DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Built in, press Ctrl+J (or you can access it from the settings menu). You can edit any numbers, but obviously there's a risk of breaking some scenes if you just crank all your stats to 50. Money is safe to tinker with, setting the various stats to 10 is safe; lift it too high (40/50+) and you can accidentally kill enemies in one round that were supposed to stick around to chat with you in combat. I'd be a little careful about changing the flags (underneath the values), since that can break progression.
Well in the old public build setting stats up high was pretty safe, might have changed if you revamped the damage skills did in the game. :)

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well in the old public build setting stats up high was pretty safe, might have changed if you revamped the damage skills did in the game. :)
Actually, 0.2.14 should be safe, since there's no bonus damage from strength (unlike the 0.3.x builds). 0.3.4 (latest beta) you can insta-kill the hellhound on round 1, which makes Dylan offer to help you after you've killed the dog. But it's not really critical, just progression-breaking.

Reactions: L30 and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Actually, 0.2.14 should be safe, since there's no bonus damage from strength (unlike the 0.3.x builds). 0.3.4 (latest beta) you can insta-kill the hellhound on round 1, which makes Dylan offer to help you after you've killed the dog. But it's not really critical, just progression-breaking.
Looking forward to the new things and story when you are done. :)

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Thats so strange i thought i did everything. Anyway thanks for the fix it worked, but like you said i will load up old save and see what i missed and try again.
Yeah, there's like 1/2 of the game that opens up from that conversation tree.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
emily_sundress.gif

Okay, working on the final scene in Act III. I was hoping to get it out yesterday, and focus on bug-fixing today, but I ended up getting dragged sideways. I figured it was better to leave it until I had time to do it properly, rather than rushing out something sub-standard.

This scene involved a *bunch* of new outfits, as the girls dress up for a beach party. Emily doesn't have a swimsuit (this predates the swimming date), but I think she looks quite nice in that sundress. Though it might be a little more transparent than she realized

molly_swimsuit2.gif molly_swimsuit.gif

I can only imagine what that swimsuit would look like wet. Sadly she never gets in the water.

Heresi

May 26, 2018
or know how to edit the save file[money] etc etc?
Easy!

Step 1: Get a hex editor. I recommend HxD.
Step 2: Find "C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic"
Step 3: Open save_##.sav in HxD.
Step 4: Ctrl-end to the end of the file. Look for the word "cash" in the last 1K of binary. The amount of cash is encoded in hexadecimal (little-endian) immediately after. Same for int, chr, and str.
Step 5: Save changes.
Step 6: Open game. Oh, wait, I forgot:
Step 0: Close game because editing a live save often won't work, it caches it or something.
Step 7: Load game.
Step 8: Sod this for a lark and use the in-game cheat.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
1582595398821.png

Ctrl + J for the ingame cheat (looks like a bug symbol, top left).
You can now edit the various variables in use. The principal ones are cash, str, chr and int. You can also toggle various debug systems. Start day can be used to reuse a given day, if you're so inclined (but it can obviously cause bugs if you skip events, etc). FPS overlay wouldn't be on the public build; you can get the latest beta build from Discord.

Heresi

May 26, 2018
Start day can be used to reuse a given day, if you're so inclined (but it can obviously cause bugs if you skip events, etc).
Well that's freakin' awesome because I was hex editing my save repeatedly to get me some dedicated book reading time. (Which is how I know how to hex edit a save for a game with a built-in cheat menu. No regrets, because I'd sing a bit of Gamma Ray's "Tribute to the Past" and giggle every time.)

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm liking this quite a bit so far. The music is greatly appreciated even if it is somewhat repetitive. I wish more devs would add it. Interesting idea on the combat mechanics, I was thoroughly confused by the screenshots before I tried it but I like it. Looking forward to playing around with it some more.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm liking this quite a bit so far. The music is greatly appreciated even if it is somewhat repetitive. I wish more devs would add it. Interesting idea on the combat mechanics, I was thoroughly confused by the screenshots before I tried it but I like it. Looking forward to playing around with it some more.
Not the first time I hear the initial description sounds more like Harry Potter than Harry Dresden. Might be worthwhile editing things for the Act III launch, make it feel a bit more on point. I'm obviously a bit close to the subject matter, what do you guys think?

• Thinking Face

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm not sure if this is reproduceable or if it was just a fluke but I after messing with the difficulty slider and retrying the first fight with the minotaur I think my game got bugged. I get to the part where Emily casts her buff on you and she says something about the monster being too strong and then you can't do anything anymore. The minotaur is gone but you can't move. You can click on Emily but no dialog appears. After it did that, it didn't matter what difficulty I picked, that fight stayed bugged. The resolution for me was to log out of windows, log back in, and restart the game. Just restarting the game didn't fix it but logging out and restarting did.

This happened after I tried the hardest difficulty setting just to see what it was like. I think I'll stick to normal for now :)

PS, I loved both Harry Potter and the Dresden Files so if those were your inspiration I suspect I'll like it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I'm not sure if this is reproduceable or if it was just a fluke but I after messing with the difficulty slider and retrying the first fight with the minotaur I think my game got bugged. I get to the part where Emily casts her buff on you and she says something about the monster being too strong and then you can't do anything anymore. The minotaur is gone but you can't move. You can click on Emily but no dialog appears. After it did that, it didn't matter what difficulty I picked, that fight stayed bugged. The resolution for me was to log out of windows, log back in, and restart the game. Just restarting the game didn't fix it but logging out and restarting did.

This happened after I tried the hardest difficulty setting just to see what it was like. I think I'll stick to normal for now :)
That's weird as hell. Especially needing the restart, there's nothing that's persistent across sessions like that.

Difficulty has been tweaked in the 0.3.x builds, it was too hard :) Hopefully that'll be out on the site in a day or two (I have one last scene I'm writing, then bug-testing), or you can check it out on Discord (if you're okay dealing with the occasional WIP bug )

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
That's weird as hell. Especially needing the restart, there's nothing that's persistent across sessions like that.

Difficulty has been tweaked in the 0.3.x builds, it was too hard :) Hopefully that'll be out on the site in a day or two (I have one last scene I'm writing, then bug-testing), or you can check it out on Discord (if you're okay dealing with the occasional WIP bug )
It was probably just a fluke. I haven't run into any further issues and have been playing for hours now.

• Love

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not the first time I hear the initial description sounds more like Harry Potter than Harry Dresden. Might be worthwhile editing things for the Act III launch, make it feel a bit more on point. I'm obviously a bit close to the subject matter, what do you guys think?
Well this is maybe more for the QoL update of Act 3, what possibly could work better is not have a tutorial upfront but during your first fight, maybe a dream fight where you explain what happens when it happens and then maybe have a link at end where they can read a full tutorial outside of the game with tips and hints like the walk through.

Reactions: Rolo

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Mo
Well this is maybe more for the QoL update of Act 3, what possibly could work better is not have a tutorial upfront but during your first fight, maybe a dream fight where you explain what happens when it happens and then maybe have a link at end where they can read a full tutorial outside of the game with tips and hints like the walk through.
More just about the first post in the thread... Curbside appeal and all that :) I wonder if people read it, see the screen shots, and wonder wtf :)

• Haha
4.60 star(s) 249 Votes