Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
$200 for hard work is still the lower end? I got promoted like at least 6 times by now xD
Yeah well, I though so as well about the lottery. 10 weeks it will be then..........
I don't know why you're still getting $200, because even after a couple of promotions, you should be at least double that.

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
$200 for hard work is still the lower end? I got promoted like at least 6 times by now xD
Yeah well, I though so as well about the lottery. 10 weeks it will be then..........

thx for the help
What is your int stat at? also do you do fast hard work or normal, if your games salary s truly bugged you can work 18 times a week max.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Qhat is the best way to make money? I got already have knowledge = 100 and got promoted X times, but $200 for hard work is simply not enough for the hot tub ($5000) and the sports car ($15000). Any suggestions?
How much does the lottery pay? Is it worth wasting the time?
Working is by far the most reliable way to make money. Pay is also difficulty dependent. If I recall correctly, on Hard difficulty you get just 30% of what you'd make on Easy difficulty. Charm helps for work as well. And if you're playing on hard, it can take some time before you break that $200 / a go.

On one day in the week (Wednesday?) there is a contest in the arcade. Takes one hour, and payout can be pretty decent if you win (Video Game skills helps there as well), but it subject to randomness. On rare occasions you'll find some money on the street, but it is extremely rare. Certainly not a reliable source of income.

Lottery is very random, and not worth the hassle.

Nov 8, 2018
Wow guys thanks for all the concern!!
I don't know why you're still getting $200, because even after a couple of promotions, you should be at least double that.
I already "gained access to" Lavish and got promoted three times after that. Salary increases by ~$20 with each promotion...
Will I get any career benefit from levelling up Lavish? Can imagine that she will be very grateful, but other than that, should I expect any work benefits?

What is your int stat at? also do you do fast hard work or normal, if your games salary s truly bugged you can work 18 times a week max.
Int and Str are at 100, can't seem to raise charm anymore. Stuck at 78 - charm machine doesn't yield anything anymore and can't read the charm books. I am wearing charm clothes only.
Since I fucked Aletta, I am able to always work fast without any consequences. So of course I farm my promotions this way ^^
And yeah, I usually do hard work twice and normal work once a day except for wed and fri - have to practice with my band :D

Working is by far the most reliable way to make money. Pay is also difficulty dependent. If I recall correctly, on Hard difficulty you get just 30% of what you'd make on Easy difficulty. Charm helps for work as well. And if you're playing on hard, it can take some time before you break that $200 / a go.

On one day in the week (Wednesday?) there is a contest in the arcade. Takes one hour, and payout can be pretty decent if you win (Video Game skills helps there as well), but it subject to randomness. On rare occasions you'll find some money on the street, but it is extremely rare. Certainly not a reliable source of income.

Lottery is very random, and not worth the hassle.
I am quite sure I play on medium. As I said, promotions just yield approx. $20 in salary increase...
Don't have the video games skill (unfortunately) - but will certainly try the contest. Nothing to lose here - right?
Btw I have knowledge = 100 and still lose against Bree when playing at home. So is this event not tied to my knowledge level? I read in the wiki that it influences my chances to win games.
Yeah... I once found 68 bucks... Better than nothing but certainly nothing to calculate with.

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
Wow guys thanks for all the concern!!

I already "gained access to" Lavish and got promoted three times after that. Salary increases by ~$20 with each promotion...
Will I get any career benefit from levelling up Lavish? Can imagine that she will be very grateful, but other than that, should I expect any work benefits?

Int and Str are at 100, can't seem to raise charm anymore. Stuck at 78 - charm machine doesn't yield anything anymore and can't read the charm books. I am wearing charm clothes only.
Since I fucked Aletta, I am able to always work fast without any consequences. So of course I farm my promotions this way ^^
And yeah, I usually do hard work twice and normal work once a day except for wed and fri - have to practice with my band :D

I am quite sure I play on medium. As I said, promotions just yield approx. $20 in salary increase...
Don't have the video games skill (unfortunately) - but will certainly try the contest. Nothing to lose here - right?
Btw I have knowledge = 100 and still lose against Bree when playing at home. So is this event not tied to my knowledge level? I read in the wiki that it influences my chances to win games.
Yeah... I once found 68 bucks... Better than nothing but certainly nothing to calculate with.

Charm can be increased in nightclub (requires enough stats, think it's just +3 in normal)
or hot tub (+1 or +2), pool (+1 or+2, but only in spring/summer),
the occasional haircut in the mall
(1 hr, can't figure out the cooldown might also have a limit like admiring self but higher)

I still fail to see why people go for the machines.

band practice doesn't really help much past 80, there's also no punishment if you miss practice battle of the bands can be delayed indefinitely anyways.

Bree's video game stuff is specifically tied to the gaming skill so only when you play her gamer path, workaholic is a decent skill.

Reactions: Hurensohn Heigl

JohnnySindacco

Jun 4, 2018
When i date with pregnant samantha in mall and buy the baby stuff why at the end she angry to mike and just leave mike alone? Samantha contact in mike phone disappeared too.. sorry for my english:)

Arthas Menethil

Apr 7, 2019
When i date with pregnant samantha in mall and buy the baby stuff why at the end she angry to mike and just leave mike alone? Samantha contact in mike phone disappeared too.. sorry for my english:)
What you are saying is a samantha event when she is pregnant.

That event collides with your date with Samantha at the time.

She should not disappear, in any case malfunctioning

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
I don't care.
I love that response.

That said, I do like Old Kleio more, mainly because there's a certain softness to her character that seems more in line with the general art style of the work at large. However, I wouldn't presume to demand from the dev to go back, as at the end of the day, it is Andrealphus's artistic vision, which hasn't done us wrong thus far. Additionally, I poked around at the art a bit, and it doesn't look like it's by any stretch of the imagination that easy to revert to old Kleio. The art seems like it stores the general body, with different overlay features for their expressions, etc. placed over them at times, so it wouldn't be a simple image swap. You'd probably have to go back and look through multiple change sets if it's even in source control. And even then, I think there were many major updates in between where the code was redone (partially to do with lags, other times to do with Ren'py engine upgrades, etc.)

Attached a little image for your viewing pleasure for the internal chuckle I had at Andrealphus's response. I don't know why, sometimes I like the way the dev's curt and blunt responses sound like mental abuse to me, even though it's obviously not.

Please always be you, Andrealphus.

3.60 star(s) 285 Votes