Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a safeguard against conflicting events?
I also got meetups at night with both molly (fpr the ceremonial ass fucking) and bella - and then reloaded to make sure I don't walk into that. I assume one of the events would have been postponed until the next night?
Events don't overlap, no. There are some events that can take place across several different days; those I have to guard to prevent them from triggerin on the wrong dates.

Mar 21, 2018
So far I am really enjoying this game!

I looked on the front page and the strategy guide and they really don't go into gems much. Is it best to specialize and stick with one type of magic (fire, ice, lightning, etc.) or is there no benefit to doing so? Is is just "find the best gems available and plug n play"?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

I looked on the front page and the strategy guide and they really don't go into gems much. Is it best to specialize and stick with one type of magic (fire, ice, lightning, etc.) or is there no benefit to doing so? Is is just "find the best gems available and plug n play"?
You can certainly play it like that; at normal or easy difficulty that's all you need, really.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On gems; there's no 'one' solution; in Discord they've spent a lot of time arguing metas. Once you have the cash, and the improved gem shop opens up, there appears to be a few keys:

RAGE. The trick is that rage bonus damage is applied even if no damage is applied:
-Pure rage (build rage and do damage at the same time)
-Rage shield (build rage, and do damage, from the comfort of your fortress)
-Rage/Cluster (cluster gems hit 3x instead of 1x, thus doing 3x rage damage)

LIGHTNING. Lightning stuns, giving you free turns. The cost goes up fast, but that assumes they're alive for that.
-Pure lightning (try to keep the enemy stun-locked)
-Lightning/Damage (stun for free turns, use pure damage/cluster the rest of the time)
-Scatter a few lighting gems in an otherwise pure Poison/Fire Damage over Time deck for a few cheap shots

POISON. Great for shielded enemies, and builds fast on a good deck.

FIRE. Combine with Katie and the True Perfect Firegem quest to set the world on fire.

Those seem the dominant metas at the moment, which one is *best* depends on what companions you pick (the defensive ones tend to work better with DoT), where you are in the story (their skills evolve with stories and side-quests), and what gems you've gotten.

Hope that helps.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

Initially, just plug new ones in when they're better. Later on, build a gem set that matches your strategy; eventually the quartermaster gives you access to this private stock. Some like to use fire as it layers with Katie's. I'm partial to almost all cluster and a rage or two that I can generally trigger as I wish.

greggus

Jul 18, 2017
i confirm black rose 2 situation. Similar to freee - when flag is check, night is again blocked.
New run on latest version.

pstear

May 21, 2020
Initially, just plug new ones in when they're better. Later on, build a gem set that matches your strategy; eventually the quartermaster gives you access to this private stock. Some like to use fire as it layers with Katie's. I'm partial to almost all cluster and a rage or two that I can generally trigger as I wish.
Sound advice . Remember that the most common attack to trigger is the pair . When you get the first gems from Katie , the most powerful to my mind is poison . Putting this in the pair slot is a good start , then learn as you go along .

Mar 21, 2018
I'm in Act II right now and doing well.

A few suggestions for the game so far:

Katie's damage and Dylan's heals don't seem to scale enough with time. I have a high Charisma. At the beginning of Act I, Katie does God like damage compared to the player and then doesn't scale up enough to make her worth it towards the end of Act II. The same problem with Dylan. His heals need to scale up better throughout the game. I'm playing on the recommended difficulty level.

Katie's sex scene (I've only had one so far after I beat her in a duel), is way too brief and disappointing. I know it is just a quick hookup but it kind of goes like this:

-Fuck her
-She has three orgasms
-Player cums
-Done

I highly recommend doing more than this and making it eye catching and more erotic. I'm hoping further sex scenes with her are more involved and meaningful.

This probably won't happen but I think her name is Chloe by default. I changed her name to Chanel which I like a lot better.
Love of Magic - Chanel.jpg

I'm hoping to get her in some fun and interesting sexual encounters but nothing so far.

A few more side quests would be welcomed (not connected to the main story per say).

I'm in Act II and have only been able to duel with Katie once. It keeps saying that I still have claw marks on my back that need to heal. Evokers heal really fast. Why block further duels? You could do a lot of sex bets with these! It would be epic!

This game is brilliant! I am really impressed with the detail and gameplay!

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019

Katie's damage and Dylan's heals don't seem to scale enough with time. I have a high Charisma. At the beginning of Act I, Katie does God like damage compared to the player and then doesn't scale up enough to make her worth it towards the end of Act II. The same problem with Dylan. His heals need to scale up better throughout the game. I'm playing on the recommended difficulty level.

Katie's sex scene (I've only had one so far after I beat her in a duel), is way too brief and disappointing. I know it is just a quick hookup but it kind of goes like this:

-Fuck her
-She has three orgasms
-Player cums
-Done

I highly recommend doing more than this and making it eye catching and more erotic. I'm hoping further sex scenes with her are more involved and meaningful.

This probably won't happen but I think her name is Chloe by default. I changed her name to Chanel which I like a lot better.
View attachment 798275

I'm hoping to get her in some fun and interesting sexual encounters but nothing so far.

A few more side quests would be welcomed (not connected to the main story per say).

I'm in Act II and have only been able to duel with Katie once. It keeps saying that I still have claw marks on my back that need to heal. Evokers heal really fast. Why block further duels? You could do a lot of sex bets with these! It would be epic!

This game is brilliant! I am really impressed with the detail and gameplay!
I agree about Katie. Especially now that her heavy blast is once a trip without using a rest stop to recharge.
Dylan does scale up when he gets the regen spell. He's the one constant on my team since he's the only remedy for poison damage. Once he has regen, he generally sits around doing nothing. I used to use Molly in preference to Dylan, but with the addition of more poison users, it isn't optimal any more.

Chloe has a couple of scenes attached to specific outfits you can buy her and taking showers.

Mar 21, 2018
I agree about Katie. Especially now that her heavy blast is once a trip without using a rest stop to recharge.
Dylan does scale up when he gets the regen spell. He's the one constant on my team since he's the only remedy for poison damage. Once he has regen, he generally sits around doing nothing. I used to use Molly in preference to Dylan, but with the addition of more poison users, it isn't optimal any more.

Chloe has a couple of scenes attached to specific outfits you can buy her and taking showers.
I haven't really seen any Chloe content yet for sex. I'm somewhere in Act II. I haven't seen any options for buying outfits for her.

Molly still isn't a potential fighting partner in my game yet. I think I have all the others: Katie, Chloe, Dylan, Bella, Emily

Reactions: sillyrobot

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
I haven't really seen any Chloe content yet for sex. I'm somewhere in Act II. I haven't seen any options for buying outfits for her.

Molly still isn't a potential fighting partner in my game yet. I think I have all the others: Katie, Chloe, Dylan, Bella
D'oh! I meant to write Emily!!!! Molly and Bella are my other two go-tos.

Chloe's first sex scene is the day you arrive (maybe the next day -- real early anyway)!

Mar 21, 2018
A few more suggestions:

You could do a lot with the bouncer content. For example, when the player is being the bar bouncer, a female fae power comes in and Chloe is super worried about her causing trouble. Chloe hasn't given the player any opportunities to fuck her yet. The fae could sense the sexual tension between you two and take you into your bedroom, a backroom, or Chloe's bedroom and make you do sexual things together to toy with them. During the introduction of this female fae power (don't remember her name sorry) it says they love to toy with people lesser than themselves which is nearly everyone. This could add some fun BDSM content between the player and Chloe.

I don't know how the story progresses since I haven't finished the current content but perhaps this sparks a few ideas...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Idle speculation time: Is Chloe more likely to be Bastet or Morgan le Fay?
Chloe feels more like someone who plays her game from the shadows and not a godess herself, so likely neither, though the Morgan idea sounds like fun and we might meet her in future of course. Chloe seems to be more a pretty old (hope she did not hear me :p) and powerful servant of whatever it is the voices stand for. Her high priestess in a way.

pstear

May 21, 2020
A few more suggestions:

You could do a lot with the bouncer content. For example, when the player is being the bar bouncer, a female fae power comes in and Chloe is super worried about her causing trouble. Chloe hasn't given the player any opportunities to fuck her yet. The fae could sense the sexual tension between you two and take you into your bedroom, a backroom, or Chloe's bedroom and make you do sexual things together to toy with them. During the introduction of this female fae power (don't remember her name sorry) it says they love to toy with people lesser than themselves which is nearly everyone. This could add some fun BDSM content between the player and Chloe.

I don't know how the story progresses since I haven't finished the current content but perhaps this sparks a few ideas...
The key thing is that you are not that far into the game if you are in Act II . There is a lot more content . One thing to remember is that Droid is a one person operation , the game has a lot of different things in it and people are constantly wanting everything expanding ( Yes I am guilty of this ! ) To be fair , a wide range of different elements are being constantly improved , including the bouncer content .

PS More Katie please ........

Reactions: Droid Productions

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I feel kinda sad that Sarah got "fridged". I get she wasn't that big a character but she was at least interesting. It felt like there was only one interaction with her and then that was it.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
What triggers character images showing in combat?
Was was about to ask if we ever see Bella in armour, besides in the Gallery where I found that image, and then she suddenly popped up when calling upon her - every time, for one fight.
Then again not.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

To level up Dylan's heal, bring him and Emily to Elsewhere, then chat to him at the fireside.
For Katie, there is a very special gem for sale at the Quartermaster... now what kind of gem would a girl like Katie like?

Molly still isn't a potential fighting partner in my game yet. I think I have all the others: Katie, Chloe, Dylan, Bella, Emily
Chloe has a sex (well, handjob) scene on Day 1. Apart from that there are 2 sex scenes later, unlocked by buying her clothes from the PC (tied to date).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes