Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Our resident Lady of the Streams is doing a 24 hour charity stream to raise money for NHS and First Responders. Sadly no Love of Magic (she wants to wait until Act IV is done), but it's always a pleasure to listen to her voice.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Our resident Lady of the Streams is doing a 24 hour charity stream to raise money for NHS and First Responders. Sadly no Love of Magic (she wants to wait until Act IV is done), but it's always a pleasure to listen to her voice.

Glad you are nicely progressing forward on act 4, might do me a fresh run when it is ready to get a feel of how the game now works from the start with more events added, since mostly have been playing the new acts since start of game when they came out from their starting point. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolo

traubexp

Jun 15, 2019
Hey, what is the probability to get a lvl 6 stone fightin in elsewhere? And on that topic, I continued playing with game+ to get a lvl 6 poison stone and I am now on day 90 and lvl 32. Will I lose that progress when the Act IV comes out?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey, what is the probability to get a lvl 6 stone fightin in elsewhere? And on that topic, I continued playing with game+ to get a lvl 6 poison stone and I am now on day 90 and lvl 32. Will I lose that progress when the Act IV comes out?
On 0.3.24a, not very high. I've fixed up the loot drop tables, and they give a much better spread now.

On 0.3.39 (last night's build), it drops a wide variety, up to gem7.

When you start a game with Act IV enabled, it'll ask you if you want to rewind; doing so will keep all your other progress, just rewind the day to the start, placing you in the glade with Emily.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Great game, really good job Droid
In Act IV we'll finally know who's the MC's father? The big boss? :cool:
Yeah, they're pretty sure. But there's another kind of Big Boss as well. You might guess from the title of the Act.

Apart from that, the final scene of Act IV rolled into Beta last night. Once I roll out the final 3 scenes, and clean out any bugs, I'll roll out the next public build here. Hopefully by next weekend.

1587998465403.png

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I love the upgrade to Bella since last time I played. She seemed pretty underwhelming when all she had was that passive damage reduction buff. She's well worth taking with you now.

The different spell options seem better balanced now as well. Fire and Ice both seem useful now. Shields are still strong as usual but that's fine. I haven't tried lightning again yet, didn't like it in previous playthroughs. Earning money via expeditions also seems much more viable now.

Having drinks at the bar at night is a nice touch as well.

Hadn't played in a few versions and I like all the new additions so far. Haven't played through to the end of the current version yet so I'm sure there's still more to discover :)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hadn't played in a few versions and I like all the new additions so far. Haven't played through to the end of the current version yet so I'm sure there's still more to discover :)
Glad you're enjoying it :) Don't forget to upgrade the Crowley with Special Ingredients (easiest way to get them is bring Bella to search for Treasure, but monsters do occasionally drop them as well). That unlocks a bunch of additional events, new characters, etc.

Let's see if you finish act III before act IV gets a public release, hopefully this weekend.

Reactions: Rolo and DA22

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Just finished the current version and didn't run into any obvious bugs other than a few broken image links. Really enjoyed this latest update.

The only issue I really noticed is really just a balance thing. This may be intended (or maybe just my own playstyle) but it seems like Molly and Bella are miles ahead of all other potential companions for expeditions into Elsewhere when it comes to how useful they are. None of the others are even close.

Molly is is unmatched for raw power and Bella is your best source of ingredients (both special and normal) while also having a good mix of both offensive and defensive utility in battle.

One other thing I did notice towards the end is that the game doesn't seem to properly recognize the best hand you can make with wildcards. The top hand should be a royal flush, but if you throw down 5 jokers, you'll get a regular straight flush, not a royal flush. You can also sometimes get 5 of a kind instead of a royal flush using jokers. Really only an issue if you like to use your flawless gem when you get one since that's the only hand it works on. I have gotten royal flushes when at least some of the cards are not jokers but never with just jokers.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The only issue I really noticed is really just a balance thing. This may be intended (or maybe just my own playstyle) but it seems like Molly and Bella are miles ahead of all other potential companions for expeditions into Elsewhere when it comes to how useful they are. None of the others are even close.

Molly is is unmatched for raw power and Bella is your best source of ingredients (both special and normal) while also having a good mix of both offensive and defensive utility in battle.
In general, Emily is the Queen of Elsewhere; she's got something like 3x the events of anyone else, including several story events (like how she levels up Dylan if you talk to Dylan while she's in your party). She's also able to help in treasure hunting, and unlocks a side-event at the Shrine (in today's build).

I'd love to add more side-events for the rest; it's just a matter of time :) Once I'm done with Act IV, I'll start work on IV+, which will expand on the world. One of the things I'm adding is more Elsewhere events.

One other thing I did notice towards the end is that the game doesn't seem to properly recognize the best hand you can make with wildcards. The top hand should be a royal flush, but if you throw down 5 jokers, you'll get a regular straight flush, not a royal flush. You can also sometimes get 5 of a kind instead of a royal flush using jokers. Really only an issue if you like to use your flawless gem when you get one since that's the only hand it works on. I have gotten royal flushes when at least some of the cards are not jokers but never with just jokers.
Yeah; I need to sort out the Royal Flush detection when you have a LOT of Jokers in the mix. It's now defaulting to 5 of a kind instead.

Reactions: khumak

EvilGenius97

Mar 18, 2020
Just a heads up, I've noticed a (admittedly really rare) bug with the combat minigame. On occasion, one single cell will refuse to accept cards. I.e. trying to play cards from A3 to E3, A3 you can place a card normally, E3 will just repeatedly bounce the card back to your hand. It doesn't matter what order you lay the cards down, which cards you try (yes, I'm sure these are valid hands, its blocked me from a a full house at the very least), and it only affects one cell at a time. Then the enemy goes (2 of the 3 times placing cards in the cell that was blocked for me, which is kinda irritating), and the problem vanishes.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Just finished the current version and didn't run into any obvious bugs other than a few broken image links. Really enjoyed this latest update.
When you say latest, is that 0.3.24a, or is that 0.4.1? (Just checking to see if that bug is still with us).

Brother Lui

Jan 15, 2019
Just a heads up, I've noticed a (admittedly really rare) bug with the combat minigame. On occasion, one single cell will refuse to accept cards. I.e. trying to play cards from A3 to E3, A3 you can place a card normally, E3 will just repeatedly bounce the card back to your hand. It doesn't matter what order you lay the cards down, which cards you try (yes, I'm sure these are valid hands, its blocked me from a a full house at the very least), and it only affects one cell at a time. Then the enemy goes (2 of the 3 times placing cards in the cell that was blocked for me, which is kinda irritating), and the problem vanishes.
I think it also vanish this problem if you click to auto battle the particular battle (from the round of battles) but I have met it few times :unsure:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
When you say latest, is that 0.3.24a, or is that 0.4.1? (Just checking to see if that bug is still with us).
Sorry I meant the one linked in the OP v0.3.24b.

I did run into 1 bug that I didn't hit in my previous playthrough while looking for some of the Emily content you mentioned in a new playthrough. Day 30 in Ceremonial class there is a dialog that seems messed up. Instead of a choice that makes sense it gives you a choice between something like "Day 30 dialog" and something similar, both with names that sound like variable names rather than real dialog. I didn't take a screenshot so I don't have the exact wording.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes