VN Ren'Py Love Season: Farmer's Dreams [v1.8] [MuseX]

4.20 star(s) 73 Votes

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I haven't played Farmer's Dreams but this epizode's cliffhanger doesn't happen in that game? ( I'm guessing this is where the two game split, in major story arcs)

E.l.l.0

Formerly 'Ellordrings'
Feb 1, 2018
Feminine nominative singular of Latin novus (“new”).
The feminine is used since stella (“star”) is feminine; thus nova is a shortening of nova stella (“new star”)
Novus means new. Nova means new star, to be precise.
From the overview: " We added a NEW character. Nova (...)"

Unlike English, in some languages, most nouns have both a masculine and a feminine form. In Latin, Catalan, Galician, and Portuguese, "nova" means "new". And I found it funny; the fact that a new feminine character was called Nova. I know what "nova" in Astronomy is; as well as "supernova". I just said what the word means; not what it is used for in Astronomy. And even in that context, it was taken from the Latin "nova stella"; literally meaning "new star"). I'll edit the original comment in order to prevent further misunderstandings.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

Unlike English, in some languages, most nouns have both a masculine and a feminine form. In Latin, Catalan, Galician, and Portuguese, "nova" means "new". And I found it funny; the fact that a new feminine character was called Nova. I know what "nova" in Astronomy is; as well as "supernova". I just said what the word means; not what it is used for in Astronomy. And even in that context, it was taken from the Latin "nova stella"; literally meaning "new star"). I'll edit the original comment in order to prevent further misunderstandings.
Nova doesn't exist on its own in Latin. Novus means new.
Nova only exists for a shortening of nova stella and is feminine, due to stella being feminine.
This is Latin, not astronomy.
New in Catalan is not nova, it is nou, as in Camp Nou.

• Angry
Reactions: kiawbs and E.l.l.0

E.l.l.0

Formerly 'Ellordrings'
Feb 1, 2018
Nova doesn't exist on its own in Latin. Novus means new.
Nova only exists for a shortening of nova stella and is feminine, due to stella being feminine.
This is Latin, not astronomy.
New in Catalan is not nova, it is nou, as in Camp Nou.
I told you that "nova" is the feminine form. Just try and type "That girl is new" in google translate for Catalan, Galician, and Portuguese, and "new moon" in Latin, since you say it only exists because of Astronomy and that it doesn't exist in Latin. And of course "Camp Nou" uses "Nou" instead of "Nova", because "Camp" is masculine.
Nova Google Translate.png

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I told you that "nova" is the feminine form. Just try and type "That girl is new" in google translate for Catalan, Galician, and Portuguese, and "new moon" in Latin, since you say it only exists because of Astronomy and that it doesn't exist in Latin. And of course "Camp Nou" uses "Nou" instead of "Nova", because Camp is masculine.
Um, try reading my original post again and actually read it this time.
Particularly the 1st sentence: "Feminine nominative singular of Latin novus (“new”)."
If you actually do you'll see that I clearly stated that it is feminine. You did not tell me Jack. I'd already stated it, quite clearly.
I did not argue with your point, I never once claimed that "nova" does not mean "new". I simply refined it to make it correct, by informing you that "nova" is actually just a shortening of "nova stella".
If you're disputing it being used in Latin from the introduction of the astronomical term, you should probably try using something to justify your claim that is not an astronomical term? "New moon" categorically and indisputably is an astronomical term.o_O
Try "new wind" - "novus ventus".
"New clothes" - "novum vestimenta sua"
"New house" - "domus novus"
"New horse" -"novus equus"

"Nova stella" is simply, as I originally said, because "stella" is feminine.
Nova wasn't introduced to Latin until the late 16th century. It only exists because it describes what they thought were new stars, so because stella is feminine, the word for new also needed to be.
Prior to that it was just "novus", as I said.
Don't take my word for it, look it up. Etymology is there to see.
1605679386423.png
1605680748503.png
1605681508109.png
Precisely as I said, it only came to be because of the astronomical term and was only used as a shortening of it.
I rest my case.

*Edit: Funnily enough, in Sicilan it means "news", as in "nessuna nova, bona nova" : "no news is good news"

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: E.l.l.0 and Piat

OscarSix

Modder
Donor
Jul 27, 2019
2020/11/18: Updated Mod, 0.3.1

Change Log:
  • Updated Walkthrough to 0.3.1
  • Recoded and Optimised Gallery
  • Added Image Gallery Unlock
  • Added Scene Gallery Unlock
  • Fixed Typo in Gallery (Chapter 2 -> Chapter 3)
  • Added Named Saves
  • Added Mod Options
    • Change In-Game Names
  • Added Auto Update Checker
Download: - - -

Last edited:

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
anyone else has a exception after talking to Laura in the Store ?
i can continue after pressing ignore, but the dialogue makes it seem that i've missed something there.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020

Nova is both a new character and a bright new star

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
Here is my unofficial android port of Love Season - v0.4.1 + scrappy's WT/Gallery/Cheat Mod
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Grant permission for 2nd persistent save location.

Join my

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 73 Votes