Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Speaking of scrolling, is it your preference to make it inverted? It just bugs me that to scroll down I have to pull the bar up.
No, it's unity's default preference. I have no idea why. I just fixed this for loading screen, I'll do a pass of the others and see what I can find.

Reactions: lurk34 and Memorin

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Time for a little Fan art ???
Invisibility Spell goes sideways.....
Invisibility.jpg
(Click for full-size image)
Yeah, I know, her ears are too small and round still, and the backdrop sucks but I was in a rush. I'll do better next time. Still it will be limited since I must render without a Cuda capable graphics card.

Last edited:

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
The first day of Magic Ceremony class doesn't happen for me. Dylan meets me that Monday morning when I arrive at the university, and then I'm off to Elsewhere with him and Katie. I've gone back to a save I had from the day before, but that didn't help. Maybe I could start all over, and it was just unlucky timing for when Dylan meets you in the university courtyard, but it's an annoying bug. If I play through to the next Monday, it's obvious I've missed meeting a character, and missed the first class. If you could play the first class on the following Monday, it wouldn't matter. Ideally, Dylan wouldn't meet you in the courtyard on the day you're supposed to go to Magic Ceremony class.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The first day of Magic Ceremony class doesn't happen for me. Dylan meets me that Monday morning when I arrive at the university, and then I'm off to Elsewhere with him and Katie. I've gone back to a save I had from the day before, but that didn't help. Maybe I could start all over, and it was just unlucky timing for when Dylan meets you in the university courtyard, but it's an annoying bug. If I play through to the next Monday, it's obvious I've missed meeting a character, and missed the first class. If you could play the first class on the following Monday, it wouldn't matter. Ideally, Dylan wouldn't meet you in the courtyard on the day you're supposed to go to Magic Ceremony class.
Interesting. So you wake up in the morning, have the ceremonial magic conversation start, head out to the University automatically to do your ceremonial magic class, and then Dylan hijacks you?

That shouldn't happen. Let me check, and get a fix for it.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So; to mix things up between all the bug-fixing, I decided to add a new feature. Inspired by something Whirblewind mentioned, I'm adding what I call the "Slice of Life" functionality. Basically, if there's nothing *real* happening, there's a random chance a small non-critical sequence will play, showing one of the characters in the game going along with their life.

The first sequence features Emily trying to buy a guidebook to Edinburgh. Naturally, nothing is that simple if you're buying books from Diana.

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
So; to mix things up between all the bug-fixing, I decided to add a new feature. Inspired by something Whirblewind mentioned, I'm adding what I call the "Slice of Life" functionality. Basically, if there's nothing *real* happening, there's a random chance a small non-critical sequence will play, showing one of the characters in the game going along with their life.

The first sequence features Emily trying to buy a guidebook to Edinburgh. Naturally, nothing is that simple if you're buying books from Diana.

Almost makes you wonder how Diana managed to sell anything. Almost.

Reactions: Droid Productions

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The bits of slice of life are nice. Do they use up "time slots", or are they just things the player notices and then goes about their own time?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The bits of slice of life are nice. Do they use up "time slots", or are they just things the player notices and then goes about their own time?
They don't use up time slots.

Almost makes you wonder how Diana managed to sell anything. Almost.
Terry Pratchett Neil Gaiman : Good Omens said:
“Aziraphale collected books. If he were totally honest with himself he would have to have admitted that his bookshop was simply somewhere to store them. He was not unusual in this. In order to maintain his cover as a typical second-hand book seller, he used every means short of actual physical violence to prevent customers from making a purchase. Unpleasant damp smells, glowering looks, erratic opening hours - he was incredibly good at it.”

niennunb

Jun 15, 2017
Terry Pratchett Neil Gaiman : Good Omens said:
“Aziraphale collected books. If he were totally honest with himself he would have to have admitted that his bookshop was simply somewhere to store them. He was not unusual in this. In order to maintain his cover as a typical second-hand book seller, he used every means short of actual physical violence to prevent customers from making a purchase. Unpleasant damp smells, glowering looks, erratic opening hours - he was incredibly good at it.”
external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Tried to find typos in the slice of life video.

Sometime I think : Sometimes esoteric (The rest of the line where he talks about the talent and esotheric mage reads oddly, like 2 or 3 sentences mashed together.)

Was a map to kn : (the video doesn't show the rest of this text, so unsure if it was missing)

whatever you learn there : whatever you learn from it.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I named the girl who owns the pub cousin I named the princess sister her dad I named it dickless wonder instead of that overused dried up turds name I named the evoker teacher turd burglar.

The girls are hot looking the MC is ugly looking pity this isn't a renpy game then I could paint blot his face out of the pictures.

Princess said she had a artificial gem making class but then I find her in the restaurant right after class wearing her date dress though she wasn't clickable checked at night and she was still there and the next day shes still there and I click on her here it jumps to the time when you have to meet her at his place. After the next evoker class the princess was once again in the restaurant in her date dress and non clickable. It seems whenever there is a class or date with the princess she's always in the restaurant wearing her blue dress but almost always unclickable.

When you are done reading a book it should be removed from your list of books you can read at the coffee place.

Am I the only one that was a little disappointed that nothing really exciting happened in the tentacle scene? You can't even lose even when you tried as the MC's health goes back to 1 if it ever drops past 1 so you can't see a tentacle sex scene for failing or even a tentacle sex scene for not doing anything.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Princess said she had a artificial gem making class but then I find her in the restaurant right after class wearing her date dress though she wasn't clickable checked at night and she was still there and the next day shes still there and I click on her here it jumps to the time when you have to meet her at his place. After the next evoker class the princess was once again in the restaurant in her date dress and non clickable. It seems whenever there is a class or date with the princess she's always in the restaurant wearing her blue dress but almost always unclickable.
Weird. I'll go check that one out.

When you are done reading a book it should be removed from your list of books you can read at the coffee place.
Agree. Adding it to the list.

Am I the only one that was a little disappointed that nothing really exciting happened in the tentacle scene? You can't even lose even when you tried as the MC's health goes back to 1 if it ever drops past 1 so you can't see a tentacle sex scene for failing or even a tentacle sex scene for not doing anything.
Molly losing her virginity (to a tentacle, or otherwise) would be the end of her magical career, so I can't really do that in Act 1 :)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Droid Productions

Not it if was a game over lose scene where Molly loses her virginity to it and you get the game over screen afterwards and have to reload a save so Molly would still always be a virgin.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions

Not it if was a game over lose scene where Molly loses her virginity to it and you get the game over screen afterwards and have to reload a save so Molly would still always be a virgin.
It's a possibility; I'm trying to keep the game a little more light-hearted, though. Even though I can understand why some people would be quite okay with Molly having a 1 on 1 encounter with a tentacle swarm :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I do agree MC's face isn't the best, kind of looks like a slightly younger head of the Mid-life Crisis MC. Would have been nice if the face was both better looking and unique.

A small slice of life thing with the books would be once MC finishes reading them, it gets put on a bookshelf in their room. Then if anyone ever visits the room, maybe they comment on what they can see on the rack.

It is a bit odd you don't "study" one of your books when you study in the library, since I can't see any other use of turning down Olivia there or doing something else period.

About the Molly and tentacle scene. I think the problem is that it gives the player the idea that something bad might happen, now this can spur someone on to save her, but on the other hand if they dislike the character and want bad things to happen, then see nothing does happen they get saddened by the illusion of choice and if you can't actually "lose" then why is there a combat scene?

I respect how you want to tell your story, I do think you have to take into account what the player might do/expect in a situation, and control the path more if you don't want them to try for bad things.

Like if you make it seem like the MC has a choice to go with Nimue and whatever her side is doing, or Emily and the court... I would easily choose Nimue, but if you then have the MC go against the players choice or something like that it would alienate players. So I suggest crafting the story a bit tighter to make sure it stays how you want.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
I guess MC could give it to her "rough" for those who like to hate her LMAO! :love:
Take her first, THEN give her to the tentacles???

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes