crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
In truth I either missed this one or haven't come across it yet. 1st playthrough and still in early Act IV I think.
Ah, that's from Act 6. I probably should learn to use spoilers

Well maybe I am a bit too strict and it might limit you more as you would wish too and if so just do what you want, but I think that his chosen should conform in some way to that vision MC had about the people he would need to help and support him. Well at least since this game does not seem incest driven, we will not have to worry about his Mom becoming a chosen. (Not saying whether I think that is a good thing or a bad thing. :p)

Kath may well tick all the boxes though and also have that sympathy factor of saving her, if she also has that enhanced metabolism that would shorten her life. :)
Still not sure who "Your hearing is flawed. You must find the one that can track your prey" refers to. It's not Bella because Bella is "the one that will follow the trail", the only one who makes sense now is Molly but then there's a separate line for the voices, although "You must trust the one that will help you understand" is definitely about Chloe. And that line is missing from Droid's video which makes me think it's someone we didn't see in the first 3 acts

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I didn't put them together as Morrigan's Aspect. I can see Chloe as the Crone to a point though.

In truth I either missed this one or haven't come across it yet. 1st playthrough and still in early Act IV I think.
Well it becomes easier to see the crone in Chloe with the last part of book 1 where you get some info on her background and whom she is/was. It also confirmed some suspicions I had about the voices and other role MC or one close to him may have. :)

Just as Molly is not a regular maiden in some ways, Chloe is not your average Crone. :p

Reactions: dboura and Rolo

Pebble

Jun 19, 2017
Is there a way to replay old scenes or something? I also can't seem to find Bella in the town or have the fight with Katie again.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is there a way to replay old scenes or something? I also can't seem to find Bella in the town or have the fight with Katie again.
There's a memories section in Settings and on your computer, but that doesn't allow you to rewind / redo. I changed Bella's appearance so she now sends you an email 2 days after you meet her and Katie at the Grassmarket at Night (after day 18, I believe). Katie's fight is over when you win; I'll likely revisit that idea in Book 2... get some challenge between Evoker powers.

lazeryth

Jun 6, 2017
I understand this is probably not an Intended Feature - but I really like the Debug Mode - I enjoyed this story enough to want to play it again - and so i have a couple of times actually - and using debug to bring my Gems and Stats along for the ride makes it like an Unofficial New game + (Sure it more or less destroys the Game Balance but i beat it on the hardest difficulty) So a little game breaking doesnt bother me at this point - Plus NG+ is one of my favorite things in games - i wouldn't mine an official NG+ at some point i would assume with Debug Mode already in the game it would be a fairly simple thing to add to the game but not being a developer - that is purely speculation. regardless the game is amazing - ill probably keep running through it every few months until the next book is ready - Lord knows what stats ill send up transferring to the 2nd book - lol

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I understand this is probably not an Intended Feature - but I really like the Debug Mode - I enjoyed this story enough to want to play it again - and so i have a couple of times actually - and using debug to bring my Gems and Stats along for the ride makes it like an Unofficial New game + (Sure it more or less destroys the Game Balance but i beat it on the hardest difficulty) So a little game breaking doesnt bother me at this point - Plus NG+ is one of my favorite things in games - i wouldn't mine an official NG+ at some point i would assume with Debug Mode already in the game it would be a fairly simple thing to add to the game but not being a developer - that is purely speculation. regardless the game is amazing - ill probably keep running through it every few months until the next book is ready - Lord knows what stats ill send up transferring to the 2nd book - lol
Debug menu's totally intended :D

I'm a big fan of affordance as a game design principle, that the player knows better than the designer how they should be playing the game, and as far as the story and the mechanics can support it, the designer should allow them to play it how they're comfortable. Some people want a pure-ish VN, with no pressure, and I give the option to do that. Some people want ultra-difficulty and super challenging Elsewhere combat, and so I try to add that option. The debug menu is a key part of me trying to make that happen :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions

Just finished Book I and I am very impressed. Music heavily pulls the mood towards the heavier scenes. Pulled great emotional hype and feeling of being a part of the characters. The storytelling was awesome so far.
Glad you liked it :)

I'm cleaning up the and getting started on Act VII (Book2's first Act). First build (with some of the new location, and the ability to import savegames from Book 1) is hopefully up this weekend; that'll take us through day 116, and get the player started on Book 2.

One nice thing about Steam is that it's bringing in millions of additional eyeballs that otherwise wouldn't have heard of the game. How many of those eyeballs are human/interested is an open question, but so far response has been really amazing.

Reactions: Rolo and dboura

dboura

Aug 4, 2019
Glad you liked it :)

I'm cleaning up the and getting started on Act VII (Book2's first Act). First build (with some of the new location, and the ability to import savegames from Book 1) is hopefully up this weekend; that'll take us through day 116, and get the player started on Book 2.

One nice thing about Steam is that it's bringing in millions of additional eyeballs that otherwise wouldn't have heard of the game. How many of those eyeballs are human/interested is an open question, but so far response has been really amazing.
Great! I was planning on adding it to my steam library after the holidays. The story well deserves it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Rolo

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Just out of curiosity: What strength do you need to sprint the whole way to Booker? When I had 79 I failed the final check. That beats Katie but not Bella.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
You failed to reach Booker ? Afaik everyone should reach him, coz there is no way to have a "game over".

Reactions: Real Kreten

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Just out of curiosity: What strength do you need to sprint the whole way to Booker? When I had 79 I failed the final check. That beats Katie but not Bella.
You failed to reach Booker ? Afaik everyone should reach him, coz there is no way to have a "game over".
No he just said he didn't have enough Str. for the last check while sprinting to Booker so had to walk slower for a bit.
Not sure what the last check was it's either 80 or 100 afaik. Also, you cannot beat Bella only Katie.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Not sure if this has ever been asked but any chance for action between the MC and his mother?
No. That's less to do with Patreon, and more just to do with the story and characters. The game does play around with these expectations in dialog, but that's mostly a nod to the incest game trend here on F95.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes