Ren'Py Abandoned Lovely Academy [v0.1.2] [CastleStudios]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I think i s better if the father is dead, otherwise i guarantee you:
He will come knocking at the door when you are bout to deflower his daughter, and she will get cold feet, and all of the sudden you will only get handjobs for like 6 months of updates and then. When you finally become old, after having experienced 200 forms of sex without vaginal penetration, you will finally have the oportiunity once again, only to find that is the end of the current content, and the game is only giving updates for characters that only give handjobs.

So, thats why you dont want living fathers.
You must have a real crappy dad. Joking. But, seriously. Almost every game has a dead dad. What's wrong with having a dead son for once? Maybe son and mom died in a car accident because of a drunk ice cream truck driver. So, the dad moves back to his mom.

After all these dead dads, it's time for something new. Ahahaha

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
Lovely Academy [v0.1.1] [CastleStudios] crunched

Download (PC*/Mac):
Workupload - - MediaFire

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.
Thank you for a MacOS version! I ”liked” your post. I played through it late last night. I don’t recall having any issues come up. I will double check, but I think I joined Dev’s Patreon too.

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ"

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Thank you for a MacOS version! I ”liked” your post. I played through it late last night. I don’t recall having any issues come up. I will double check, but I think I joined Dev’s Patreon too.
You're welcome!

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
I think i s better if the father is dead, otherwise i guarantee you:
He will come knocking at the door when you are bout to deflower his daughter, and she will get cold feet, and all of the sudden you will only get handjobs for like 6 months of updates and then. When you finally become old, after having experienced 200 forms of sex without vaginal penetration, you will finally have the oportiunity once again, only to find that is the end of the current content, and the game is only giving updates for characters that only give handjobs.

So, thats why you dont want living fathers.

I must thank you, your feedback helped me to know which points I should improve and which to focus on, I really took it into account and I am working hard on it, thank you very much for both positive and negative comments!

Reactions: EJW

zainon

Jan 27, 2021
i really loved all the LIs model i met so far. specially the chick that doing a part time in the store. one question tho, is this a harem or 1 LI at a time?

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
i really loved all the LIs model i met so far. specially the chick that doing a part time in the store. one question tho, is this a harem or 1 LI at a time?
Good Morning! Thanks for taking the time to play my game! It can be both, it depends on what the player chooses! :)

Reactions: EJW

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I find the lack of screens suspicious. Is this another one of those absurdres 10 minute games?

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Ok, a combination of things that *really* annoy me when I see them in games:
-No scrollback
-Small pauses before text shows up.

The combination of these two things means, that I often miss text, because I try to click forward to the next line, and then it turns out that next line was timed to appear, meaning the click skips right over it, with no option to scroll back, so there's no way to fix my click and return to that line to read it.

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
-No scrollback

The combination of these two things means, that I often miss text, because I try to click forward to the next line, and then it turns out that next line was timed to appear, meaning the click skips right over it, with no option to scroll back, so there's no way to fix my click and return to that line to read it.

Hi! Scrollback will be reactivated the next update as many think it is better that way. Thanks for taking the time to test my game and leave your comment!

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
You move into a small town and have to resolve a series of murders after enrolling in school?
Guess you will have to !

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexCastle

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
Hey dev so i gotta say, your game is Great!
it really does feel like a japanese visual novel, well, to an extent, but it is the closest thing i have seen with daz models that feels like that.
Anywho, i hope there is a lot of romance built up and not just straight up meaningless sex.
This VN feels like its going to have a good story too and hope thats the case.
Regardless, great job dev

• Red Heart
Reactions: EJW and AlexCastle

aexiel

Sep 5, 2018
AlexCastle I love the game and the anime-ish characters but please don't turn this into a multiple-characters thing, I loved the game before this last update because you added Naoto, I don't want to play as him, really hope that was only for this update...
it will be nice if you can confirm the mc will be the only mc we will be able to play and that choice with Naoto was a "one-time" thing in the vn, I hate playing as multiple characters because it lost immersion.
I haven't played this update yet but I kind of agree that playing a VN with multiple perspectives (at least on the same run) is a bit a bad idea.

From a narrative perspective, it is okay to show the perspective of other characters but it's a bit of a different story when you actually play as them on the same run.

Think of it like the Last of Us 2. Playing both Elie and Abby left a really bad taste in most people's mouth not because
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but because the player is forced to play both characters with completely opposite goals. The only time the switch will work is when both/all characters you play as on the same run share the same goal, i.e. both are protagonists, or running separate non-interacting lives until a specific plot point i.e. RE2 (you can play either Leon or Claire each playthrough but not both on the same run.

-No scrollback

I feel the same. Not to make offense or anything, but I am seeing a lot of Renpy VNs doing the pause for the next line. I mean most games in development are using this like it's a default. Text based games have no need for this pause in the same block of text. It's what ellipses (...) are for. Just print out each line as they are and end with a (...) when a speaker is supposed to pause before continuing to the next block of text.

I had high hopes for the game but then I saw the proportions of the rest of the girls... Oof. I'm not kink shaming but so far the only one's with normal proportions are Akane and her red headed friend (and they are the one's I'll most likely be only going after). I mean what's the deal with Makoto? They're in college and she already has saggy tits and a cellulite ass. But if that is what everyone likes, cool I guess.

Bit of a tip to the dev, don't bother making multiple renders of slight movement during normal dialogue (like the one with the dad talking), I can see the renders are high quality but this just wastes your time and increases file size. You did good where Akane's friend looked back and forth, this was key to delivery the sense of a comical reaction, but a simple back and forth in a conversation you can make do with just two scenes or even just one. The best way to make the process efficient is to consider what would make more impact when viewed as a scene rather than read as a dialogue.

Reactions: EJW and AlexCastle

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
I haven't played this update yet but I kind of agree that playing a VN with multiple perspectives (at least on the same run) is a bit a bad idea.

From a narrative perspective, it is okay to show the perspective of other characters but it's a bit of a different story when you actually play as them on the same run.

Think of it like the Last of Us 2. Playing both Elie and Abby left a really bad taste in most people's mouth not because
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but because the player is forced to play both characters with completely opposite goals. The only time the switch will work is when both/all characters you play as on the same run share the same goal, i.e. both are protagonists, or running separate non-interacting lives until a specific plot point i.e. RE2 (you can play either Leon or Claire each playthrough but not both on the same run.

I feel the same. Not to make offense or anything, but I am seeing a lot of Renpy VNs doing the pause for the next line. I mean most games in development are using this like it's a default. Text based games have no need for this pause in the same block of text. It's what ellipses (...) are for. Just print out each line as they are and end with a (...) when a speaker is supposed to pause before continuing to the next block of text.

I had high hopes for the game but then I saw the proportions of the rest of the girls... Oof. I'm not kink shaming but so far the only one's with normal proportions are Akane and her red headed friend (and they are the one's I'll most likely be only going after). I mean what's the deal with Makoto? They're in college and she already has saggy tits and a cellulite ass. But if that is what everyone likes, cool I guess.

Bit of a tip to the dev, don't bother making multiple renders of slight movement during normal dialogue (like the one with the dad talking), I can see the renders are high quality but this just wastes your time and increases file size. You did good where Akane's friend looked back and forth, this was key to delivery the sense of a comical reaction, but a simple back and forth in a conversation you can make do with just two scenes or even just one. The best way to make the process efficient is to consider what would make more impact when viewed as a scene rather than read as a dialogue.
Hi! First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to play my game and leave your precious review. Thank you very much for the recommendations, of course I will take them into account, since it is my first game, it is logical that I will have faults and points to improve, but thanks to comments like these, I will be able to do it and make a game that everyone likes!

Last edited:

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
This is an okay start, I suppose. But there are some things I must say.

First of all, I think someone already said as much, but having some minuscule transition before the textbox shows back up tends to cause no end of frustration. I've had it happen quite a few times that I was waiting for the next line of text and hit the spacebar to get it to show up, because I thought I was just sitting on a screen where nothing happens, and I hit the spacebar the moment the textbox shows up, before I can read it. Little "animations" like this can be cool, but I recommend you use them sparingly, because having them everywhere is just annoying. (This is especially bad if you disable rollback. I know, you'll put it back in. Just saying.)

Secondly, I don't say this often, but maybe a couple of lines explaining who those people are that MC is apparently moving in with would have been helpful. I actually came back here to read the overview so I had a better idea of what's going on. It also strikes me as odd that the MC, Mom, and Stepdad are seemingly the only people around with non-Japanese names. Oh, and if MC and Akane end up in the same class, which the conversation with Hana seems to indicate, I'll be really curious about the explanation how his mom gave birth to two children from different men so close together. I mean, MC doesn't seem to like her all that much, which this might explain, but still... A bit unlikely.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it really weird that, after everyone sat down to eat, MC then goes to get the wine from the store, making everyone wait for... I don't know how long, but considering he has to take the subway to get there, probably too long. Enjoy the cold food, I guess... Oh, speaking of that:
Isn’t sandbox
It isn't? Because walking through unfamiliar environments with little indication where you can and should go is exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid when I decide against playing a game with the sandbox tag. There is one kind of sandbox I tolerate; the kind where the sandbox itself is just a character select screen used to decide who you wanna hang out with. A look in the script seems to indicate I missed a good chunk of content by just wanting to get this over with as fast as I could.
Since this is your first game, I'd like you to think about this. Do you really need the sandbox elements? Or could you just show us all the events we're supposed to find in it, one after another?

Before I go, one small thing: When I looked into the script, I noticed that the only way to not gain 3 points with Akane when she asks the MC if he wants to walk to school with her is to leave with her immediately. That seems weird. I'm guessing it's not intended that way.

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
This is an okay start, I suppose. But there are some things I must say.

First of all, I think someone already said as much, but having some minuscule transition before the textbox shows back up tends to cause no end of frustration. I've had it happen quite a few times that I was waiting for the next line of text and hit the spacebar to get it to show up, because I thought I was just sitting on a screen where nothing happens, and I hit the spacebar the moment the textbox shows up, before I can read it. Little "animations" like this can be cool, but I recommend you use them sparingly, because having them everywhere is just annoying. (This is especially bad if you disable rollback. I know, you'll put it back in. Just saying.)

Secondly, I don't say this often, but maybe a couple of lines explaining who those people are that MC is apparently moving in with would have been helpful. I actually came back here to read the overview so I had a better idea of what's going on. It also strikes me as odd that the MC, Mom, and Stepdad are seemingly the only people around with non-Japanese names. Oh, and if MC and Akane end up in the same class, which the conversation with Hana seems to indicate, I'll be really curious about the explanation how his mom gave birth to two children from different men so close together. I mean, MC doesn't seem to like her all that much, which this might explain, but still... A bit unlikely.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it really weird that, after everyone sat down to eat, MC then goes to get the wine from the store, making everyone wait for... I don't know how long, but considering he has to take the subway to get there, probably too long. Enjoy the cold food, I guess... Oh, speaking of that:

It isn't? Because walking through unfamiliar environments with little indication where you can and should go is exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid when I decide against playing a game with the sandbox tag. There is one kind of sandbox I tolerate; the kind where the sandbox itself is just a character select screen used to decide who you wanna hang out with. A look in the script seems to indicate I missed a good chunk of content by just wanting to get this over with as fast as I could.
Since this is your first game, I'd like you to think about this. Do you really need the sandbox elements? Or could you just show us all the events we're supposed to find in it, one after another?

Before I go, one small thing: When I looked into the script, I noticed that the only way to not gain 3 points with Akane when she asks the MC if he wants to walk to school with her is to leave with her immediately. That seems weird. I'm guessing it's not intended that way.
Hello, all those questions will be answered in future updates :)

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Im liking the game a lot. The girls are great, all asian. MC is good too tbh. Lookin forward for more. I like where its all going. Small update but its fine.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexCastle

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
I'm getting a loop in the morning. At night, I chose to not spy on anyone, and just go to sleep. After leaving the MC's bedroom, and heading downstairs, Diane is at the table, says not now. You can go to the living room and see the Lovely Girls figure. Try to go outside, can't, go back, and it's suddenly the previous evening, and everyone's at the dinner table waiting on you. Rinse and repeat.

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
I'm getting a loop in the morning. At night, I chose to not spy on anyone, and just go to sleep. After leaving the MC's bedroom, and heading downstairs, Diane is at the table, says not now. You can go to the living room and see the Lovely Girls figure. Try to go outside, can't, go back, and it's suddenly the previous evening, and everyone's at the dinner table waiting on you. Rinse and repeat.
Hi! Yes, that’s a bug, already fixed for the next update. Just don’t go back to the kitchen, just go outside:)

Reactions: AnyName'llDo
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes