Vrdr

Jun 30, 2018
When I go to get pen and paper the second time I can't buy it I just get the 'no way' option yet I have loads of money.

what am I doing wrong?
If I recall correctly, you don't need a second pen and paper. Just visit the cafe at night, once you have the 2nd black rose.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
please add a 32bit thank you
There you go. Heads up that there's a partial new system in this build (I'm building a system for giving shout out's to streamers in the same way I do to fellow game devs, the , who I've loved watching). It's still WIP, so if you see a Streamer folder on the in-game PC, just ignore it :)

Here's the 0.3.24B in Win32 version.

When I go to get pen and paper the second time I can't buy it I just get the 'no way' option yet I have loads of money.

what am I doing wrong?
I added an escape clause to 0.3.24c (the Win32 build above), see if that fixes it for you. If not, send me the savegame (c:\Users\USER\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic) and I'll have a look.

(ah... yes, Vrdr is right; sorry, I thought you'd turned it down the first time, causing some kind of soft-lock). You only need it the first time. In fact, that should never trigger again, I'll go check out what's happening there. Black Rose 2 triggers from the night time sessions.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
By the way, I'm doing some experiments in this build. I've been wanting to include more videos, but I've also had reports of video incompatibilities, so I'm trying to make sure it stays solid.

There's right now two cases of animating videos; one inside the computer (Bad Memories VR flashback) and one at the main menu:

1584883371350.png

If you're getting corruption in either, I'd love a DM with the player.log file, and ideally a test to see if it happens on both, or just one of them. I'm working on the Act IV AfterEffects cinematics right now, and obviously that's all pure video. As such I want to know I can rely on the video player to not blow up in exciting ways :)

Reactions: Rolo and 55knight

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Damn renders are good but the premise of this game is to fucked up for me the tentacles tags is a pass
If my memory serves me right, there are only two scenes with tentacles (1 main story, 1 side event) and the rest (~99%) of the game is tentacle-free.

I'm not a tentacle fan myself, but it didn't bother me at all playing this game. You should try it! You would miss alot only because of one tag.

Sharpy

Mar 4, 2018
Droid Productions I started playing only 2 days ago, before this last update and the first thing I noticed after finishing the content and beeing sent forcibly to main menu was that I didnt play all content. There was the thing that unlocks once you buy the first gem and the erotic book at the cafe. Maybe add an option to continue playing once main quest is completed instead of going to main menu OR the ability to avoid some game progression until the player desires. Ex: skip date events until I want, or donțt force date events if I dont want to.

And for everyone wandering HOW I didnt not have time to get all events... I focused on reading all books in the morning and making money in the evening (in the free days where you have nothing on calendar).

Reactions: Droid Productions
Nov 17, 2018
Damn this game has so many patch notes that sometimes I am lost. First time having that experience which is kinda refresing honestly. No worries i love the content and everything but damn, i usually prefer to have a bit of length on my updates so that my gameplay is a bit more enjoyable. Still loving your work and can't wait to see how the story plays out. This game grind is also one of the more enjoyable game so far, the mechanic is actually being taking care alot makes me feel like this is actually you know, a game(a simple one at that but still nevertheless, a game). Most games that has gameplay factor i know tends to be like a place holder rather than an actual gameplay to disguise their lack of content with that. This game however, isn't lacking in both gameplay and story which is really surprising to me. Keep up the great work sir

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Droid Productions I started playing only 2 days ago, before this last update and the first thing I noticed after finishing the content and beeing sent forcibly to main menu was that I didnt play all content. There was the thing that unlocks once you buy the first gem and the erotic book at the cafe. Maybe add an option to continue playing once main quest is completed instead of going to main menu OR the ability to avoid some game progression until the player desires. Ex: skip date events until I want, or donțt force date events if I dont want to.

And for everyone wandering HOW I didnt not have time to get all events... I focused on reading all books in the morning and making money in the evening (in the free days where you have nothing on calendar).
I guess it is quite normal not to get all the events in the very first playthrough. Thats even the case in many games I know. This adds replayability. You will be more experienced with time... Have fun... ;)

PS: For books I have not much time left, may be one book, and the "black rose" book. There are so many things to do, and if possible I use the portal in the mornings (best for stats and money!)

Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

If you finished it with this update, load up the End of Act III savegame (it's auto-generated). Emily will be standing at the Lake, with a message for you. If you finished it with a previous build, Emily won't be there but you can still keep playing from that point onwards... when Act IV is ready I'll fish through the savegame when you load, see if you're past day 54 but haven't started Act IV, and if so I'll rewind you to day 54 and start Act IV from the riight place and time (with any stats / additional quests you've done intact).

Reactions: raixen

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Damn this game has so many patch notes that sometimes I am lost. First time having that experience which is kinda refresing honestly.
You should see the poor beta testers on Discord :) I do builds ever 1-2 days (and more often in the sprint up to a release). It's not uncommon to hear the lamentation "wait, we're at 0.3.22? But I just downloaded 0.3.21 last night, and was just about to start playing it" :)

This particular build is actually quite story heavy (unlike the previous one), so it adds ~30 mins - 1 hr worth of additional story sequences (in addition to the night-time actions, so letting you read, work and drink at night). It's all about making the world feel 'lived in'. The original goal was that when Book 1 is complete (so Act I-V), playing the game from scratch would feel a very different experience than if you picked up the original Act I back on the 28th November.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is it open world gsme ???
It's a mix; there's a sandbox element where you can chose your actions when you have spare time, but there's also a timeline (driven by the calendar) that drives the story forward. The basic structure was inspired by with a mix of scripted timeline events, activities in the world that unlock stories, and an 'underworld' (in this case Elsewhere), where you can have random battles if you want.

raixen

Jul 31, 2019
Wait how many acts are you planning? Better yet how many parts(books) are you planning? Do you already have a story outline? Also is this story inspired by some other story?(other than the obvious myths from different cultures)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Wait how many acts are you planning? Better yet how many parts(books) are you planning? Do you already have a story outline? Also is this story inspired by some other story?(other than the obvious myths from different cultures)
3 Books (The Crown, the War, The Return). Each Book is ~4-5 Acts. Book 1 ends at the end of Act V, Book 2 would be a new download (same savegame).

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes