Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just wondering.... why MC's mother didn't notice his ears???
A mix of things, I guess. People are really good at not noticing what they don't want to believe in, and if you don't believe in magic, it's easy to think "oh, it's so cute that he got his father's ears".

kitsune2.png

In addition, magic tends to cloak itself. Obvious, Creatures like this wander the world. People just gloss over it. That couldn't *possibly* be a fox-demon carrying a sword. So it wasn't. Once you open your eyes to magic, you start seeing the world as it actually is.

The girl will be showing up in Act 2, which is still some point away. Next update will be a quality of life update, with various bug-fixes and the first pass of 5-6 Slice of Life events.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
You posted the 0.1.18 Mac version on the Front page, which does not load the backgrounds.
Reposting the link to Mac version 0.1.19 which fixes that issue.

I have not yet managed to play past the Ceremonial Magic room in this version.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
I was wondering if the gym times could be changed? Right now I go in the morning to train and it's night when I'm done so can't work.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Good news. By skipping the 2nd Ceremonial Magic lecture I was able to play through to the end of act 1 and have some fun along the way! Got a handjob from Emily (I call her "Tits" lol) and wrestling Katie (I call her "Firebush") with a happy ending.
MacOS version 0.1.19. The only other time I got stuck was when I Played a battle directly from the card Icon in my bedroom. Funny thing, I thought I was stuck after beating the tentacle monster... but it turned out that I had to click on the White text on the left to progress the story, instead of the yellow text on the right like everywhere else. Annoying, but not game breaking.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Good news. By skipping the 2nd Ceremonial Magic lecture I was able to play through to the end of act 1 and have some fun along the way! Got a handjob from Emily (I call her "Tits" lol) and wrestling Katie (I call her "Firebush") with a happy ending.
MacOS version 0.1.19. The only other time I got stuck was when I Played a battle directly from the card Icon in my bedroom. Funny thing, I thought I was stuck after beating the tentacle monster... but it turned out that I had to click on the White text on the left to progress the story, instead of the yellow text on the right like everywhere else. Annoying, but not game breaking.
You had to skip the ceremonial magic lecture? How did you do that?

Also; would you happen to have a screenshot for the tentacle incident? Did it look like it could be another one of the invisible links?

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
You had to skip the ceremonial magic lecture? How did you do that?

Also; would you happen to have a screenshot for the tentacle incident? Did it look like it could be another one of the invisible links?
Hmmm, sorry no screen shot, it caught me by surprise when I got it.
As to skipping the Ceremonial Magic Lecture #2, I went back to an earlier save. Every time i tried to do the lecture I got stuck, but I tried going to the gym first thing and fought with Katie which took me past the lecture, then on the way to the Evoker lecture I heard the sounds from the Ceremonial Magic portal and got the tentacle battle.
I don't know about the invisible link issue, none of the text was highlighted, and the area on the left was the active hotspot, the area on the right was dead, where the Yellow text was. That text usually highlights, in this case, the yellow text was unresponsive.
My saves seem to be broken now so I don't think I can repeat...:mad:
(I can't seem to navigate once I open them)
I will try to troubleshoot this when I have some more time.

Last edited:

Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
I finally got through act 1. You can do the ceremonial magic room 2 and 3 till you can't go any farther then hit the dialogue back button. You get the tasks or benefits. Then go do something else after you hit the back button.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, they'd definitely a bug. Let me try and repro here, and get you guys an updated build.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I finally got through act 1. You can do the ceremonial magic room 2 and 3 till you can't go any farther then hit the dialogue back button. You get the tasks or benefits. Then go do something else after you hit the back button.
Would you happen to have the savegame near where you did this? I'll check it out, see if I can reproduce it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
PC build 0.1.21

This is an interim build for anyone that wants to test out the slice of life events. Right now all of them trigger with 100% probability past day 12 (3 in the bookstore, 1 in the cafe, 1 in the crowley); next build I'm dialing that back down to make it random.

Changelog since 0.1.18
- Moving automatically from room to room doesn't update the UI name
- Fixed character positions not synching perfectly
- Added 5 new Slice of Life events (3 in bookstore, 1 in cafe, 1 in Crowley)

- Fixed the "invisible line of text" in ceremonial magic II.
- Fixed a bug where the players could trigger the elsewhere entrance out of order by talking to Katie before Dylan
- Fixed a bug where cards could be left behind on the board
- Gems handed out by katie are 3x level 1 + 1x level 4; should reduce the problem of not having any feeling of control at the opening matches
- reloading last save will now respect triggers being fired by date/time

What's changed:
- Training in the Gym would take up two time-slots
- Edited the coffee shop dialog to hint that there are future events ahead if you continue chatting with people
- Fixed a bug where the Art of Jeet Kun Do would fail to advance time for one of the reading slots
- Fixed an OSX build issue with invalid resource packs

Reactions: Phoeniix

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Of course that isn't a fox demon, I have seen that Butt plug on a cam model before, damn furries.

Did the typo thing again.

As mentioned previously about ellipsis, same goes here.

The bookstore doesn't seem to be 100% of the time, it seems you can get 2 right now then no more on a day, getting emily to pop up is kind of difficult. I am guessing all answers lead to the same things being said by her?

Cafe:
frappuchino soy-milk : frappuccino soy milk (if you are using Starbucks)

mocha grande frappuchino soy-milk : frappuccino soy milk (if you are using Starbucks)

their cappuchino : cappuccino

Starbucks restaurants : locations (not a restaurant last I remembered)

barristas : baristas

splash-damage : splash damage

Magical community : (unsure if the M should be capitalized)

Jumped up waitress : (jumped up is an odd term)

over-thinking : overthinking

Bookstore Emily
Quirk : (should it be capitalized?)

learn there : learn from it

Bookstore Molly
and consider : considers

book-seller : bookseller

Bookstore Katie

Not that I know : know of

books, like : (the like reads weird especially when it jumps to her brogue)

(she does a gimme that, then also says give me back my book, and MC says he won't twice, feels like it is two endings to the same outcome? Without a playful mention of the MC keeping the book if she tried to grab it and them flipping through it or something, it reads odd.)

Crowley Torman
Anyone valuable : (does MC know who is valuable?)

(I am guessing the Danish is correct, I don't speak it)

wateringhole : watering hole

interesting are about : interesting is about

(he wants a new watering hole, but already called it his watering hole)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Of course that isn't a fox demon, I have seen that Butt plug on a cam model before, damn furries.

Did the typo thing again.

As mentioned previously about ellipsis, same goes here.

The bookstore doesn't seem to be 100% of the time, it seems you can get 2 right now then no more on a day, getting emily to pop up is kind of difficult. I am guessing all answers lead to the same things being said by her?

Cafe:
frappuchino soy-milk : frappuccino soy milk (if you are using Starbucks)

mocha grande frappuchino soy-milk : frappuccino soy milk (if you are using Starbucks)

their cappuchino : cappuccino

Starbucks restaurants : locations (not a restaurant last I remembered)

barristas : baristas

splash-damage : splash damage

Magical community : (unsure if the M should be capitalized)

Jumped up waitress : (jumped up is an odd term)

over-thinking : overthinking

Bookstore Emily
Quirk : (should it be capitalized?)

learn there : learn from it

Bookstore Molly
and consider : considers

Bookstore Katie

Not that I know : know of

books, like : (the like reads weird especially when it jumps to her brogue)

(she does a gimme that, then also says give me back my book, and MC says he won't twice, feels like it is two endings to the same outcome? Without a playful mention of the MC keeping the book if she tried to grab it and them flipping through it or something, it reads odd.)

Crowley Torman
Anyone valuable : (does MC know who is valuable?)

(I am guessing the Danish is correct, I don't speak it)
I'm assuming the website I pulled it from is correct. I may be wrong.

Thanks for the rest of the feedback, will fix. Only pushback is that proper nouns for magical things (Quirks, Talents, Powers, etc) are capitalized.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Playing PC v0.1.21 in the zombie dog battle at the Offices the MC and the opponent (dog) images are swapped.
the rest of the functionality seems to be correct.
FYI : Playing on Bootcamp Windows10 using Parallels Version 15.1.2 (47123)
Snip20191204_1.png

Last edited:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I'm assuming the website I pulled it from is correct. I may be wrong.

Thanks for the rest of the feedback, will fix. Only pushback is that proper nouns for magical things (Quirks, Talents, Powers, etc) are capitalized.
If you mean you took the names from a site, might as well straight from the source.

The weirdness on Emily is if Molly is first and Katie is second, then Emily won't show on the same day, but if Emily is first all 3 will show, haven't had a Katie first yet.

Okay, on the capitalization, but then weirdly enough, some aren't capitalized then.

Bookstore Katie

mage : Mage (?)

hedgemage : Hedgemage (?)

magical community : Magical (to go along with what you said earlier.)

talent or quirk : Talent or Quirk (see above)

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes