DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
How do you get to the studio if you didn't join the band?
gets you access to guitar book (from Anna or bookstore) if you haven't that skill. I think once you gain the skill, you can overhear Sasha playing guitar in her room at night and gain access to studio.

Of course, if you refused joining the band, the studio is probably closed off.

Skarr

Feb 16, 2018
Pc version is still laggy... Why isn't a 21.7.2a android version? Is it existing? Because the pc version seams to poorly optimised... It's surrealist to see a game with litteraly zero graphics power needed being this laggy even on a decent computer... And it's already been a year or more that this issue is there and that they don't fix it yet...

Waveshaper

Oct 19, 2018
Pc version is still laggy... Why isn't a 21.7.2a android version? Is it existing? Because the pc version seams to poorly optimised... It's surrealist to see a game with litteraly zero graphics power needed being this laggy even on a decent computer... And it's already been a year or more that this issue is there and that they don't fix it yet...
Well, this we're long over with.
The thing is rather complex - but;

1. Graphics have basically no meaning for the overall performance of a game - rendering is only one part of games - so it's only 'surreal' for a game with next to no 'graphics' to have bad performance coming from the CPU-side of things if you understand absolutelly nothing at all about computers. But with such a lack of understanding it will even feel 'surreal' to live on a sphere and not falling down when traveling to Australia...

2. The next layer of complexity that comes into play after the rather simple differences of GPU, CPU, Data-Throughput or -Bandwith, etc. is the engine used. Not every engine, not every framework, not every coding language shows the same performance - not overall and most definitely not if you compare different types of applications - you can't even expect different coding languages to manage to solve the same mathematical calculations with comparable speed and performance...

Ergo; from how things are now I would say it's a safe bet that the performance issues actually wont get any better but most likely even worse. Unless there is a switch to another engine/framework or RimPy pushing a backwards-compatible update that improves things massively I doubt it's something that can easily improved just on the code-side of things.
I have to admit that I still haven't looked into the files close enough to find out what exactly is causing the slowdown, but I have some suspicions based on what is known about RimPy's strengths and weaknesses and I don't think that there is an easy solution if it turns out that's really the reason.

That said - the game runs fine for many of us - so you can expect that in reality there are at least two or three additional complexity layers to the issue...

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Does dev intend that eventually MC will be able to establish romantic relationships with the MILFs in the game, Cherie and....what is the name of Bree's boss? Kiara?

Juicespectre

Jul 3, 2017
Hey guys I'm hoping someone can help me. For Anna you have to wait for her phone call to get her from the bar. On this event I got the phone call I didn't want to do it at the time so I hit the reject button. My max LP went up with her though and the game is in this weird state where she has 30 LP but the event will never trigger and I can't progress with her. Is there a console command to force this specific event or am I just SOL?
did you ever manage to fix this? I have the same bug i have 30lp with her and yet he quest tracker tells me to wait for her call. Effectively locking her out in my run, ive invested hours into this run and i dont want to start over.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
1. Graphics have basically no meaning for the overall performance of a game - rendering is only one part of games - so it's only 'surreal' for a game with next to no 'graphics' to have bad performance coming from the CPU-side of things if you understand absolutelly nothing at all about computers. But with such a lack of understanding it will even feel 'surreal' to live on a sphere and not falling down when traveling to Australia...
You are correct, but I would actually go further: while I am certain that it has nothing to do with the issues at hand, sprite games like this even have a more complicated graphics setting from the view of the end user than the more common fully rendered games. The latter just display one picture - which may have taken hours to render on a high end computer and take up loads of disk space but just is only one image. It is not comparable how real life rendered 3D games will need more power than 2D sprites. This game has multiple layers which need to be adjusted, all the parts of a girl (facial expression, clothing, piercings) are different images which need to be shown in the correct place. Certainly not rocket science but more than in a game like BaDIK (to pick a random popular game) which "only" shows finished images.

This game however has loads of variables which will regularily be checked and changed, and not just in a "+1" way, which may add to the problem, but the root must lie elsewhere.

Reactions: Skarr

Skarr

Feb 16, 2018
Well, this we're long over with.
The thing is rather complex - but;

2. The next layer of complexity that comes into play after the rather simple differences of GPU, CPU, Data-Throughput or -Bandwith, etc. is the engine used. Not every engine, not every framework, not every coding language shows the same performance - not overall and most definitely not if you compare different types of applications - you can't even expect different coding languages to manage to solve the same mathematical calculations with comparable speed and performance...

Ergo; from how things are now I would say it's a safe bet that the performance issues actually wont get any better but most likely even worse. Unless there is a switch to another engine/framework or RimPy pushing a backwards-compatible update that improves things massively I doubt it's something that can easily improved just on the code-side of things.
I have to admit that I still haven't looked into the files close enough to find out what exactly is causing the slowdown, but I have some suspicions based on what is known about RimPy's strengths and weaknesses and I don't think that there is an easy solution if it turns out that's really the reason.

That said - the game runs fine for many of us - so you can expect that in reality there are at least two or three additional complexity layers to the issue...
I'm well aware of the 1st and 2nd parts, and having a Ryzen 3600 + gtx 1060 6go + 16go ram + 500gb SSD M2 still let the all thing seams surreal, even if I know that it works better on other configs... but still! There's other game like these which have no problem at all. So I think the issue, over than just the engine used, is the human part too in the process...

A game in this state shoudn't be proposed on steam at full price if it's not garanteed to work perfectly. I understand patreon, it's a different process.But well, as you said, and I fully agree, it's a good game, just hoping that at the end (if there is one one day) this issue will be fixed to assure a good experience for everyone.
I still have one question unanswered though : is there the android version as recent as the one on pc? the ".2a"
Cause the game works greatly on android.

Reactions: Aioria619

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
ok i have a question about getting the taming harem. i have every condition i need except the kink point with ayesha.
my problem is that they are capped at 50% & according to the wiki i need at least 75%, but i don´t see how i can raise that cap.
doea anyone know how i can do that?

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
ok i have a question about getting the taming harem. i have every condition i need except the kink point with ayesha.
my problem is that they are capped at 50% & according to the wiki i need at least 75%, but i don´t see how i can raise that cap.
doea anyone know how i can do that?
From what I see on the , her KP needs to be less than or equal 75.

You are probably missing some other condition (not necessarily a stat), possibly the " trigger Kylies event" mentioned in wiki.

Waveshaper

Oct 19, 2018
but still! There's other game like these which have no problem at all. So I think the issue, over than just the engine used, is the human part too in the process...
Well, it's possible for sure - but not necessarily. And even if that's the case, it's a question of how much skill one is expecting from a small H-Game developer. I mean - just look at titles like 'Ark' - a game with no clue how many players/owners but a developer behind it who still isn't able to produce optimized maps on the chosen engine. Not that I defend anyone from producing sub-par software - but reality shows us that you only can expect so much. It's unfortunate - but not particularly much you can do against it.

But there is another point in this quote I think is way more important to figure out what is really the source/reason for the bad performance. It's the "There's other game like these which have no problem" and my response to it would be; "Are there any?"

On the surface L&S:SB looks like any other RenPy dating sim - sure - but this game does some things that are only really found in some other titles I know of. Especially the conditional way it renders the NPC models. While most games in this genre use simple 2D graphics from a pool, L&S:SB uses a dynamic way to generate the NPC bodies out of single elements depending on conditions. So if the performance issues come from the rendering process, this might be the main candidate to look into - simply because the game has to load (and previously check variables) way more individual graphics like most other game.

The other aspect are the variables themselves - there are quite some in the game in its current state - and I would expect it being way more than most dating sims use - even those who work with RNG generated routines and are more based on a sandbox experience. That's the point I lack most knowledge in regards to RenPy though - I simply don't know how good the framework actually is doing that stuff. And since it was initially made for something different in mind - something that never would need so many checks - it's likely that the engine itself is just particularily poor in handling things.

Both aspects don't exist in their own bubble though - so it might even be that both are relevant and are reducing the overall performance. And on top of that it might as well be that badly written routines pile on top of this limits as well. The problem I see in such cases is if a small dev is actually capable of fixing/improving on such issues - you have to be a GOOD coder to develop a code backbone/framework that's optimized as well - in many instances that's actually one of the more often used aspects to decide between a mere 'coder' and a good one. At least I know that my company uses similar aspects to decide who to hire - since it often shows who merely has a basic education writing code and who really UNDERSTANDS what they are doing.

But at this point we intersect with your other point...

A game in this state shoudn't be proposed on steam at full price if it's not garanteed to work perfectly.
THIS I can fully support. If you offer your software on official channels to the market, you sure can be judged by universal standards - and you SHOULD imho - because that's the only way responsible consumers are able to shape the market into a direction of improvement.

Someone sells a €60,- VN with poorly made renders, 6th grader grammar & a buggy save-mechanic? Doesn't matter if you're only two guys on college - don't put it up for ten times what it's maybe worth then! Simple as that.

So IN GENERAL I'm all for harsh but rational criticism to weed out the market - there are already way too many people throwing cash at projects and developer long before they present anything really and are artificially keeping a market alive that should better just die out. Such people are part of the problem and are making things worse for EVERYONE - because THEY THEMSELVES are not getting GOOD game that way, but by giving fertile soil to shady developer they are also helping that the market can produce shit and gets away with it. And why should a developer do/invest more than necessary as long as they are making cash?

BUT...
I actually went on Steam right now to check L&S:SB's entry to check on the details myself. And well... it's €17,- full-price... that might be high enough to judge it by some standards - but still too little to judge it by regular AAA or even Indie standards imho. Yeah, it IS an official product and therefore should aim for technical stability even before content - but well... I've remember buying 50,- full-price games on physical discs in the late 2000s I never actually were able to play, because they didn't even install correctly from disk. And I don't mean they didn't installed correctly ON MY SYSTEM - no, they had inherent issues making it impossible to use those discs even on modern systems - at a time constant internet-access wasn't as prevalent as it is now - games from somewhat popular development studios...

So... well... I really can't go TOO hard on this game considering all those aspects. It's a relatively cheap game - it's officially labeled 'Early Access' what seems fair to me - it works at least okay-ish on many systems - the development-cycle is a bit slow but rather consistent (at least compared to other projects in the genre) - and it builds on a quite innovative and actually more than solid game-design-idea even if the execution lacks polish and it's wasting some of that potential...

In times when about 95% of overall developed game projects are apparently made by people with zero talent for gamedesign but some basic knowledge in coding on Unity having such a rough gem is actually worth something. Maybe that's just how much gamers have lost their edge and standards over the years - guess that's quite a possibility - but it is what it is. :)
Even if the execution won't produce something 'solid' in the end... I, as a 'hobby game-designer' myself can at least see that who ever came up with the game design has some talent for it - you get some keen intuition over the years for who knows shit and who is just copying something that already was made by someone with more talent before them...

I still have one question unanswered though : is there the android version as recent as the one on pc? the ".2a"
Cause the game works greatly on android.
That I unfortunately can't answer myself - it shouldn't be that hard to compile the hotfixed master for Android as well afaik - since RimPy apparently has quite solid functions to compile for multi-platform without much additional work necessary. It might be that it's just we on F95 not getting the files - but I have no clue who's responsible for providing/uploading them or how the process works in practice.

From what I can see, v.21.7.2b IS in fact listed for Android over on Itch.io - so it appears as if the patches are in fact available for mobile. So it might just need someone to provide the files over here as well.

Last edited:

Skarr

Feb 16, 2018
Well, it's possible for sure - but not necessarily. And even if that's the case, it's a question of how much skill one is expecting from a small H-Game developer. I mean - just look at titles like 'Ark' - a game with no clue how many players/owners but a developer behind it who still isn't able to produce optimized maps on the chosen engine. Not that I defend anyone from producing sub-par software - but reality shows us that you only can't expect so much. It's unfortunate - but not particularly much you can do against it.

But there is another point in this quote I think is way more important to figure out what is really the source/reason for the bad performance. It's the "There's other game like these which have no problem" and my response to it would be; "Are there any?"

On the surface L&S:SB looks like any other RenPy dating sim - sure - but this game does some things that are only really found in some other titles I know of. Especially the conditional way it renders the NPC models. While most games in this genre use simple 2D graphics from a pool, L&S:SB uses a dynamic way to generate the NPC bodies out of single elements depending on conditions. So if the performance issues come from the rendering process, this might be the main candidate to look into - simply because the game has to load (and previously check variables) way more individual graphics like most other game.

The other aspect are the variables themselves - there are quite some in the game in its current state - and I would expect it being way more than most dating sims use - even those who work with RNG generated routines and are more based on a sandbox experience. That's the point I lack most knowledge in regards to RenPy though - I simply don't know how good the framework actually is doing that stuff. And since it was initially made for something different in mind - something that never would need so many checks - it's likely that the engine itself is just particularily poor in handling things.

Both aspects don't exist in their own bubble though - so it might even be that both are relevant and are reducing the overall performance. And on top of that it might as well be that badly written routines pile on top of this limits as well. The problem I see in such cases is if a small dev is actually capable of fixing/improving on such issues - you have to be a GOOD coder to develop a code backbone/framework that's optimized as well - in many instances that's actually one of the more often used aspects to decide between a mere 'coder' and a good one. At least I know that my company uses similar aspects to decide who to hire - since it often shows who merely has a basic education writing code and who really UNDERSTANDS what they are doing.

But at this point we intersect with your other point...

THIS I can fully support. If you offer your software on official channels to the market, you sure can be judged by universal standards - and you SHOULD imho - because that's the only way responsible consumers are able to shape the market into a direction of improvement.

Someone sells a €60,- VN with poorly made renders, 6th grader grammar & a buggy save-mechanic? Doesn't matter if you're only two guys on college - don't put it up for ten times what it's maybe worth then! Simple as that.

So IN GENERAL I'm all for harsh but rational criticism to weed out the market - there are already way too many people throwing cash at projects and developer long before they present anything really and are artificially keeping a market alive that should better just die out. Such people are part of the problem and are making things worse for EVERYONE - because THEY THEMSELVES are not getting GOOD game that way, but by giving fertile soil to shady developer they are also helping that the market can produce shit and gets away with it. And why should a developer do/invest more than necessary as long as they are making cash?

BUT...
I actually went on Steam right now to check L&S:SB's entry to check on the details myself. And well... it's €17,- full-price... that might be high enough to judge it by some standards - but still too little to judge it by regular AAA or even Indie standards imho. Yeah, it IS an official product and therefore should aim for technical stability even before content - but well... I've remember buying 50,- full-price games on physical discs in the late 2000s I never actually were able to play, because they didn't even install correctly from disk. And I don't mean they didn't installed correctly ON MY SYSTEM - no, they had inherent issues making it impossible to use those discs even on modern systems - at a time constant internet-access wasn't as prevalent as it is now - games from somewhat popular development studios...

So... well... I really can't go TOO hard on this game considering all those aspects. It's a relatively cheap game - it's officially labeled 'Early Access' what seems fair to me - it works at least okay-ish on many systems - the development-cycle is a bit slow but rather consistent (at least compared to other projects in the genre) - and it builds on a quite innovative and actually more than solid game-design-idea even if the execution lacks polish and it's wasting some of that potential...

In times when about 95% of overall developed game projects are apparently made by people with zero talent for gamedesign but some basic knowledge in coding on Unity having such a rough gem is actually worth something. Maybe that's just how much gamers have lost their edge and standards over the years - guess that's quite a possibility - but it is what it is. :)
Even if the execution won't produce something 'solid' in the end... I, as a 'hobby game-designer' myself can at least see that who ever came up with the game design has some talent for it - you get some keen intuition over the years for who knows shit and who is just copying something that already was made by someone with more talent before them...

That I unfortunately can't answer myself - it shouldn't be that hard to compile the hotfixed master for Android as well afaik - since RimPy apparently has quite solid functions to compile for multi-platform without much additional work necessary. It might be that it's just we on F95 not getting the files - but I have no clue who's responsible for providing/uploading them or how the process works in practice.

From what I can see, v.21.7.2b IS in fact listed for Android over on Itch.io - so it appears as if the patches are in fact available for mobile. So it might just need someone to provide the files over here as well.
Wow !! That's what I call a great answer! Thank you, really! It's amazing to stumble on someone who will talk and explain, in a very good and intelligent way, to questions rather than just call people dumb and insulting them for answer. Your answer is great, and gave me more to think on an other perspective.Thank you ^^

Reactions: DougTheC

crashdingo

Jan 25, 2018
Hi i have few questions
1) I have a problem where i can't see any sprite of cherie during the cassidy events it is a way to fix that?
2) Is there any console command to make harmony reappears in the game? I have missed my chance during her introduction
3) Is it posssible to make cassidy and aletta your girlfriend without negating any of the other girls in the game?
4) with the exception of Morgan and Kleio harem scenes, are the other harem scenes where you can impregnate girls or is the pregancy rate fixed for those scenes?
5) despite having an hung skill it seems that the 100% pregnancy is not guaranteed, i make many booty calls and fuck options but it seems the girl won't get pregnant.
6) for the dick size reaction is just for the first time the girl witness it or is it in general? is there a way with cheat/console command to change from hung skill to small dick and viceversa just to see the reaction?
7) Is there a console command to trigger a character to a certain location? I have been trying with Emma meets Bree at the university but they seems to never meet each others
8) Ican't trigger Ayesha cinema "date", i don't see any icons featuring her.
9) Is there a console command to trigger Minami changing hair to blonde even without having shasha being blonde?
thanks

Last edited:

Arthas Menethil

Apr 7, 2019
Hi i have few questions
1) I have a problem where i can't see any sprite of cherie during the cassidy events it is a way to fix that?
2) Is there any console command to make harmony reappears in the game? I have missed my chance during her introduction
3) Is it posssible to make cassidy and aletta your girlfriend without negating any of the other girls in the game?
4) with the exception of Morgan and Kleio harem scenes, are the other harem scenes where you can impregnate girls or is the pregancy rate fixed for those scenes?
5) despite having an hung skill it seems that the 100% pregnancy is not guaranteed, i make many booty calls and fuck options but it seems the girl won't get pregnant.
6) for the dick size reaction is just for the first time the girl witness it or is it in general? is there a way with cheat/console command to change from hung skill to small dick and viceversa just to see the reaction?
7) Is there a console command to trigger a character to a certain location? I have been trying with Emma meets Bree at the university but they seems to never meet each others
8) Ican't trigger Ayesha cinema "date", i don't see any icons featuring her.
9) Is there a console command to trigger Minami changing hair to blonde even without having shasha being blonde?
thanks
you can effectively check if you got a girl pregnant this way, upload the .save to saveeditor.com page and search for a pregnancy counter

Élysséss

Jan 27, 2018
Anyone can share own save file or files?I bored and tired for Sasha and bree harem route failing and shiori disappered :(

3.60 star(s) 286 Votes