Zamu77

Feb 13, 2018
Hey,

Thanx for a fantastic game!

The mac-version for 3.24b doesn't work, the mac just says "cannot open". I recently updated OS so I thought that might be it, but my old 3.09b still works. I tried downloading from several sites just to make sure it's not just the nopy-file, but it's the same for all.

Can't wait to play the new content :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey,

Thanx for a fantastic game!

The mac-version for 3.24b doesn't work, the mac just says "cannot open". I recently updated OS so I thought that might be it, but my old 3.09b still works. I tried downloading from several sites just to make sure it's not just the nopy-file, but it's the same for all.

Can't wait to play the new content :)
The osx version needs chmod +x for execution privileges; have you tried that?

Then Love of Magic.app/Contents/MacOS/* (to give it execution privileges)
If not, let me know and I'll see what the problem is.

JDReeco

Jan 2, 2018
Liking the game so far and I guess i have some content missed, so I have something to do till the next chapter is available.
Hopefully, the new act don't erase everything you got after the act ending savegame.

But I was wondering, why i don't have memories for Emily and Chloe at the computer, like for all the other characters you met?

Beside that, I'm looking forward to the Act IV. Or any added content before that :D

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Liking the game so far and I guess i have some content missed, so I have something to do till the next chapter is available.
Hopefully, the new act don't erase everything you got after the act ending savegame.

But I was wondering, why i don't have memories for Emily and Chloe at the computer, like for all the other characters you met?

Beside that, I'm looking forward to the Act IV. Or any added content before that :D
Memories is still in progress. It's assigning some of them wrong; I'm debugging it for the next release. I also wanted to add the ability to replay the scenes.

Content wise; there's quite a few side-quests. The main story moves on, of course, but stuff like Katie and Bella, Strip MMA, The Trouble with Tentacles, Snowbell's Troubles and The Black Rose all happen on the side. In addition to that there's quite a few 'slice of life' events that trigger randomly when you move around the world; running into Emily for a drink on the grass market, running into Dylan while having a coffee, Molly has several scenes around the place, etc.

Reactions: JDReeco and Rolo

JDReeco

Jan 2, 2018
Memories is still in progress. It's assigning some of them wrong; I'm debugging it for the next release. I also wanted to add the ability to replay the scenes.

Content wise; there's quite a few side-quests. The main story moves on, of course, but stuff like Katie and Bella, Strip MMA, The Trouble with Tentacles, Snowbell's Troubles and The Black Rose all happen on the side. In addition to that there's quite a few 'slice of life' events that trigger randomly when you move around the world; running into Emily for a drink on the grass market, running into Dylan while having a coffee, Molly has several scenes around the place, etc.
Wow, didn't expect such a quick answer :)
Wasn't aware that the memoriy system was still work in progress. To be honest, I just started playing this game with the previous update.

I like the idea of replayable memories at some point in the future :)
And since I left out much side-content it seems, I have enough to explore till the content will expand :)

Keep up this good game.

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
Minor nitpick while replaying the latest version from the start: it is possible to do Black Rose 2 early enough that the MC references events with Molly that haven't taken place yet.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Minor nitpick while replaying the latest version from the start: it is possible to do Black Rose 2 early enough that the MC references events with Molly that haven't taken place yet.
Ah, I thought I'd locked that one down. Thanks, will check it out.

Landrassa

Sep 8, 2017
So I just fought the chap that had been bothering Snowdrop in elsewhere, and after the battle I ended up with just the elsewhere background. I clicked a few times and then got the regular interface instead of the elsewhere-specific one.

Eventually I used the skip time button to get out of elsewhere and progress the game. I can provide the log, although it doesn't seem to contain anything terribly useful regarding the event.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So I just fought the chap that had been bothering Snowdrop in elsewhere, and after the battle I ended up with just the elsewhere background. I clicked a few times and then got the regular interface instead of the elsewhere-specific one.

Eventually I used the skip time button to get out of elsewhere and progress the game. I can provide the log, although it doesn't seem to contain anything terribly useful regarding the event.
Yeah, had another bug report on this, trying to reproduce it locally.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions
Getting this bug where the Discard and Last Play stay on the center to the point it's impossible to see the center card due to the black boxes.

View attachment 595613
Yeah, I added in a "slow down UI text" for people who wanted more time to read what was going on. It's supposed to auto-assign to 100%, but for some users it sets to 0% instead. Escape -> UI Speed -> 100% will fix it, but of course you shouldn't have to do that manually.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes