Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ev/general_events.rpy", line 28, in <module>
NameError: name 'samantha' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "ev/general_events.rpyc", line 28, in script
  File "J:\Data\LoSeSb-Public-18.09.1-win\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "J:\Data\LoSeSb-Public-18.09.1-win\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/ev/general_events.rpy", line 28, in <module>
NameError: name 'samantha' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Love & Sex : Second Base - Public Edition 18.09.1
Sun Sep 16 19:45:30 2018
You shouldn't use a patron edition save in the public edition, it will crash.
So many game breaking bugs. Always a good idea to test your product before releasing it which seems like that step was skipped. Like great, thanks for the 2 dialogue choices where one makes me lose friendship points and the other crashes the game. Hell, you can't even get through seeing samantha on the street cause every path is bugged. Just seems like lazy coding and lazier writing in this game. If this quality of release is the norm for this game I don't see how or why it would be popular on here.
You are probably using your patreon edition saves in the public edition too, as Samantha is NOT in the public edition your game crash.
This release of the game is mostly bug free or at least fairly playable thank you very much.
Have a nice day playing something more suitable to your taste.
help ;w; i can't buy Z-box why someone tell me pls
Probably because you don't have enough money, it will show up in the shop option of the mall if you do.

Reactions: the66 and UncleVT

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Ah yeah I did 18.08.1g and I recall not having that issue on that build
Wait for the patreon edition to be posted here, you will not have that issue with it.
Renpy seems to keep strange stuff in it's persitent data somtimes, I think yours still thinks Samantha is there somwhere and is insulting you because he can't find her ;)

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I have started clearing out the appdata folder for RenPy games when I update them. I notice a lot fewer bugs since I started this, of course old saves are deleted, so it may not be the best solution in every case.

• Open an explorer window
  • In the navigation bar where it says something like "Libraries" - type "%appdata%" hit enter
  • Find the folder here called RenPy
  • Each RenPy game will have its own folder inside this where saves and settings are located, the one for this game is called "ewLose-1512630773" on my machine.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
You shouldn't use a patron edition save in the public edition, it will crash.

You are probably using your patreon edition saves in the public edition too, as Samantha is NOT in the public edition your game crash.
This release of the game is mostly bug free or at least fairly playable thank you very much.
Have a nice day playing something more suitable to your taste.

Probably because you don't have enough money, it will show up in the shop option of the mall if you do.
Incorrect assumption, I never played the game before, so no previous saves

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Incorrect assumption, I never played the game before, so no previous saves
Then please be my guest and post the error messages you got from the game as you are one of the few still saying the game has a lot of bugs and i am pretty curious as to what those are .

Freakface

Jul 17, 2018
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY I CAN'T GET BREE OVER 50/50, her handcuff stat is still going up it's at 61 right now but the 2 others are stuck at 50. I've done Z box, and I've had the coffee shop conversation with her, what am I missing!???

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
Then please be my guest and post the error messages you got from the game as you are one of the few still saying the game has a lot of bugs and i am pretty curious as to what those are .
Like I said, the first meeting with sam is completely broken, no matter what choices I make in the dialogue it ends up leading to that same error screen that was posted by curtis blaydes on page 87. The only option available is to roll back but there is no way around the event so it just repeats. There was one other instance of something like this earlier on but there was a dialogue option that got around it.

Andrealphus

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2017
Like I said, the first meeting with sam is completely broken, no matter what choices I make in the dialogue it ends up leading to that same error screen that was posted by curtis blaydes on page 87. The only option available is to roll back but there is no way around the event so it just repeats. There was one other instance of something like this earlier on but there was a dialogue option that got around it.
I stand corrected, there was indded a bug in that event, thx for pointing it.
If you download the latest version on itch.io it should be fixed:
As for curtis blaydes's log I looked at the wrong file, I guess I was tired or drunk or both :)

3.60 star(s) 286 Votes