tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
And with that, 1.0.1 is up and the thread updated. Enjoy the complete story of Book 1: The Crown.

I now need to work out what I do, thread wise, with Book 2. New thread, continue this one, etc. Thoughts?
Bro how many books have u planned in total?
Never mind. Got the answer from reading the thread :)

Reactions: Droid Productions

tombeir

Oct 9, 2018
It's planned for ~15 chapters, but only 3 books (separate EXEs); Book 1 is 6 chapters. It's not an infinite game; it has a clearly planned story-arch and ending. That was something I set down for myself at the very beginning; I didn't want to keep writing this until I grew tired of the world. The characters deserve closure, and an end to the story.
Will we have an ending with each if the different love interests or something like that? Can we choose who we end up with?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Will we have an ending with each if the different love interests or something like that? Can we choose who we end up with?
It's a single story, harem with a primary love interest. Like all great Fantasy stories, it's a trilogy ;) You're stuck with the principal LI, the story of the two of them is the arch that carries the games. But you can mostly decide to what degree you'll interact with the other characters.

It's not a pure sandbox, the biggest inspiration is Persona (4/5), so there's a central story-arch that advances regardless of what you do. Some days have unique events, other days are free and easy for you to spend getting to know people, doing side-quests, reading books, or spending some time honing your combat skills.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Does anyone know what this new update is about i thought book 1 already ended??
It's all the little things that take the game from "story complete" to "game complete". Achievements, bug-fixes, typos, rebalancing combat, etc. I also added two new events (you can play from day 113, using the Load from Day, if you want to just look at that), which are triggered by working at the Crowley in the evenings, after Emily and Bella leaves.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's all the little things that take the game from "story complete" to "game complete". Achievements, bug-fixes, typos, rebalancing combat, etc. I also added two new events (you can play from day 113, using the Load from Day, if you want to just look at that), which are triggered by working at the Crowley in the evenings, after Emily and Bella leaves.
Congratulations on finishing book I. My advice is also to stick to this thread, besides not having to worry about fans migrating over it also has the advantage to be more manageable for you. If make a new thread you will have people posting in both threads that you would have to follow.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
So i downloaded the update and extracted it and loaded my last save which was the book 1 end screen so when i load it the game ends there not able to play the update??
All that was updated was certain parts of Book 1, so there won't be anything to play after that end-game save. You can load a previous save from earlier in the game though. Use one from Day 110 or so and play to the end, you'll see 2 new events in the Crowley if you work the first shift there each night.

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
Hey first of all I want to say a big thank you to the author/dev for working on this fantastic tale of love and magic. It is one of the best examples of this kind of story/genre and what it can showcase.

So the other thing I have is a question: I have currently completed Act 4. Is it worth it to replay with all the fixes and changes you made in the last 2 versions releases or do I just continue to the end of the current story?

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I would prefer separate executables and separate threads for Book 2 and Book 3 Droid Productions. You can post a continuation link of Book 2 Thread on this (renamed as Book1) thread :)
I'm kinda thinking along these lines - imagine the headache of people asking for support and having to determine *which* game / book they're playing first.

A couple more threads with links to each other seems much cleaner to me.

cappila

May 5, 2017
In my opinion, you should keep it all in this thread. If you want to have some inspiration on how to structure the 1st post, look to games like Dating my Daughter, Pine Falls, Double Homework or as mentioned before Daughter for Dessert. You risk that people get confused about where to find the game, and misses that there is a part one or two. You also lose the votes and rating of this thread, whereas, if you keep everything in this thread, at some point, it will probably rise to one of the top spots on the site. You just need to keep the versioning of the game as "Book 2: v0.0.2" or something like it in the future.

As far as the support comment a few posts earlier, I do have a quick suggestion: I personally think the file name should have the name "book 1" in it and not just the current version number. Or else I agree that some people would quickly be confused.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
So the other thing I have is a question: I have currently completed Act 4. Is it worth it to replay with all the fixes and changes you made in the last 2 versions releases or do I just continue to the end of the current story?
It clearly depends on how much you like this game. I personally did about 6 or 7 playthroughs for story (best ever !), and some dozens just for fighting in Elswere (EW) ;) But this everyone decides for himself ...
Oh, thats a pity. If you really like the card game AND story, and still refuse it ?? May I ask you: There is never a time where you are not extremly horny and where you can enjoy cards and story ?? (btw, I really like the sex content, later in the game it gets even better and better...)

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes