants to pull the data from itch.io and put up mirrors, I'd be grateful.

Changelog:

- Added ability to trigger discussion on round 0 (used to let Dylan chat; previously it was possible for the player to kill the enemy on round 1, so the talking never triggered)
- fixed fullscreen images not being fullscreen on higher resolutions
- fixed some positioning issues for characters
- Fixed typos from slice of life events
- Added blood splatter VFX to poker combat
- fixed settings -> credits not working
- Added QA credits
Uploading these right now to my MEGA account, I will try to set it up for you:
Looks like it will take at least an hour to complete the upload
Snip20191207_10.png

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
MacOS 0.1.22
At Matriculation: Took the Overlapped trip to the Offices with Katie and Dylan... Played through Zombiedog Battle then Clicked on Katie and Dylan dissapeared, but location did not change, got drunk with her and then, Graphics returned to normal when I got back to my bedroom.
Snip20191207_11.png Snip20191207_12.png Snip20191207_13.png

Last edited:

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
1575631606072.png

My mega.nz has been suspended... why, I have no idea, since the only thing I use it for is distributing builds for Love of Magic. If anyone wants to pull the data from itch.io and put up mirrors, I'd be grateful.
K this should work for now... MEGA links:
MAC - v0.1.22:
"WINDOZE" - v0.1.22:
ANDROID apk - vUnknown:
Hope this works for everyone!
Not sure what version Android is, but it was updated at the same time as the Mac and "Windoze" versions
Yeah I'm a member of the "I hate Micro$**t" club and proud of it. I have been using Apple and UNIX since before there WAS a MicroS**T.
...and every time I start to think nice thoughts about them, they do something that REALLY pisses me off.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Using v0.1.22, fresh start, Windows 10, never used debug. I have been running the game in fullscreen all the time and no more hangups happened, game only froze once after a LOT of alt+tab.
Awesome, thanks. I'll sit down and clear these out when I'm back at a computer.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
K this should work for now... MEGA links:
MAC - v0.1.22:
"WINDOZE" - v0.1.22:
ANDROID apk - vUnknown:
Hope this works for everyone!
Not sure what version Android is, but it was updated at the same time as the Mac and "Windoze" versions
Yeah I'm a member of the "I hate Micro$**t" club and proud of it. I have been using Apple and UNIX since before there WAS a MicroS**T.
...and every time I start to think nice thoughts about them, they do something that REALLY pisses me off.
Thanks! :)

I should pass you the OSX build so we could fix the chmod issue.

Nov 18, 2018
One more time related snafu. On the morning of the date with Emily through the portal, I went to the University Library. Time advanced and the date was skipped. Which obviously causes problems with the plot.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Hey Droid...just a thought...maybe give the MC a default name? If for no other reason than so we are all on the same page talking about him without having to call him "MC". Like I refer to Emily in discussion...but I call her "Tits" in the game and and Katie is ... well...."Firebush"......lol :p

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
MC is a self-insert, it's one of the reasons why I didn't want to give him a canon name.

One more time related snafu. On the morning of the date with Emily through the portal, I went to the University Library. Time advanced and the date was skipped. Which obviously causes problems with the plot.
That's weird. Does it skip two periods? I can't see any logic that would do that, but if you can remember which discussion it was I'll see what's happening.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
I actually don't mind this MC not having a default name, for some reason. I guess it's a sign of good quality because I'm normally annoyed by this.

Oh right, is there a projected date for the second Act, Droid?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh right, is there a projected date for the second Act, Droid?
Err.. When it's done? :)

I've been so caught up in bug fixes, exploits and quality of Life issues that I haven't spent much time on act 2 yet. Once I get a chance to sit down, it's about a month of renders and story writing, then QA.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
I posted a new Discussion Thread for Love of Magic Fan Art, Game Art, Art assets and Art asset information:
Love of Magic Art Depository
Just starting, I will flesh it out more in time, and make it "pretty"
Feel free to DL the Splash screen for a Wallpaper, it is the only content at the moment.
More to come soon!

• Love
4.60 star(s) 257 Votes