• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
He's a jack. I just happened to find this really amazing set of card art for queens, and nothing that good for Jacks, so he got a temporary promotion.
Fair enough and a good enough reason. Now if you wish he could be a queen for some players that would also be no problem for me. I am quite accepting of tags when the story is really good. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well she is def a queen and thief of hearts, she is not the only one though. :)

Reactions: Ragnar

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Shouldn't be. You're playing from the beginning, but at high difficulty? I'll see if I can repro. Could you send me your last savegames?
(C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic , just zip up that entire folder)
Yes replaying. Set the high difficulty just before the first battle. Did the battle 2x. First was with tutorial, somehow strange. Second without tutorial, but even more strange.

View attachment Love of Magic.rar

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... I added a global tutorial tracker. That may have broken something, will check it out.
Replayed the battle several times with both difficulty levels. On Normal it seems ok, on High I got different outcomes. Last time without help from Emily. MCs HP was 1 most of the time, but he survived to the end (extremly long battle).

Reactions: DA22

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
What a pleasant surprise this game was, and I recognize some of the users around here :LOL:
Great game Droid Productions , not only we get a nice story with good graphics you still manage to put in a nice amount of humor... Landlady & Flatmate, Starcucks, "gender politics" all funny stuff :LOL:

BTW I like the poker battle thing, it's different and a "signature" of this game.
I'm sad I didn't find this before... But happy that I found it :)

Keep up the good work ;)

Cheers

PS: Your name on the OP has the "o" and the"i" switched. Not really an issue just to let you know ;)

eveloper: Driod Productions -

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I might need to adjust that.. sounds like Hard is.. too hard :)
May be two levels beyond Normal: 1.1x and 1.25x damage the enemies will do. HP seems to be the same anyway.

Now I just play on Normal, and it works well. Can we change difficulty level during the game without probs?

I have to confess, in second playthrough, I like the game even more. I didn't think this would be possible ;)

Reactions: DA22

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
What a pleasant surprise this game was, ...

BTW I like the poker battle thing, it's different and a "signature" of this game.
Yeah, this poker battle thing is really genious and most creative. I understood that the dev invented this game himself, should get a Patent on it :D :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and Kthulian

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
May be two levels beyond Normal: 1.1x and 1.25x damage the enemies will do. HP seems to be the same anyway.

Now I just play on Normal, and it works well. Can we change difficulty level during the game without probs?

I have to confess, in second playthrough, I like the game even more. I didn't think this would be possible ;)
Okay, I'll try pulling Hard down to that. And likely adjust it so it's never applied to the first story battles (Minotaur/Undead dog). You can change difficulty at any time, it's really just to make life easier for players.

Glad you like it!

Aug 5, 2017
Excellent game, I really liked the run I had with it.
I like it too but I feel like it is unrelated to the character progression. It currently feels like gaining levels gets you more HP but doesn't do much for the attack power of your combos, that's purely based on how much money you've spent on gems. As an idea, maybe change the gems from fixed values to a multiplier of a power value (based on int & level?) so even a pair would roflstomp a weak monster once you've leveled enough.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I like it too but I feel like it is unrelated to the character progression. It currently feels like gaining levels gets you more HP but doesn't do much for the attack power of your combos, that's purely based on how much money you've spent on gems. As an idea, maybe change the gems from fixed values to a multiplier of a power value (based on int & level?) so even a pair would roflstomp a weak monster once you've leveled enough.
Yeah, any balance feedback is welcome. There *are* quantum jumps in power (tied to the story, not to leveling up), but even there it's more about being able to equip higher tier gems in lower sockets. I might do a strength bonus to damage as well.

Kthulian

www.kthuliangames.com
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Great Mages gather in the end :love:
Ahaha true story

View attachment 549262

Finished the last date of Act III, and with that I've just got two more events along the core story-line, before the build counter ticks over to 0.3.1. For some reason I loved the lighting in this picture.
Looks good indeed :p

Excellent game, I really liked the run I had with it.

Well that's what game developing is, always trying to find what works and what not, player feedback is very helpful when given the contructive way, like you did and Droid here seems to be very open minded and eager to get better than he was yesterday.

4.60 star(s) 254 Votes