Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
I'm pretty sure Emily has a spark of her own, she is a power of her own same as Katie, Bella should be a magical being, or as what do u classify a werwolf ?

Yeah i think that hammer should outperform Emilys sword, i dont't think her sword is on the same lvl as X or the hammer as they both seem legendary weapons (could be wrong thought).

But with Emilys attack, MC's attack with X and Bellas new toy, thats probably instakill for the most enemies, that being said there is no such thing as overkill.

The only thing is, MC's normal magic (poker) is not really helpfull, it's to weak against foes with 2-3k hp upwards and the dmg is negligible compared to Emilys attack or X. I kinda hoped there would be some kind of atk boost like 1-2% per lvl.
You get 1% bonus damage per point of Strength already. As for doing damage using gems, I tend to hit for well over 5k on turn 3 in the beginning of book 2. Even if you discount the rage into cluster combo, simply triggering the True Flawless Damage gem with strength 100 will do 1200 damage. Use Excalibur and Fia to boost your next attack and...well, you get the point. Plenty of ways to do massive amounts of damage using gems.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
It just needs some buildup, with a bit of math you can do upwards of 3k with the poker hands (Rage/Cluster/Shield) or you can go for Stun or Ice so the monster can't damage you.
I'm not saying it is hard to win with just the normal attacks.
But than i can use Emilys attack every round, which deals about 1k dmg, i can use X about every 2 turns (sometims 3), which deals 1.4-1.5k and i think if u have Emilys old sword-teacher in the group the dmg of X is even higher.
Which makes the normal attacks with buildup kind of unnecessary, except u get lucky and can use the pure diamond.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The only thing is, MC's normal magic (poker) is not really helpfull, it's to weak against foes with 2-3k hp upwards and the dmg is negligible compared to Emilys attack or X. I kinda hoped there would be some kind of atk boost like 1-2% per lvl.
First it's important to consider that the MC's companions support his combat options. There are a number of gem strategies that folks use to maximize potential damage. In virtually all of them maximum effectiveness requires that slots are populated with the strongest gem possible which is consistent with your strategy. Once that's accomplished, the player then needs to determine which companions most effectively maximize total damage. I generally play a damage stack with lightening in the pair and two pair slots, the level 9 damage gem in four of a kind and the level nine rage gem in straight flush. My most effective set of companions at the moment are Chloe, Emily or Matthew, and Fia. With my strength bonus on damage, doubled by Fia, and using Chloe to force higher level hands four of a kind damage approaching 3K is a regular event.

What is the upper limit of stat scores as the game progresses? It certainly seems possible that with around 100 days left to play in book2, a "balanced" build with characteristic scores well over 300 are in reach. So in an unbalanced build you could see a strength of 500 and still have more than adequate INT and CHR. As I understand the combat system, each point of strength adds 1% to your base damage. So without help from a companion you'd be doing 600% of base damage. Add either Fia or X to double it and you'd be doing 1200%. Matthew boosts damage to the target by 10%. A level 8 damage gem does 400 points of damage. The level 9 does 800.

We'll have to see how this all plays out, but I would hesitate to assume that the MC will be the least effect member of the party.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
You get 1% bonus damage per point of Strength already. As for doing damage using gems, I tend to hit for well over 5k on turn 3 in the beginning of book 2. Even if you discount the rage into cluster combo, simply triggering the True Flawless Damage gem with strength 100 will do 1200 damage. Use Excalibur and Fia to boost your next attack and...well, you get the point. Plenty of ways to do massive amounts of damage using gems.
Hm i thought strenght gives only boost to health...i didn't played a strenght build i was going more for balance, i try this the next run.
True if u can trigger the True Flawless Damage gem u get a good amount of dmg.

I think my stats were something like this.
lvl 34
65 str
57 int
64 cha
50 sword

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
my level 0 at the beginning of book 2 as 132 strength! wtf are you doing man?
Was going for balanced as i didn't know str gives atk boost, and didn't use the WT so i clearly wouldn't call it a perfect run as i wasted a lot of time.. the stats were from the first week of book 2 iirc, i didn't do stat grind in book2, execpt for sword to see the changes.
But how do u mangage to be be lvl 0. kind of curious what were ur overall stats ?

Last edited:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Was going for balanced as i didn't know str gives atk boost, and didn't use the WT so i clearly wouldn't call it a perfect run as i wasted a lot of time.. the stats were from the first week of book 2 iirc, i didn't do stat grind in book2, execpt for sword to see the changes.
But how do u mangage to be be lvl 0. kind of curious what were ur overall stats ?
lvl 0
132 str
127 int
102 cha
34 sword +/-

but by the time i got to thor i was wipping 60+ swords!

lvl0 is easy! do not fight! elsewhere for material gains!

then use the time to hit the bags in the gym read a few books and once a day spar with kathie! i bet you went woof and stuck your dick in her after you beaten her for the 1st time? that is a mistake everyone does!

as for book2 elsewhere just rest and train with emily your sword skills!

my high ranking was 81 lvl with some extra skills of 175 strength! but that one i went for balance so the other stats where all around 170!

Reactions: Raziel_8

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
lvl 0
132 str
127 int
102 cha
34 sword +/-

but by the time i got to thor i was wipping 60+ swords!

lvl0 is easy! do not fight! elsewhere for material gains!

then use the time to hit the bags in the gym read a few books and once a day spar with kathie! i bet you went woof and stuck your dick in her after you beaten her for the 1st time? that is a mistake everyone does!

as for book2 elsewhere just rest and train with emily your sword skills!

my high ranking was 81 lvl with some extra skills of 175 strength! but that one i went for balance so the other stats where all around 170!
Yep ur right for Katie, do u get more points if don't fuck her ? I didn't know u can train sword with Emily in book 2, only trained with her former teacher.
But if i'm honest i wasted and skipped quite a bit of time in book 1, got a bit tired of the whole stat grind halfway and just focused on the story but good to know what the stats can look like.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
So I've been rethinking my estimates of power growth, and I think that a balanced 300+ level across all three characteristics was probably to optimistic. So let's dial it back to 250. That still puts an unbalanced 400 strength in reach. So we can estimate how many stat points we can earn through grinding and going to elsewhere. The unknown is the number of points awarded simply by following the story. It's an estimate because we don't know how many mornings we'll lose to mandatory events.

Despite many protests to the contrary, there is a single theme that remains true (at least so far). Achieving maximum damage from the MC's spells requires a comprehensive understanding of how to manipulate the cards on the table and in your hand. At this point I'm still a newbie. I can make good use of Chloe, and use Molly like a hammer, but until I can internalize Akane and integrate her skills with Chloe's and Molly's, I know I'm leaving thousands of points unutilized.

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I've been playing well beyond day 134. At day 175 I added Matthew as a possible party member and took him to elsewhere. I played with him as a companion for two days, then replaced him with Emily. When I went back to add him to the party he wasn't available and when I chatted with him in the round table room the only option was for sword training. So I went back to day 175 and invited him to the party and discovered that add the flag MATTHEW_ALLY. All was well and he was available. Until I dropped him from the party and again he was unavailable the next day. I used the debug mode to add that flag and he was available and if left in the party he didn't disappear as an option the next day. I'm at day 180 and when I saved Matthew was in my party. I'm going to crash, I'll let you know if he's still in the party when I restart the game. But there is clearly a problem with the game remembering that Matthew accepted the invite to travel the paths.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've been playing well beyond day 134. At day 175 I added Matthew as a possible party member and took him to elsewhere. I played with him as a companion for two days, then replaced him with Emily. When I went back to add him to the party he wasn't available and when I chatted with him in the round table room the only option was for sword training. So I went back to day 175 and invited him to the party and discovered that add the flag MATTHEW_ALLY. All was well and he was available. Until I dropped him from the party and again he was unavailable the next day. I used the debug mode to add that flag and he was available and if left in the party he didn't disappear as an option the next day. I'm at day 180 and when I saved Matthew was in my party. I'm going to crash, I'll let you know if he's still in the party when I restart the game. But there is clearly a problem with the game remembering that Matthew accepted the invite to travel the paths.
Yeah; it was a bug in how I handled Fia and Matthew (both of them disappear forever). It's fixed in the Beta build on Steam and in discord, I'm just finishing up the rest of Act VII+ before I push it public.

thehornycrab

Jul 8, 2019
my level 0 at the beginning of book 2 as 132 strength! wtf are you doing man?
I had similar stats 60-70 str, int, chr and that was with save scumming to get lucky with random stat increases. I think your build is not something players are able to achieve on their first playthrough. I relied really heavily on Emily for damage as well.

I never knew str gave bonus damage only that it increases hp. Does int do anything except boost ally magic very little? Idk. Maybe the effects of the main stats should be explained more clearly. (Or I missed the explanation)

Reactions: V-red and Warscared

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I never knew str gave bonus damage only hp. Does int do anything except boost ally magic very little? Maybe the effects of the main stats should be explained more clearly. (Or I missed the explanation)
INT bonus affects the secondary effects (how much fire, ice, lightning, poison, rage, etc is added).

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I had similar stats 60-70 str, int, chr and that was with save scumming to get lucky with random stat increases. I think your build is not something players are able to achieve on their first playthrough. I relied really heavily on Emily for damage as well.

I never knew str gave bonus damage only that it increases hp. Does int do anything except boost ally magic very little? Idk. Maybe the effects of the main stats should be explained more clearly. (Or I missed the explanation)
Look here

Swordsmanship reportedly has 2 effects. X when used to cut an opponent does 1000 damage if Sword < 30, and 1500 if Sword is 30 or more. Further X's recharge rate is a function of sword with higher values reducing the recharge time. I have been unable to locate the formula for the reduction in recharge time.

Reactions: Real Kreten

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
To the best of my knowledge you can only double your spell damage once. X and Fia do not stack. The game will let you trigger both but you only get one double damage icon. I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere in game as well, possibly when Fia's skill were explained.

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
To the best of my knowledge you can only double your spell damage once. X and Fia do not stack. The game will let you trigger both but you only get one double damage icon. I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere in game as well, possibly when Fia's skill were explained.
This does seem to be the case, good observation! Still, even with only a single double damage active, 2 1/2k damage on turn 1 is nothing to sneeze at.

Reactions: UncleFredo

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Seems to run fine on my Samsung Note 8... you having trouble with the game in general or just during the battle scenes or...?

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes