elthaun

Jun 18, 2018
I see a substar page linked from the wiki, but not the button/link to actually subscribe on the page. Would like to support the creator/s.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
It's almost like you didn't pay any attention to her story at all.

No
wait what does being raped have to do with her still acting like a piece'o'shit? One can recognize and sympathize with the first while still condemning the second.

From your first interaction, she's the most insufferably selfish character in the game. Audrey might be up there too, but at least she's honest :love:.

Reactions: Sean Poon

TheMagicalGurl

God of Pregnancy
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2023
Yes, the quest had failed at the very start because I told her I wouldn't take her to Switzerland. The only fix was to say I would, and then the character sarcastically tells her he won't. The quest had still continued to the investigation but she'd already been removed from the game.
I told her to stick it too and then I got told I was in trouble at work and under investigation... Did that event spawn?

It's almost like you didn't pay any attention to her story at all.
Her toxicity made me disinterested, since you all have spoiled her story. I never got past the first few events. In fact, I got further with everyone outside of Lavish and the Detective in their stories... even Harmony, Kylie and Ayesha.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
wait what does being raped have to do with her still acting like a piece'o'shit? One can recognize and sympathize with the first while still condemning the second.
Not saying that you need to put up with everything, but traumatic experiences will lead to people shifting their behaviour, usually not for the better. Think of countless soldiers with PTSD going rampage or similar. Being raped may mean that women (or men, though more rarely) need to come up with some coping mechanism regarding their sexuality, so indeed quite a few become extremely outgoing while others just the other way round.

Moviebuff3000

Dec 9, 2017
I have been waiting for an update of this game, and it turns out that the android version, does not open, it closes suddenly after a very long time of loading...

For when a solution for that problem, another month?

meanwhile those who play this game on android will have to wait longer for another update of this game.
There is quite a few problems with the android version. It wouldn't let me update from the previous version and I had to restart the game again and there is no back button or menu button either just skip, save and auto. I have to completely force close the app to leave it after saving it.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Not saying that you need to put up with everything, but traumatic experiences will lead to people shifting their behaviour, usually not for the better. Think of countless soldiers with PTSD going rampage or similar. Being raped may mean that women (or men, though more rarely) need to come up with some coping mechanism regarding their sexuality, so indeed quite a few become extremely outgoing while others just the other way round.
Exactly, Alexis even says it herself. She uses sex as a weapon so that she won't be hurt again. Its meant to be about getting back a degree of control in one's life, even if that method ends up hurting her more.

On the surface, Alexis is a very bitchy character, there's no doubt about that. But once you dig a little deeper, you realise the amount of pain she has been put through and how much she's been affected by that and how of that bitchiness is a shield to stop anyone from ever hurting her again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hcc22

Apr 26, 2017
can someone help me
i cant start the game the loading screen stop at the end and this happend

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "ch/morgan/images.rpyc", line 381, in script
File "ch/morgan/images.rpyc", line 381, in script
File "renpy/execution.py", line 61, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Love & Sex : Second Base - Weekly week.202315.0
Thu Apr 20 12:14:16 2023

rhemak247

Jun 18, 2017
There is quite a few problems with the android version. It wouldn't let me update from the previous version and I had to restart the game again and there is no back button or menu button either just skip, save and auto. I have to completely force close the app to leave it after saving it.
try the compressed version it's better in terms of interface if it's still the same as the previous update... q.save, q.load is there and so is the rest. not just the save load and skip. also it works faster on my low-mid end phone and tablet but the loading is still hella slow

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
That's a cop-out though to excuse bad behavior. I'm not saying the cause and effect isn't true and doesn't happen, but excusing it devalues those who have gone through traumatic experiences and DON'T take it out on others.

For every Alexis, there's a woman who has suffered greatly and perservered to not let it dictate their future actions, and excessive sympathy towards alexis-types risks diminishing their strength.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Exactly, Alexis even says it herself. She uses sex as a weapon so that she won't be hurt again. Its meant to be about getting back a degree of control in one's life, even if that method ends up hurting her more.

On the surface, Alexis is a very bitchy character, there's no doubt about that. But once you dig a little deeper, you realise the amount of pain she has been put through and how much she's been affected by that and how of that bitchiness is a shield to stop anyone from ever hurting her again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I just wish you could take her character a bit further. For those of us who enjoy collaring, there seems to be a huge area of opportunity to dig in with the punishment a bit more.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That's a cop-out though to excuse bad behavior. I'm not saying the cause and effect isn't true and doesn't happen, but excusing it devalues those who have gone through traumatic experiences and DON'T take it out on others.

For every Alexis, there's a woman who has suffered greatly and perservered to not let it dictate their future actions, and excessive sympathy towards alexis-types risks diminishing their strength.
That's what people used to think, you can walk it off or "close your eyes and think of England" or whatever, just gotta be tough. But sheer numbers mean people got more insight. Not every rogue veteran is just "too weak" or wants a "cop out", there are just too many of them. Similar to a car accident at 50mph where some people walk off almost unscathed while others have several broken legs or even die, or to people walking through a room full of sick people coughing and not get sick while others just barely need to hear a sneeze and developing a fever, psychological impacts differ. And people just are different as well. Some people can climb out of some crevasse and get to safety while others can't and need to wait for help. That doesn't diminish the strength of those who were able to get out in the slightest, but nobody will be equipped to deal with everything life throws at them.

True, psychological damages are less easily found than, say, a broken femur, and less provable, but that does not mean they don't exist. And also true, since you can fake it, or use a real happening as a cop out to just not bother and have a free pass of some kind, people do. But again, that doesn't make those weaker who successfully fight against it.

And of course Mike does not have to put up with Alexis character - whatever reason there is for it. I mean I could say that not doing so and trying to help her because of her bitchiness is just a cop out and diminishes those who go through hard times together, but that would be equally silly. It may be too much for him. It is perfectly fine for Mike as an extension of the player to reject her. It just isn't necessarily her fault, nor his. It may be the player's fault that he sleeps around with everybody, keeping it secret as long as possible, while not being happy with a woman doing the same except being more open about it, but that would be a real life argument (where it would be hypocritical) but falls flat in a wish fulfillment game.

And finally that leads us to the meta level of whether or not we want to have such type of a character in a game like this. That is entirely personal of course, and a totally different discussion, which we better leave because many a thread was cleaned up and many a user admonished when discussing it in too much detail.

In the end I was answering to your question what being raped would have to do with acting bitchy, and the answer to that is: it can happen, and it is not necessarily the victim's fault.

soulhunter18

Oct 1, 2017
Anybody know how to trigger cassidy coming back after her and aletta fight? I can't seem to get her to come back even though its been weeks ingame.

andrewong1980

Dec 8, 2018
Hmm...previous saves are not compatible with this latest update? That is the first time this has happened, I have always been able to continue with my original saves. It's kind of scary to consider starting all over again from scratch.

Reactions: Coolioangelo

rhemak247

Jun 18, 2017
Hmm...previous saves are not compatible with this latest update? That is the first time this has happened, I have always been able to continue with my original saves. It's kind of scary to consider starting all over again from scratch.
worked fine with mine. though what I kept from my old save was my end game so I can start at a new game plus for the new version.. but I loaded some of my old saves at first, seemed to work so far..?

rhemak247

Jun 18, 2017
Needs to be done at 15:00 on Saturday. It's one of few time you need to be exactly on time to trigger. It took me quite a while to figure that one out at first.
there's a very detailed walkthrough though on steam... I never got lost coz this, I want to breeze through the story, and the walkthrough don't have much apoilers, it's more of a guid to know the schedule of the events

3.60 star(s) 285 Votes