Maduck187

Feb 19, 2020
Sounds like something I need to check out, yeah. Thanks for the heads up.

One of the many reasons I want to split the books into different EXEs is just to simplify debugging... at 8-12 hrs core gameplay it's already a challenge to fully test the game for public releases, even with the amazing team of beta testers and supporters on Discord helping out.
I'm just glad you're active over here and receptive to constructive criticism. Keep up the great work!

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Bella has gotten that kind of upgrade, yeah... the very early builds didn't have her, and a lot of people missed her. I added three things to fix that:

1.Added more night time actions for Grassmarket (curries at the Khukuri, drinking and slice of life events at Grassmarket). I'd taught the player there's nothing to do there, which of course makes people not look there
2. He'll also talk to himself, a day or two after she's first available there, if he hasn't met her yet, saying "I should hit the grassmarket"
3. Finally, the follow-up meeting used to be just timed off the first meeting; I changed that so it became an Email, telling the player that she'd love to meet up with him later.

I could certainly add more little guides for that kind of stuff. Obviously that kind of thing doesn't have retroactive effect, and it's problem that I end up liking little side-characters enough that they get promoted into the main story (Bella, for example, was never supposed to be more than a side-character... I fell for her pretty fast, and so needed to make sure she was fully integrated). Similarly for Val and Matthew.
I just can't wait till Kath becomes more than a side character...

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just can't wait till Kath becomes more than a side character...
While prepping the game for Steam launch I'm also tinkering with some renders and side-stories for what's called the Kath House Kafe, events that play out between the time Emily and Bella go to Camelot, and them returning for Hogmanay.

QV

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, using the debug interface to jump around can definitely screw up progression. When you get an "OK" message, that usually means "there was at one point a conversation here, but it wasn't marked replayable, and you've already had that conversation line".

The other thing that can really screw up savegames is playing the beta builds from discord, since those will set the savegame as "act VI has started", even if it's not done yet. I kind of build forward, so the first conversations I wrote for Act VI was day 97 night, day 98, etc. At that point it's possible to run forward to day 115, but there's no way to rewind, since it's passed the last checkpoint. If you let us know what the last Act you played was, someone likely has an "End of Act XX" savegame they can share; then just change the names in the computer to be what you're happy with and keep playing from there.
I'm not sure I did any of that, but no worries. Enough in the early game has changed that I was considering a replay anyway. Seems just as good a time as any. Thanks!

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm not sure I did any of that, but no worries. Enough in the early game has changed that I was considering a replay anyway. Seems just as good a time as any. Thanks!
Yeah, one of the goals was that playing the game from day 1 by the end of Act V (well, turned out to be Act VI, since I'd underestimated how dense Act V/VI would become) would be a very different experience than playing the very first Act I release.

pstear

May 21, 2020
Just been having some idle thoughts

Elsewhere tactics are very different at the start when you have limited options . If you take Akane you get Kitsune which leaves you one slot normally for a defensive character like Dylan . Which is another reason Akane is not popular .

The one character that gets very little mention here is the demon spawn Kitsune . She is certainly one of the weakest . The thought I had was would she be more use if she could turn a Shrine into a Rest opportunity . This would help balance things on the defensive side .

As it is she is not much use , unless the intention is that she gets eaten by something large !

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just been having some idle thoughts

Elsewhere tactics are very different at the start when you have limited options . If you take Akane you get Kitsune which leaves you one slot normally for a defensive character like Dylan . Which is another reason Akane is not popular .

The one character that gets very little mention here is the demon spawn Kitsune . She is certainly one of the weakest . The thought I had was would she be more use if she could turn a Shrine into a Rest opportunity . This would help balance things on the defensive side .

As it is she is not much use , unless the intention is that she gets eaten by something large !
You'd be surprised; Kitsune actually gets lots of love in the beginning. Her problem is that she doesn't scale over time the way Bella does. Now, having said that, she gets a level up at Midburgh (if you look at her pictures before and after midburgh you should notice a difference). So that should probably be represented.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
And the final Game of Friends of Book 1 is live. Steam build has been submitted, 56 new achievements are in, as are two new Card Backs (Katie in her General's Armor, and Kath, unlocking at Katie's knighting and the Kath House Kafe respectively), and the gems have gotten a major tuning pass. Once Steam's out I'll finish up Kath House Kafe, and likely do a Bella/Katie scene, before officially declaring this game done :)

Retor

Apr 7, 2020
And the final Game of Friends of Book 1 is live. Steam build has been submitted, 56 new achievements are in, as are two new Card Backs (Katie in her General's Armor, and Kath, unlocking at Katie's knighting and the Kath House Kafe respectively), and the gems have gotten a major tuning pass. Once Steam's out I'll finish up Kath House Kafe, and likely do a Bella/Katie scene, before officially declaring this game done :)

Hope we get an X64 build too :)

Reactions: Droid Productions

paradroid

Sep 19, 2020
I have just finished book 1 and have really enjoyed it, cannot wait until the next part is released. I know that I have missed parts of the story (I know for a fact that I haven't done some of the Black Rose Story, I got as far as the Cafe opening late and could seem to progress further) but what I've played holds together well.

Looking forward to to the future (I'm really looking forward to the MC telling his Mother that he's a god!)

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
oh, one more thing. is there some kind of combat log I can send? I think I just had a Royal Flush trigger instead of Straight Flush, not that I'm complaining
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
So, the first book is complete with save function added... Hmm... I will play it again after second book is out...

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes