Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Okay, build's updated. For some reason it felt like this one was a long update, but it was just 5 weeks. Hard to track time in this messed up pandemic world.

Act VII+ is a world expansion build, meaning it contains content designed to be played across the whole of Book 2. Having said so, it ended up being more story-telling heavy than expected, with quite a few new events included. There's two quests (trigger from King's Dragon while drinking at night), snowdrop will show up in your bathroom to start a new quest for poker lovers, there's the first of the TV viewing events at the Crowley, and two new scenes added to Molly's recurring sex scene at the King's Dragon. Oh, and a pet. Because every game is better if it gives you a pet.
yeah so these didn't happen and instead i get the chapter ended scene. I mean if we have recurring scene's, why do we have game ending moments? There is a bit of confusion in design as we have sandbox elements constrained by a very limited timetable to which to enjoy them.

This update was only a day on my save and was over.

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
yeah so these didn't happen and instead i get the chapter ended scene. I mean if we have recurring scene's, why do we have game ending moments? There is a bit of confusion in design as we have sandbox elements constrained by a very limited timetable to which to enjoy them.

The reason for that is that the VII+ update adds items to all of this Chapter (and some items continuing into the next) not just the last day.

Right now would be a good time to replay the entire chapter 7 from where book2 starts.

The recurring scenes are also a set up for the rest of this book and some of them will change / be extended during the rest of book2.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Just stopped playing this update. Not sure if I've actually completed all the new content.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway this is a FANTASTIC update! Really enjoy playing it. Thanks so much for your work. Pretty amazing that working alone you got it out so quickly and maintained the quality.

Last edited:

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
The Demon Warlocks have an ability called First Strike, call it an ambush, giving you no time to adjust your gems (it's as intended)
Gaining a skillpoint at every rest stop was an oversight, it was changed to only gain one on the first reststop you enter when traveling through elsewhere.

so yeah both things you encountered were on purpose.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The Demon Warlocks have an ability called First Strike, call it an ambush, giving you no time to adjust your gems (it's as intended)
Gaining a skillpoint at every rest stop was an oversight, it was changed to only gain one on the first reststop you enter when traveling through elsewhere.

so yeah both things you encountered were on purpose.
Thanks. Really appreciate the information!

However, since I know that I'm going to encounter a creature with this ability it's only reasonable that I configure my gems BEFORE I enter combat. Until now the player always moves first. Either I should be able to configure before I enter combat or immediately after it's over. Assume I have a worst case configuration in case of ambush, which if I'm not ambushed I optimize for my opponent. After defeating that opponent I restore my worst case configuration.

It's worth pointing out that no matter what I do I'm going to get hit, without non-passive mitigation. In one case I was hit for something around 900 hit points. Dropped me under half in one shot. I'd left Bella behind to experiment with Akane. Could have used that 25% mitigation.

You've dramatically changed the combat dynamic. I accept that it's intended. I'm asking you to consider mitigation based on how it plays out.

In any event. I fully support Droid creating the game he chooses. It's a great game and I really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
First strike was as designed, though I might want to be careful about assigning it to creatures with too many immunities.

I'm testing out various balance ideas; some of them might be correct, others might get rolled back... we'll see. It's only act VII, so a good place to experiment.

Apart from that, you didn't mention Olivia's TV encounter at the Crowley; not sure if you got that yet?

Reactions: Real Kreten

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Thanks. Really appreciate the information!

However, since I know that I'm going to encounter a creature with this ability it's only reasonable that I configure my gems BEFORE I enter combat. Until now the player always moves first. Either I should be able to configure before I enter combat or immediately after it's over. Assume I have a worst case configuration in case of ambush, which if I'm not ambushed I optimize for my opponent. After defeating that opponent I restore my worst case configuration.
You could always run around with the one you use against them equipped, then just switch to another when it's something else you fight.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

You can load the end of act save, and keep playing. It won't have any calendar events, but you can do any recurring events. Emily will call you back when Act VIII is done.

Keep in mind that the Act+ expansions are meant to expand the whole book; the idea is that once I'm done with Book2, playing through from the beginning will be a much deeper and richer experience than just playing Act VII the first time, because it'll have had 5-6 acts+ worth of world expansion poured into improving things.

Reactions: Warscared

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
First strike was as designed, though I might want to be careful about assigning it to creatures with too many immunities.

I'm testing out various balance ideas; some of them might be correct, others might get rolled back... we'll see. It's only act VII, so a good place to experiment.

Apart from that, you didn't mention Olivia's TV encounter at the Crowley; not sure if you got that yet?
I thought I mentioned I watched her TV interview. My bad. Yes I did see that.
Great Game! I remain amazed you can produce this solo.

Reactions: cbsx

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Love this game. Some more harem related content would be nice though, during the downtimes between storylines. I mean after all he is a king now right? ;)
Yeah, I'm adding more of that. Some is going into the next room you can expand in Act VIII, which will be an expansion room to the Tea House, called the Dining Room.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
You could always run around with the one you use against them equipped, then just switch to another when it's something else you fight.
I guess I was unclear. So I do run around with my worst case configuration. If I fight something else and change to my optimized configuration for that opponent. At the end of combat, that is the configuration that is active. I can't go back to my worst case and if I fight the Demon Warlock, I'm locked into wrong configuration for that fight. The best I can do is fight something else switching to the worst case configuration so that it's active to fight the Demon Warlock.

I suppose I should think about an entirely different configuration that balances the trade off between not going first against an opponent with various immunities. At its base, this negates the advantage of altering your gems prior to combat. Assuming you're willing to fight in the parts of elsewhere that first strike capable opponents are encountered.

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
does this update have an end day? Because I'm at day 200 and I don't really want to have everything wiped before whatever day it is supposed to be when a new Act is added.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
does this update have an end day? Because I'm at day 200 and I don't really want to have everything wiped before whatever day it is supposed to be when a new Act is added.
This is side content; it's designed to be played across the whole of Book 2, so it doesn't have an end of content cutoff (I don't even thing you can unlock all the content in a normal run of just Act VII, since the Egg only shows up earliest day 130, and needs a week to hatch. The idea is that I'm expanding and improving on the world itself, with content that's playable across the whole of Book 2; that way the sandbox feels less bare, and a playthrough from the beginning of Act VII, once the book is done, will feel very differently than just playing the game linearly.

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Damm i just updated my phone and got android 11, now it won't let me transfer my saves over to book 2. Anyone know how to fix this?

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Save files Got deleted from internal memory ???
Make sure that "com.droidproductions.loveofmagic" folder with files still available in the internal memory
The problem is that I can no longer find the files. I can load the saves on book 1, but since I can no longer find them on my phone I can't transfer them. I've looked through all the files that I can see but there is no folder anywhere that has the saves. Its freaking annoying

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Android 11 has given me many problems, it also has affected joiplay. Can no longer add games that are on my SD card, need to have them on my phones memory to add them. So my phone will run out of memory pretty fast if I try to do that.

Famescua

Game Compressor
Donor
Aug 10, 2018
Maybe possible with a proper file manager. Try with this.
Yeah that still didn't work, I guess I'm going to have to play book 1 from the beginning, transfer the save file to book 2, on my old phone then try to see if I can transfer that to my new phone. Thanks for trying to help

Reactions: Jonty Rhodes
4.60 star(s) 255 Votes