Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So, the first book is complete with save function added... Hmm... I will play it again after second book is out...
Almost complete. I've added 57 new achievements, lots of little bug-fixes and I'm working on the Kath House Kafe series (first one made it into beta today). I'll likely do another 2-3 of those, and a last sex scene (probably Katie/Bella; Katie's been neglected, poor thing).

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Almost complete. I've added 57 new achievements, lots of little bug-fixes and I'm working on the Kath House Kafe series (first one made it into beta today). I'll likely do another 2-3 of those, and a last sex scene (probably Katie/Bella; Katie's been neglected, poor thing).
Did you ever figure out Valery not appearing the first time? I can give you a save on Day 74, at night, in Crowley, with her not being there. Linux version. Debug mode logs say something about invalid spine but I have no idea what it means. Or even if it means anything, logs don't change if I switch between Crowley and city map. Fuck, at that rate I should probably sign up for Patreon

Oh well, I just tried but Patreon disabled my account immediately after creating it. Like wtf did I do? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did you ever figure out Valery not appearing the first time? I can give you a save on Day 74, at night, in Crowley, with her not being there. Linux version. Debug mode logs say something about invalid spine but I have no idea what it means. Or even if it means anything, logs don't change if I switch between Crowley and city map. Fuck, at that rate I should probably sign up for Patreon

Oh well, I just tried but Patreon disabled my account immediately after creating it. Like wtf did I do? :rolleyes:
Will check tomorrow, thx!

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did you ever figure out Valery not appearing the first time? I can give you a save on Day 74, at night, in Crowley, with her not being there. Linux version.
Found it. It was set to only trigger if day was <1. I suspect what happened was that I was in mid-editing to lock it if day < 100 (to stop it from popping after the Strangest Pub sequence), got distracted by something else on fire and left it there. Fixed.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

And it's ready for Steam launch. That'll mark the end of Book 1, and free me up to fork the game (trimming out the old content that's not coming along) and start working on Book 2. Since it's going on Steam, it'll also mean the end of the free version on Itch.io and GameJolt; the Steam agreement explicitly says no undercutting them on other platforms.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
if any of my fellow streamers from goohshi happen to find this comment here and are lost, we're still around we just dont really have a new home yet. we may have been screwed over but we built a community there and wont go down easily. if any game devs find this message, dont worry we'll be back to playing your games eventually so dont give up on us just yet :)
Let me know if you find any good locations. Last I checked, seemed the best option, but the community is a bit different.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions
BTW... The wiki says many characters got upgrade skill... Especially Katie.... Is it actually in the game?
Yes, though some of them are in the 1.0.0 builds on Discord, not yet in the 0.6.22b build here.

Katie's got the widest range of updates (as she has multiple tiers of transitions), but a lot of the characters have updates, mostly upgraded by bringing them to Elsewhere and talking to them there. Dylan, Emily and Katie especially... bring those three with you and talk to them late in the game and they unlock a lot of stuff. Dylan and Emily are the spark 'technicians' in the party; they're the ones that actually understand the theory and logic of Magic. Katie (and to a far greater extent MC) are primarily intuitive; they're less about calculating an outcome and more about grabbing a bunch of power and flinging it at whatever they want to kill.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes, though some of them are in the 1.0.0 builds on Discord, not yet in the 0.6.22b build here.

Katie's got the widest range of updates (as she has multiple tiers of transitions), but a lot of the characters have updates, mostly upgraded by bringing them to Elsewhere and talking to them there. Dylan, Emily and Katie especially... bring those three with you and talk to them late in the game and they unlock a lot of stuff. Dylan and Emily are the spark 'technicians' in the party; they're the ones that actually understand the theory and logic of Magic. Katie (and to a far greater extent MC) are primarily intuitive; they're less about calculating an outcome and more about grabbing a bunch of power and flinging it at whatever they want to kill.
Fooh Sir, Katie is all about finesse and technique when she wants to set something on fire, the gall of suggesting she enjoys doing as much damage as she possibly can. :p

But yeah I was wondering since noone is either capable or prepared to take out some time to teach MC some serious control, whether that evil plot of Merlin might have also contained some crash course in magic left behind in his tower for chapter 2. MC might need a bit more control with all the power he is accumulating. :ROFLMAO: :devilish:

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes