Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
Not sure if anyone mentioned that the gems you receive show up just fine. But when you move them into the first column the icons show but their name is still where the ? is located when you mouse over. You can't move then out of the first column but if you move another gem into its place and then move over to the ? You then can move that out of the way and presto there's the gem that was in the first column. I have ver 1.18 at this time. Still can't find the save file in my user folder but still looking. Also can't exit from the game in my room even if I click on main menu.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not sure if anyone mentioned that the gems you receive show up just fine. But when you move them into the first column the icons show but their name is still where the ? is located when you mouse over. You can't move then out of the first column but if you move another gem into its place and then move over to the ? You then can move that out of the way and presto there's the gem that was in the first column. I have ver 1.18 at this time. Still can't find the save file in my user folder but still looking. Also can't exit from the game in my room even if I click on main menu.
Yeah, I'm going to rewrite parts of that menu for Act2. Right now, you can click on the gem to return it, but there's no animation for that, and the ? tab looks less than sexy.

When you say you can't exit from the game in your room, you mean you open up the menu (esc or through the settings icon) and quit the game, it won't let you? That's a curious one; let me see if i can repro.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
PC build 0.1.21

This is an interim build for anyone that wants to test out the slice of life events. Right now all of them trigger with 100% probability past day 12 (3 in the bookstore, 1 in the cafe, 1 in the crowley); next build I'm dialing that back down to make it random.

Changelog since 0.1.18
Game thread updated.
Cheers

pklmjn

Oct 9, 2018
When you say you can't exit from the game in your room, you mean you open up the menu (esc or through the settings icon) and quit the game, it won't let you? That's a curious one; let me see if i can repro.
For me quit works fine but several other buttons do not: Main Menu, Credits (About then Credits works) and Memories.

Also found one typo:
Professor Sarah, during matriculation:
..., I will be doing a small format class for you lot specificially. -> specifically

When fighting the hellhound in Torman's office I started the fight with a flush (Katie's diamond as a gem), which resulted in an insta-kill of the dog. Game didn't break, but the resulting discussion with Doyle was somewhat strange.

Edit: v 0.1.21, Windows 10

Reactions: Droid Productions

Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
Yeah, I'm going to rewrite parts of that menu for Act2. Right now, you can click on the gem to return it, but there's no animation for that, and the ? tab looks less than sexy.

Yes escape didn't bring up anything if I remeber right. If I go through the settings Icon and click on the main menu I'm still in room and no menu shows up. I dl ver 1.21 yesterday and started new game. Didn't use a previous save. I should be able to get further into it later today and report back

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Wondering... in the current release, Is there any value or content associated with going to the bathroom location other than the first encounter with Chloe?
If not maybe it should effect it dialog of a date, if the MC does not "shower" first? :devilish:

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Played though to end of ACT1 again in PC v0.1.21 no new issues other than that placement of the opponents in the card battles gets wonky:

Snip20191205_1.png
PS I guess it is for battle practice, in the bedroom there is a card icon that brings up a choice of monsters to battle.
The icon gets overlaid when the stats window is opened. Screencap is from the Ceremonial Magic event with Molly.

QV

Nov 7, 2017
PS I guess it is for battle practice, in the bedroom there is a card icon that brings up a choice of monsters to battle.
The icon gets overlaid when the stats window is opened. Screencap is from the Ceremonial Magic event with Molly.
Where is the card icon in the bedroom? I don't see one....

QV

Nov 7, 2017
When fighting the hellhound in Torman's office I started the fight with a flush (Katie's diamond as a gem), which resulted in an insta-kill of the dog. Game didn't break, but the resulting discussion with Doyle was somewhat strange.

Edit: v 0.1.21, Windows 10
Just started a 0.1.21 replay and had the exact same thing, but with a four-of-a-kind on the first move. Also my image and the hellhounds were flipped (he was me and I was him.)

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
Yeah; I'm rewriting the anchor code now to make it cleaner. 0.1.21 is kinda midway through that.
I'm not complaining, you are doing a fantastic job!
I am just trying to help provide the information you need to fix these issues.
As for the mac savefiles, they must be named differently, as well as being buried in some other filepath...
I have searched my entire SSD and can't find them. I have tried searching for what should be the enclosing folders based on the names in the PC file path, and even run search on variations of the savefile name as listed for the PC and turned up nothing.
I'm sorry, I just can't find them. I am sure they would help a lot.
...and they were NOT in the location where I found other Unity game saves.
Unfortunately there appear to be a few different ways to set up the Unity savegame files.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The card icon only shows if you enable debug; CTRL+J. There's now a new icon in the bedroom (top right) that lets you play poker standalone. I was using it to test poker battles without the talking.

You can also use Debug mode to quickly ramp up your skills or cash(they're all editable). I've tried to keep grinding minimal (time is the limiting factor), but if anyone feels it's still too much, that's a quick way to skip ahead.

Last edited:

Badtanker63

Apr 14, 2019
I did a play through from start to finish with version 1.21. Finally was able to make it through all the scenes for ceremonial classes. I did have the Hellhound that you battle in the hallway switch places with mc in the battle and also the one who earlier showed the battle with the beast when you save Molly that is how it looked. gems are still doing their thing. The only other thing that I can remember is after the Hellhound fight and you and the guy who's the healer come back out to talk. just before Emily shows up her image will flicker real quick as your doing the dialogue with the healer then she appears.

Phoeniix

Oct 24, 2017
The card icon only shows if you enable debug; CTRL+J. There's now a new icon in the bedroom (top right) that lets you play poker standalone. I was using it to test poker battles without the talking.

You can also use Debug mode to quickly ramp up your skills or cash(they're all editable). I've tried to keep grinding minimal (time is the limiting factor), but if anyone feels it's still too much, that's a quick way to skip ahead.
As you can see from my earlier post, once you have enabled the debugger, even if only to look at stats like I did, the Poker icon stays...
I had closed and reopened from a saved game, without re-enabling the debugger.
Gotta go, last network defender class in the morning and Ethical Hacker starts Monday... I think my brain vomited on itself today... like trying to speedread the dictionary. :oops:

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, that is like a brand of shame; once enabled, never disabled :D

I'll fix it so it's disabled when you disable the debug menu (it's using a flag, which is why it's saved)

4.60 star(s) 257 Votes