Apr 6, 2018
Wait... Black_rose3 is set, but you never had Black Rose 1 happen? How on *earth* did that happen.

Pass me a save, I'll check it out.
Just disabled the flag, and voila, a flower appeared. I have no idea how that could have happened. In renpy games, I would have frantically grepped for the flag being set...

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Best way to make money is hitting Elsewhere; once you start mowing down poor innocent creatures of Elsewhere in industrial lots you level up (gaining stats) gain gems and cash quite easily.

I didn't want to force that, since some people really aren't into the poker game, but that's the easiest way to gain power without cheating. It's also the canon approach; MC levels up, and drags the rest of them along with him.

As an aside, even if you *don't* fight in Elsewhere, there's a ton of events you trigger at the rest stop, shrine and treasure. So it's still worth doing.

Swordsmanship is used for unlocking an event with Emily, and various characters (mostly X) will make comments about your progress throughout book 1. In Book 2, using the sword will become a combat thing, which charges in similar ways to the allies.
Thanks for the response. I didn't mind the poker game but thank goodness that there was an auto feature because I don't know how to play poker but I liked the strategy that went into it with the effects of different gems and companions. On a side note was it really 50 and I was one point away? Another question does INT value affect the amount of damage the magic attacks do? So I could have stopped at like what 15 for the swordmanship?

dboura

Aug 4, 2019
I thought the 3 was mentioned only to chosen and not just lovers/future lovers. For instance Bella's sister, I can't remember her name right now, could be considered a lover/harem member but not a chosen. So I'm still hoping the MC's mother becomes a lover/harem member because to me she is the hottest of them all.
I wouldn't necessarily count Katie as a harem member, more along the line of friends with benefits. While she has shown some romantic interest towards the MC, due to his relationship to Emily, it appears, she keeps it to just that. She doesn't really have the devotion sexually that the chosen have. Remember, even though he has offered the chosen to have sexual interest outside of their pact, well except for Molly, they refuse and devote themselves to the MC in a marital way. Katie doesn't and even admits to not be able to be such due to her being an Evoker. The closest to a 4th member of a harem would be Jenny, but theirs appears to be more of a dom/sub fling than an actual devoted harem member.

Harem in reference to kingdoms requires a devotion aspect, whether consented or enslaved, not just sex. Else even Chloe, possibly, would be considered a member.

As to lovers and side flings, with exception to Jenny, and possible Chloe, both of which Emily doesn't appear knowledgeable of, she pretty much just gave the OK to companions, meaning Kitsune and Katie on top of the Chosen, at this point. If I remember right, I think she even made a defining joke about not having the women of Camelot into his harem. :LOL:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks for the response. I didn't mind the poker game but thank goodness that there was an auto feature because I don't know how to play poker but I liked the strategy that went into it with the effects of different gems and companions. On a side note was it really 50 and I was one point away? Another question does INT value affect the amount of damage the magic attacks do? So I could have stopped at like what 15 for the swordmanship?
I'd need to crack the old project up to check; somewhere in that region.

Int does secondary damage modification ( how much fire/poison/ice/shield damage you do); an INT build would want to pound on the secondary, while a STR build would want to pound on the cluster/damage/pierce and rage attacks.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I wouldn't necessarily count Katie as a harem member, more along the line of friends with benefits. While she has shown some romantic interest towards the MC, due to his relationship to Emily, it appears, she keeps it to just that. She doesn't really have the devotion sexually that the chosen have. Remember, even though he has offered the chosen to have sexual interest outside of their pact, well except for Molly, they refuse and devote themselves to the MC in a marital way. Katie doesn't and even admits to not be able to be such due to her being an Evoker. The closest to a 4th member of a harem would be Jenny, but theirs appears to be more of a dom/sub fling than an actual devoted harem member.

Harem in reference to kingdoms requires a devotion aspect, whether consented or enslaved, not just sex. Else even Chloe, possibly, would be considered a member.

As to lovers and side flings, with exception to Jenny, and possible Chloe, both of which Emily doesn't appear knowledgeable of, she pretty much just gave the OK to companions, meaning Kitsune and Katie on top of the Chosen, at this point. If I remember right, I think she even made a defining joke about not having the women of Camelot into his harem. :LOL:
Well it's still only book 1 and the development is still underway so we will see how the story develops. For some characters like Katie it would be weird I guess if right now in book 1 she was suddenly in love like the others. Due to her personality it would need to progress naturally over the course of the story for it to be believable. But I do agree she does definitely show romantic interests especially after she found out he was still alive. Similarly for girls like Chloe and some others the relationship would need to develop more, but I think it could happen if we are given that option. Well in terms of the harem and the way the story progresses if there are more choices and they have more weight to them we could see varying relationships develop alongside the main story. In terms of that I will just take them all and make them my harem members!!!

Last edited:

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
I'd need to crack the old project up to check; somewhere in that region.

Int does secondary damage modification ( how much fire/poison/ice/shield damage you do); an INT build would want to pound on the secondary, while a STR build would want to pound on the cluster/damage/pierce and rage attacks.
Hmm interesting on my initial run I had like a final score of 54 STR, 51 INT and 49 CHR. So I guess I was an all rounder?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The central arch of the trilogy is MC's love for Emily; get in the way of that and you'll get squashed. Katie, with all her talents and abilities, will need to deal with a world where she is NOT the center of attraction.

It'll be interesting to write. The world might be ending, but people will be people

N7Shepard

Mar 19, 2019
Just finished Book One and thought it was great!
I do have a question for transferring saves to Book Two however, is there going to be some way to play Book Two without having to replay all of the first one if you lose your saves? I lost my saves can someone give me a full save seems to be one of the most common things I see one these forums after someone just saying When Update.
Since it's still fairly early in the development maybe something along the lines of the comic book type opening they made for Mass Effect 2 for player who hadn't played 1 that recaps the story from the first Book and lets you choose which choices you made.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just finished Book One and thought it was great!
I do have a question for transferring saves to Book Two however, is there going to be some way to play Book Two without having to replay all of the first one if you lose your saves? I lost my saves can someone give me a full save seems to be one of the most common things I see one these forums after someone just saying When Update.
Since it's still fairly early in the development maybe something along the lines of the comic book type opening they made for Mass Effect 2 for player who hadn't played 1 that recaps the story from the first Book and lets you choose which choices you made.
Yeah, it's very much inspired from ME2, actually :)

Essentially it does 3 things:
- When you start, it'll check if there's an act6.sav file (the end of book 1 save), and if so it will give you the option to use that
- If you chose not to, it will guide you through a quick pre-fit character, levelling you up and giving you appropriate equipment
- Regardless of this, it'll give a recap of book 1; some people only play complete games and, looking at book1, it's ~1 year between those. You forget stuff. There's someone important in your life that's going to demand being brought up to spec, which helps explain the world in-game terms (and for people who know the *actual* story, will hopefully be amusing as MC twists and turns, telling the truth while... glossing over... certain aspects of it).

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
The central arch of the trilogy is MC's love for Emily; get in the way of that and you'll get squashed. Katie, with all her talents and abilities, will need to deal with a world where she is NOT the center of attraction.

It'll be interesting to write. The world might be ending, but people will be people
You painted a pretty solid picture of Katie with her Bellanoch origin... watching sheep, fucking, watching the paint dry, fucking sheep, etc.
Katie's friendship goes beyond loyalty. True, she might have developed romantic feelings for MC over time but she would never allow them to get between him and Emily.
Emily, the harem, and friends with benefits dynamics are working pretty harmoniously.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You painted a pretty solid picture of Katie with her Bellanoch origin... watching sheep, fucking, watching the paint dry, fucking sheep, etc.
Katie's friendship goes beyond loyalty. True, she might have developed romantic feelings for MC over time but she would never allow them to get between him and Emily.
Emily, the harem, and friends with benefits dynamics are working pretty harmoniously.
Thing is I suspect it will be Emily in the end that will move things along between Katie and MC. MC is too dense and Katie to torn between her love and loyalties (it is quite clear Katie feels more as just friendship by now for MC and Bella confirmed it). Katie is too major an asset for Emily, who also seems to be aware of her feelings not to steer MC to her and even if she was not a major asset, Emily considers her a friend and well with his chosen she knows that MC's destiny also asks from her some unusual solutions and duties like sharing MC. :p

Reactions: Adry Lemon and bosp

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Pretty sure that was intended. Katie knows that Emily is at least OK with his dalliances, but within limits.

She says as much at the end of their steamy scene (after you rescue her from the farm, iirc) saying, in effect, "I'd ask you to spend the night, but I think that would be pushing Emily's limits about this".

pstear

May 21, 2020
Personally I prefer games with a variety of different characters rather than everyone just doing what the player wants

To me Katie works best as someone who is fiercely independent . Not sure that the mystical side of Akane is not underdeveloped .

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Now that I'm busy writing book 2, I decided to sit down and make a teaser for it. It touches on the key new aspects of the game; kingdom management, allies, your army, and the need to become truly the Winter King. MC's days of being a deadbeat student in Edinburgh are coming to an end.

Kaliba

Jun 24, 2017
I really like the game.

I just wish that the pictures weren't so 'blurry'. Im at Day 51 so maybe things improve, i noticed that some of the character faces (bottom left corner) are sharper.

There are not a lot of non template/special images in the game, so it would be really nice if the 'few' would have a higher quality. Also because the game is story, music and gameplay wise top notch.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I really like the game.

I just wish that the pictures weren't so 'blurry'. Im at Day 51 so maybe things improve, i noticed that some of the character faces (bottom left corner) are sharper.

There are not a lot of non template/special images in the game, so it would be really nice if the 'few' would have a higher quality. Also because the game is story, music and gameplay wise top notch.
That's curious; most stuff should be at 1080p resolution. Which platform are you on? I do drop resolution on Android to keep it playing properly on older handphones.

Kaliba

Jun 24, 2017
Im playing on pc and have overall no issues, i think its just the rendering.

E.g.:

The face of MC (Bottom left corner, left of the text box) look really clean/sharp and good, in contrast to the picture of Katies face. The demon lord (battle) and Thorman also look sharper and cleaner.

Meanwhile i feel like there is a small quality drop at the special images (e.g. tentacle Molly).
With the picture of MC's Mom, Chloe and mysterious father being the worst contender.

mmmm maybe im just petty? Or is there a difference between these examples?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes