Kaliba

Jun 24, 2017
Yeah, all of those trigger if you shower *without* already having used your night slot to go drinking, working, etc.

Originally 'showering' was just another night action, but people were very specific about wanting to shower after working, so I set that up; for balancing purposes showering 'late night' doesn't give you any stat bonuses, or give you any of the optional sequences (two Chloe cosplay outfits, one with Snowdrop).
Who needs to shower and smell good, if you instead can read books and earn skill points at night once you seduce the barista :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Quick question.

Is the game completely linear?
Or do we get to choose from at least two ends?

"Choices shape your character, and your relationships with your companions."
I know that it should be obvious after this statement, but I don't see tag "multiple endings" anywhere.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
One example of a choice is: When you level up, you can decide between STR, INT, CHR. This opens different strategical options (with different characters of MC). For different options, different companions might be with you on the path (EW).

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
One example of a choice is: When you level up, you can decide between STR, INT, CHR. This opens different strategical options (with different characters of MC). For different options, different companions might be with you on the path (EW).
If all choices lead to the same results, then these are not real choices.
"Would you like to die on the gallows or under the guillotine?"

I'm not trying to criticize this game, I'm just pointing out what is known in today's games as "the illusion of choice".

Anyway, since you did not say directly that the game has at least two (if only slightly) different endings, i will assume that it is a completely linear game :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The main story is linear; there's a couple of key reasons for this (time definitely being one of them), but the big one is that there's a central story that is getting told... diluting it so I never know which one is 'canon' makes writing things properly hard. I like to put down foreshadowing, for example, but if the player has the option to avoid the event foreshadowed it'll be a much more sloppy technique.

You have a lot of side quests and events that you can chose to do, or not. Most of those have branching points, where you can chose the outcome you want from them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
I got up to January 3 reading some books, but then I was no longer to interact with anything.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Oh we can't just keep going like in previous updates?
Nope, sorry... this is the end of Book 1. With that release I launched it on Steam, and started work on Book 2: The War.
It's a new exe/build, which will load Act6.sav (the final savegame of Book 1) and continue from there. If you don't have a savegame it will optionally let you create a new character.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr. TotoJ

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Where can I find my saves?
PC: %USERPROFILE%/AppData/LocalLow/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Droid Productions/Love of Magic
Linux: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/unity3d/Droid Productions/Love of Magic

Android... depends :D

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Nope, sorry... this is the end of Book 1. With that release I launched it on Steam, and started work on Book 2: The War.
It's a new exe/build, which will load Act6.sav (the final savegame of Book 1) and continue from there. If you don't have a savegame it will optionally let you create a new character.
Weird, got to January 3 but no Act6.sav

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Hmm... it should generate it from after the fireworks sequence on Arthur's Seat New Year's Eve (just as it switches to the Star Wars inspired looping video).
Don't think I saw any video that I could call Star Wars-y. Might have to load save and look again.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes