Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Okay, Act VII Release Candidates are here. If nothing blows up spectacularly, I'll be promoting them to public release tomorrow.

Win32:
MEGA
NOPY

Win64:
MEGA
NOPY

OSX:
MEGA
NOPY

Linux:
MEGA
NOPY

Android:
MEGA
NOPY

(Uploaders; don't promote this to recent releases just yet; just trying to get more eyes on it before it releases to public)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Sorry, no idea what that means...all I heard was release tomorrow...:love:
Means I've fixed all the bugs I know about, and think this is ready for release... but I'd rather have enthusiastic people finding ways to break it now, rather than release it to 100x more people tomorrow who'll find bugs I never knew about.

This release, especially, is quite hard, since I'm both removing other content and adding a lot more. Book 1 was the Book of Edinburgh, and the student life there. Book 2 is the book of Camelot, and the War. As such.. there's likely to be lots of bugs on half-removed content. The more people playtesting, the better.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Means I've fixed all the bugs I know about, and think this is ready for release... but I'd rather have enthusiastic people finding ways to break it now, rather than release it to 100x more people tomorrow who'll find bugs I never knew about.

This release, especially, is quite hard, since I'm both removing other content and adding a lot more. Book 1 was the Book of Edinburgh, and the student life there. Book 2 is the book of Camelot, and the War. As such.. there's likely to be lots of bugs on half-removed content. The more people playtesting, the better.
On the mac the application could not be opened. I made everything in contents executable and the game opened fine. That's a pretty big hammer. I suspect only one or a few files require the protection change but I'm not familiar enough with this game engine to sort it out.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
So as I continue to experiment with the combat system I'm back with another unsolicited suggestion on how to spend your limited resources. As I mentioned earlier I've been repeating the same day to go to elsewhere and try to understand the use of companions who can change the cards. While this approach more or less works it's very cumbersome. My suggestion is that you create a "practice area" which has no impact on stats and gives no loot but allows for the same setup to be replayed over and over. The goal is that once a combat is selected it can be repeated with different gem choices and different utilizations of the ladies skills.

As you've mentioned earlier resources are precious and I fully support your choices. I do think a mechanism that provides something like I've described would be extremely helpful in learning the combat system. Which I fully believe will enhance the enjoyment of playing the game.

Actually all of Elsewhere already amounts to little more than a 'practice area' where you can try out different strategies and tactics. None of it truly matters to completing the story, just your own personal goals. Try replays with differing builds and choices and see what you like the best.

Reactions: Real Kreten

pstear

May 21, 2020
So as I continue to experiment with the combat system I'm back with another unsolicited suggestion on how to spend your limited resources. As I mentioned earlier I've been repeating the same day to go to elsewhere and try to understand the use of companions who can change the cards. While this approach more or less works it's very cumbersome. My suggestion is that you create a "practice area" which has no impact on stats and gives no loot but allows for the same setup to be replayed over and over. The goal is that once a combat is selected it can be repeated with different gem choices and different utilizations of the ladies skills.

As you've mentioned earlier resources are precious and I fully support your choices. I do think a mechanism that provides something like I've described would be extremely helpful in learning the combat system. Which I fully believe will enhance the enjoyment of playing the game.
I do find Droids continual comments about there not being much to the poker game funny :LOL:

Its almost like they don't realise how complex the poker game can actually be . Its actually a work of genius and could do with being a separate game in its own right .

I do hope that now things seem to be going well with LOM , Droid gets the chance to work on games they want to make full time

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I do find Droids continual comments about there not being much to the poker game funny :LOL:

Its almost like they don't realise how complex the poker game can actually be . Its actually a work of genius and could do with being a separate game in its own right .

I do hope that now things seem to be going well with LOM , Droid gets the chance to work on games they want to make full time
must agree with you here! if you contemplate strategy the best hand in automatic is never pulled since you gotta plan for those edges for maximum effect!

as for Droid i hope once he finishes this he has a go at his previous game making movies and do some friendlier game enhancements, the original concept is great but i felt the game was too clunky but it still as potential if treated better with a few small changes!

Reactions: Droid Productions

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Actually all of Elsewhere already amounts to little more than a 'practice area' where you can try out different strategies and tactics. None of it truly matters to completing the story, just your own personal goals. Try replays with differing builds and choices and see what you like the best.
As I said the experiment can be accomplished in the existing framework, but it's cumbersome and doesn't facilitate replaying the same combat with different options and/or choices. That would be the purpose of allowing this outside of the regular game. Even perhaps replaying card choices, after various sorts.

EDIT:
Further when you pick a day to use to experiment with the combat system, the save for the original day is overwritten even if you exit without saving. I didn't realize this until I investigated how Droid and Unity manage saves (I'm completely clueless if this behavior is intrinsic to Unity or the way Droid implements saves).

So to protect the consistency of the save progression, one must now save the file for the day intended to be use for practice and manually restore it when done. Even more cumbersome than it initially appeared.

Last edited:

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019

Just played through it. No major problems but a few things did crop up which some of which may or may not be bugs. Roughly from most to least obvious:

- The options to in Merlins tower to "gather" resources have a few issues. The RP options produces a blank dialog every second time and doesn't advance game time. The money option had an empty field for the amount returned/found once.
- The first time with Emily night scene still had the regular UI displayed.
- Diana and Olivia are not selectable anymore after their initial dialog. I'd expect some sort of repeatable blurp but that might just not be implemented
- There's a minor continuity error in that the background at Pendragon Enterprises can show the picture of Emily before you have the chance to take it. Not really a problem but I thought I'd mention it.

I haven't been as diligent in my daily morning excursions so I could have easily missed things there but Eleswere has been stable the few times I went out to hunt.

I terms of content it has been good to be back in the world of Love of Magic. Thanks for another great release.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019
Played it myself and only have 2 things to mention...

1. GILF!!!! No, seriously...we get to tap that???

2. Maybe a way to move the map?

Other than that (for me) seems pretty bug-free and and story-rich

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
- The first time with Emily night scene still had the regular UI displayed.
- Diana and Olivia are not selectable anymore after their initial dialog. I'd expect some sort of repeatable blurp but that might just not be implemented
The UI bug with Emily's scene is random sadly i've had it on other occasions as well.
You aren't supposed to be able to meet Olivia after that first conversation in book2, she says her goodbye's there.
Diana, not implemented yet Droid has ideas for her.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
Oh nice, I only just realised the Steam version is the whole thing, not split into buying one book at a time. Seeing book 2 available in my Steam version was much appreciated.
It was in Steam already if you turned on "beta", if you do that now you will also recieve all future beta builds.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes