Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
I take it you're using the "draw out the worlds slowly" functionality, right? Is there any patterns on *where* that happens? For example while speed clicking, speed clicking combined with ctrl for auto-read, etc?
Er, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, but I attached a screenshot in the same post that corresponds to that bug. It's the one labeled 3.png. I didn't have "Scroll Text" turned on, if that's what you mean.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Hmm 1.8 on the Mac...not so good.
Game saves seem to be intact... but advancing in the game leads to immediately losing the background AND other issues.
See attached screen-caps:
Snip20191129_3.png
Snip20191129_4.png
Snip20191129_5.png
Snip20191129_6.png
Wish I could send a savefile.
also, I am still stuck here, unable to proceed.
I have been playing in windowed mode, resolution does not seem to effect outcomes, but with my beast of a laptop it shouldn't.

Whirblewind

Dec 21, 2018
I wish I had a mac to test for y'all, but sadly all the playtesting leading up to beta has been windows, so I definitely expect there to be more problems with the osx build, at least until more public testing can be done.

Reactions: Phoeniix

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
I wish I had a mac to test for y'all, but sadly all the playtesting leading up to beta has been windows, so I definitely expect there to be more problems with the osx build, at least until more public testing can be done.
I'll do what I can to help, but my time is very limited, and my debugging knowledge of Unity as well.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Not sure how much useful info can be recovered from the debug menu as it is...
Snip20191129_7.png
I even expanded to fullscreen to try to reduce the text overlap...
MacOS game version 0.1.18
My usual settings:
Snip20191129_8.png
Hope this helps...

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
I'll do what I can to help, but my time is very limited, and my debugging knowledge of Unity as well.
To be honest, most, if not all, of the game issues I have encountered have been seen on the Windoze version too.
Except this last one of the missing backgrounds...

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
In combat, I'm guessing that the gems you've put in are also supposed to show up in the Help page? Screenshot attached.

Also, according to the Help page it seems that the J, Q, K cards should, well, look the way they're supposed to, but why do they appear as Aces in the actual game? Screenshot attached.

2 bugs one screen. First bug is Emily somehow getting stuck on the left side on the screen. Second bug is when an event triggers and brings you to another location, the top bar doesn't refresh to reflect said location. You'll have to move to another location to refresh it. As you can see, it still says My Bedroom. Screenshot attached.

Also, something's weird with Poison gem. As you can see I put it under Three-of-a-kind, but in combat LIGHTNING is the effect that got triggered instead. Besides that, I've never been able to trigger Poison effect. Screenshot attached.

Lastly, I suspect that save/loading MIGHT be causing some of the bugs I've been experiencing so far, because in your previous game "Making Movies" loading makes the Stat button not respond (so I have to restart the game every time if I want to see how my stats are doing,), so maybe it's the same case here...?

Last edited:

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Debug text works ok in MacOS game v0.1.15.
Snip20191129_9.png
Snip20191129_10.png
This happens to be the point where I get stuck, unable to progress.
Snip20191129_11.png actually THIS is the exact point where I get stuck.

Last edited:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

A small thing that might be good, I remember seeing it in a different Unity game, but there was a button to push to report a typo to the dev, it would I assume just tell the dev where they were and then the dev could do a quick once over and fix it. Of course that version should only go out to testers.

pklmjn

Oct 9, 2018
This is a dumb question but... when you select full screen, did you do it at the beginning where you unselect the Windowed option and change resolution to 1920x1080? Or did you alt+enter in game?

I tried doing it at the beginning and things SEEM to be okay. It was an incredibly short test though.
Well, first I played the game in fullscreen and when UI was no longer responding I killed it with alt+F4. Then I restarted it and choose Windowed in the beginning. Thing is, I wanted to test this again and now it works perfectly fine in fullscreen also. ???

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hmm 1.8 on the Mac...not so good.
Game saves seem to be intact... but advancing in the game leads to immediately losing the background AND other issues.
See attached screen-caps:
View attachment 473566
View attachment 473567
View attachment 473569
View attachment 473570
Wish I could send a savefile.
also, I am still stuck here, unable to proceed.
I have been playing in windowed mode, resolution does not seem to effect outcomes, but with my beast of a laptop it shouldn't.
Eeek!

Okay, I know what's happening (it's got the wrong resource pack). I don't know HOW it happened, but it's a rebuild fix, not code. I put as many assets as possible into resource packs, so they can be side-loaded; that reduces the memory load of the application, and also allows me to build the WebGL build cleaner. The problem is that the resource packets are pre-optimized for each platform, so the Android resource pack won't work for the OSX build, etc. This seems to be playing games with my build system; 90% of the time it works, but that means it screws up 10% of the time.

I'm rebuilding now; will edit this post once my hamster-powered internet uploads to Mega.

Edit: Phoeniix : updated OSX Mega build here

It's got the various fixes from yesterday + rebuild OSX addressable data packs. It's an interim build, so I'm not going to destroy my poor wifi uploading it to all the mirrors; I'll do that once I'm done with the other fixes

Last edited:
  • Love

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well, first I played the game in fullscreen and when UI was no longer responding I killed it with alt+F4. Then I restarted it and choose Windowed in the beginning. Thing is, I wanted to test this again and now it works perfectly fine in fullscreen also. ???
If you're playing in fullscreen, do let me know if you're seeing any issues. I haven't had time to extensively test that yet (and I'm a single-monitor laptop this week, so testing fullscreen is an issue).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Er, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, but I attached a screenshot in the same post that corresponds to that bug. It's the one labeled 3.png. I didn't have "Scroll Text" turned on, if that's what you mean.
Yeah, I saw it. I've seen something like that once before, it was caused by the code that makes words slowly appear in the main dialog window. But you're not doing that, so there's something else screwing up.

If anyone can find out how to reliably screw that one up, I'd be grateful... if not I'll just keep looking for it.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Eeek!

Okay, I know what's happening (it's got the wrong resource pack). I don't know HOW it happened, but it's a rebuild fix, not code. I put as many assets as possible into resource packs, so they can be side-loaded; that reduces the memory load of the application, and also allows me to build the WebGL build cleaner. The problem is that the resource packets are pre-optimized for each platform, so the Android resource pack won't work for the OSX build, etc. This seems to be playing games with my build system; 90% of the time it works, but that means it screws up 10% of the time.

I'm rebuilding now; will edit this post once my hamster-powered internet uploads to Mega.

Edit: Phoeniix : updated OSX Mega build here

It's got the various fixes from yesterday + rebuild OSX addressable data packs. It's an interim build, so I'm not going to destroy my poor wifi uploading it to all the mirrors; I'll do that once I'm done with the other fixes
You are awesome! I know you are juggling a lot, Kudos for effort! If there is any way I can help that is not too time consuming let me know. If just testing will help that is fine too! Is the savefile in the "default" Unity location? if so I will try to get some help from the Unity people to find it.

• Love

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You are awesome! I know you are juggling a lot, Kudos for effort! If there is any way I can help that is not too time consuming let me know. If just testing will help that is fine too! Is the savefile in the "default" Unity location? if so I will try to get some help from the Unity people to find it.
Honestly, just people playing and giving feedback is about all I needed :) It's been a long slog to get it this far; I've had some great help from people playing, testing and giving feedback, but it's been great to see so many people playing.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So... does the game kinda end (for now) after the second "study date" ? Or is it a bug ?
(Good game btw)
there's an official "no more content" sequence. (Well, no more timed story content; there's other actions, like MMA fights with Katie, reading, meeting Olivia, etc that can be done in any order; and will be available in act II as well)
1575072455079.png

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
I'm stuck here on Latest 0.1.18, Windows 10 Full HD windowed.
When I click on Sarah I only get this:

If I can provide with any more information, let me know how.

EDIT: I saved at that point and reloaded, and the dialogue showed correctly.

ronehjr

Aug 22, 2018
Right after I defeated the dog that came out of Torman's room, I could not do anything. Nothing I clicked worked.

4.60 star(s) 254 Votes