Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That Act1 Emily entrance is seriously awesome!

Oh, I think you said somewhere that there are like 3 random chat encounters per companion and that it grants a stat at the end?

I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but these things almost never triggered for me. And I visited the Cafe enough times to read every book. Occasionally, when I do a quickload in cafe or the bar, some random event triggers. Also when I press the back button, it sometimes triggers an event. But I don't think I can remember these events ever triggering when I just walk into a place. And I certainly never got 3 chats with anyone. I had the first chat with Emily and Dylan in the cafe maybe. And the wheelchair guy and librarian made a stop in the bar.

You might wanna look at the code on how these are triggered though. It seemed kinda messed up from my playthrough.
You're talking about the slice of life events, I think. They're more or less random by nature, but this is the current one:

None of them, except Dylan's cafe event, give out any stat bonuses.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You're talking about the slice of life events, I think. They're more or less random by nature, but this is the current one:

None of them, except Dylan's cafe event, give out any stat bonuses.
ic... I missed a lot ... or most of it I think. It's weird that the ones that I did see always happened when I did a quick load inside the building, rather than during normal gameplay. I'm not too fond of restarting a game like this that can't be fast forwarded, but its also bugging me that I missed some cool content :(

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
ic... I missed a lot ... or most of it I think. It's weird that the ones that I did see always happened when I did a quick load inside the building, rather than during normal gameplay. I'm not too fond of restarting a game like this that can't be fast forwarded, but its also bugging me that I missed some cool content :(
Most of this content can be triggered in both act IV and V, so you haven't missed it. Or you can use the Game+, it'll all be available there. The one exception is if there's a reason a character wouldn't be there; Molly's events change when she... changes. Emily's events don't trigger while she's out, etc. They have a 10% chance each time you enter the building, maybe that is too low?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Maybe it is too low, but I wanted to point out the possibility of bugs where it doesn't trigger correctly. That's why I keep mentioning that it only triggered for me when i loaded and not when just walking into buildings. It might just be some bad luck on my part or I am remembering wrong. Just thought it might be something you could check out if other people report similar findings.

10% does seem a bit low though, especially if some things are missable like Molly's stuff.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Maybe it is too low, but I wanted to point out the possibility of bugs where it doesn't trigger correctly. That's why I keep mentioning that it only triggered for me when i loaded and not when just walking into buildings. It might just be some bad luck on my part or I am remembering wrong. Just thought it might be something you could check out if other people report similar findings.

10% does seem a bit low though, especially if some things are missable like Molly's stuff.
Yeah, worth looking into. It executes off a different path than the rest (because it has lower priority), so it's possible something is screwing up.

Reactions: Brother Lui

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Just finished the version posted here, and it's an amazing game. I have noticed a few things I had questions about. First, the memories program on the computer doesn't show any memories for Emily or Chloe, but it does for other people. Is this intentional or accidental? Second, why is Emily called "flat-chested" by several people when she isn't? She looks to be a C-cup, and looks bigger than Katie (who looks to be a B-Cup). Third (and I hope this is just something that is answered in the next acts), why did Sarah go crazy with a "Full House" amount of energy given to her when Molly is fine if you give her a "4-of-a-king" amount (which should be more than a "Full House")?

Edit: Also I found a glitch. If you give Chloe 50 ingredients to get the flawless diamond, your ingredient count becomes -50 instead of 0.

Reactions: Droid Productions

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just finished the version posted here, and it's an amazing game. I have noticed a few things I had questions about. First, the memories program on the computer doesn't show any memories for Emily or Chloe, but it does for other people. Is this intentional or accidental? Second, why is Emily called "flat-chested" by several people when she isn't? She looks to be a C-cup, and looks bigger than Katie (who looks to be a B-Cup). Third (and I hope this is just something that is answered in the next acts), why did Sarah go crazy with a "Full House" amount of energy given to her when Molly is fine if you give her a "4-of-a-king" amount (which should be more than a "Full House")?

Edit: Also I found a glitch. If you give Chloe 50 ingredients to get the flawless diamond, your ingredient count becomes -50 instead of 0.
Probably because Molly is a sorc and future chosen. Destiny and prophecy plays a huge role in this universe, and her being destined to be his chosen probably protected her from those effects somewhat. Or they are just very compatible. Or Sorc magic did some shenanigans. Or maybe Droid just overlooked something heh.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Second, why is Emily called "flat-chested" by several people when she isn't? She looks to be a C-cup, and looks bigger than Katie (who looks to be a B-Cup).
I wondered about that as well, as far as I'm concerned she has the most beautiful breasts in the game, not far from perfection, nice full and perky. My guess is some can sense she's insecure about her looks, after all her supposed fiancee was found in another woman's bed, that can't do wonders for a relatively shy girl's confidence.

Third (and I hope this is just something that is answered in the next acts), why did Sarah go crazy with a "Full House" amount of energy given to her when Molly is fine if you give her a "4-of-a-king" amount (which should be more than a "Full House")?
If you replay the first scene with Molly getting evoker energy you'll find if you hit her with the most she ends up flopping around on the floor like a landed carp too, though she doesn't lose it like Sarah, of whom it's implied isn't exactly playing with a full deck to start with. Incidentally if you want the most tease out of Molly in that scene keep picking the top option, ignoring the pull as long as you can.

You do get a specific answer to that question in parts not 'public' yet and if you want to see it for yourself go back a few pages to the Discord link where you can download newer material that's far more satisfying than what the vast majority of games here release in a month or two in my opinion. It will take you to the end of day 69 and the story gets denser compared to the 'grind' than what has already been released.

This is fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
So I got a question also. What is the general plan for the endings? Will it stay linear all the way through? Or will we eventually make some important decisions that can affect future developments or the endings?

Just some wild musings from here. I am picturing something like embrace/reject your destiny kind of thing. Since all the antagonists had some sympathetic qualities to them, maybe the Outsiders will have some reason for doing what they do. Maybe Merlin and MC's father had some ulterior motives. Maybe there comes a point where MC has to decide what is better for the fate of the world, and neither choices are so clearcut.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
So I got a question also. What is the general plan for the endings? Will it stay linear all the way through? Or will we eventually make some important decisions that can affect future developments or the endings?
I have absolutely no idea and wouldn't venture to guess. I've seen nothing on the Discord related to your question but then again wasn't looking for it and can barely operate the software as I've never used it before a few days ago or so.

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
If you replay the first scene with Molly getting evoker energy you'll find if you hit her with the most she ends up flopping around on the floor like a landed carp too, though she doesn't lose it like Sarah, of whom it's implied isn't exactly playing with a full deck to start with. Incidentally if you want the most tease out of Molly in that scene keep picking the top option, ignoring the pull as long as you can.
Sarah is also much older, with a correspondingly longer amount of time getting used to drinking the magical equivalent of sewage water. Also Molly is implied to be something of a prodigy, so she simply might have a higher capacity to absorb it without going nuts.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
hird (and I hope this is just something that is answered in the next acts), why did Sarah go crazy with a "Full House" amount of energy given to her when Molly is fine if you give her a "4-of-a-king" amount (which should be more than a "Full House")?
Molly got hit when MC wasn't focused on attacking, so it was just a strong fly swapping, with Sarah he was mad and let his anger fuel his magic... and by the time of Sarah's blackmailing MC's magic was stronger

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes