Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I just updated the thread with 1.0.7b; this brings it up to parity with the Steam build.

Note that this release is *purely* bug-fixing. There's a bunch of little things that takes a game from "released" to "done"... it's not really glamorous work, but it needs doing, especially when you know you won't touch that codebase again. Hopefully with that out of the way, I can focus on Book 2.

As always... if you enjoyed the game, do consider supporting it on Patreon, buy it on Steam or leave a review for the next person that comes looking for an epic urban fantasy game! :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Great! Thank you for the care and your efforts, Droid! (y)
Btw, is there any chance to download the hotfix only? Or do we have to download the full version again?

Anyway, looking forward to Book 2 and the continuation of your awesome story and game!
Good luck and all my best to you for 2021!

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Great! Thank you for the care and your efforts, Droid! (y)
Btw, is there any chance to download the hotfix only? Or do we have to download the full version again?
I wish. The Steam update is ~50MB only. It's one reason I'm keeping the beta for Book 2 Steam only from now on, releasing only at the end of each act. It makes my life so much easier in terms of patching and supporting.

Once Act VII, We March, is ready, it'll show up here as usual.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
I wish the combat was just a simple turn based combat without cards. Can't understand why cards are required inside that mechanism.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I wish the combat was just a simple turn based combat without cards. Can't understand why cards are required inside that mechanism.
As Rolo says, I just wanted to make something different. I'm not a huge fan of old-school Japanese RPG combat mechanics, so the alternatives I looked at were either doing Shadowrun's type of turn-based strategy, or something more abstract. Having written it into the game, it kinda stuck; the themes of cards, and decks, Kings and Queens, kinda stuck.

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
so this is a harem game or a love triangle type? and is book 2 a continuation of the mc or same universe but different Mc?

Jul 28, 2020
Greetings friends. Just found out about this game, honestly it looks great and must have taken tremendous amount of effort to create. I usually don't bother with non-Ren'py games because they always create more problems than their worth so that is why i assume i missed this one. I will definitely try it out.

With that being said i wonder if this game was developed by a woman ? I don't know i can't quite explain why its just a feeling i got just from checking out the OP. Girls have that "classy" feel about them and the MC looks like the usual Chad from American TV shows. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it. I usually like my woman with massive cow tits and a gigantic butt but this is a nice change of pace. Everything looks... clean to say the least. Not every game has to be about mindbreak, people shitting themselves and golden shower you know.. So i hope you will be successful, wish you the best. Happy new years.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
so this is a harem game or a love triangle type? and is book 2 a continuation of the mc or same universe but different Mc?
Book 1 ends December 31st, Book 2 starts Jan 1st, same gang. A lot of it is just helping me add new systems without breaking existing ones.

As for whether it's a harem or a love triangle, it's... complicated. MC's got a girl he absolutely loves. And a harem. He's also got a best friend, who's not part of the harem, who loves him. So... they'll need to work that out in book 2 :D

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
With that being said i wonder if this game was developed by a woman ? I don't know i can't quite explain why its just a feeling i got just from checking out the OP. Girls have that "classy" feel about them and the MC looks like the usual Chad from American TV shows.
MC's a Chad with the potential for redemption :) I don't know about classy, but I try to write them as strong. If you're looking for 'dark' sexual content, this probably won't fit. It's more an epic story of a man that rises to become a god, surrounded by goddesses.

(And yes, I'm sadly a dude : D)

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Interesting, when I first saw the combat system my first reaction was "whoa, this is so cool, what an interesting idea!"
And then with companions it just got even more cool, so personally I really like the combat system.

I mean, let's pretend for a second that I don't like it, at the very least it strikes me as novel.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
With that being said i wonder if this game was developed by a woman ? I don't know i can't quite explain why its just a feeling i got just from checking out the OP. Girls have that "classy" feel about them ... Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with it. ... Everything looks... clean to say the least. Not every game has to be about mindbreak, people shitting themselves and golden shower you know.. ...
If you mean this as a compliment, I can agree somehow. ;) Nontheless, every one who is in closer communication to him on discord, agrees that he is a fine and "wellbehaving" family man with wife, child and dog ;).

Some say, that an important aim in life is - for a man - to integrate his female characteristics , and the other way round. And to me this game comes from a master of his skill and a very integrated person (just my personal impression ;).

Btw. there are some really good female artists (for graphics e.g.), like in "What a Legend".

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Interesting, when I first saw the combat system my first reaction was "whoa, this is so cool, what an interesting idea!"
And then with companions it just got even more cool, so personally I really the combat system.

I mean, let's pretend for a second that I don't like it, at the very least it strikes me as novel.
Hopefully you'll enjoy it. Some people really get into the combat system, and some have logged hundreds of hours into it. Others are purely into the VN parts. and I try to support that as well.

If you hate the sandbox nature: there's a built in cheat system (Ctrl+J, or accessible from settings), so you can edit every stat, cash, etc. Just... try not to go beyond 100 in STR/INT/CHR, or you might break some of the early enemies :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I can see beta branch on steam, it is book2, or just after effect form b1 (i can see day2 on dis)?
And which game is CoBD?
CoBD: City of Broken Dreamers. In my humble opinion the most technically sophisticated game on the site.

The Book 2 on steam is pre-alpha (2 days only, lots of bugs). But it proved the system worked, and I can deliver the next generation of the book this way :) Now that I'm (hopefully) done with Book 1, I can get back to pushing Act VII along.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
CoBD: City of Broken Dreamers. In my humble opinion the most technically sophisticated game on the site.
"Most technically sophisticated", could you expand on that? I love CoBD, but technical implementation isn't exactly the first thing that springs to mind when I think of it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
"Most technically sophisticated", could you expand on that? I love CoBD, but technical implementation isn't exactly the first thing that springs to mind when I think of it.
Philly does amazing animations, and blends Blender and DAZ better than anyone else I know. It's a curse of doing technical art that you stop seeing the "art" part, and only see the "technical" part... usually to pick holes in something. Of all the devs here, Philly is the one (from my POV) that does the best job in terms of pushing the technical envelope in DAZ/Blender/Adobe After Effects.

So... it's a narrow definition, but it makes me more confident of making that call :D

Reactions: Adry Lemon
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes