Ren'Py Lovely Academy [v0.1.9] [CastleStudios]

3.70 star(s) 18 Votes

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
People are not angry. They are expressing their conclusion of your game. Sorry bud. I am sure you spent so much time making this game. And you want it to be Liked by all. But stop a second and take a look at your game. It fuckin sucks. MC looks like a femboy. Other girls are lesbians and predators. Tags are missing.
I got your comment and respect your opinion, there's a lot of people that don't like it as there's a lot of people that love it, at the end, each person has their own opinon and that's fine, in the end, I'm making this game to tell my story, not to please anyone. Cheers.

Reactions: karvastor

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
I got your comment and respect your opinion, there's a lot of people that don't like it as there's a lot of people that love it, at the end, each person has their own opinon and that's fine, in the end, I'm making this game to tell my story, not to please anyone. Cheers.
That's perfect, obviously. Put your vision above all else.

That said, you're seeing that the lesbian/bisexual issue or whatever people want to call it, is probably what people like the least.

Would it change your view of your game too much if you decided to make that content optional? For example, having the MC (us) be the one to encourage girls to experiment with other girls instead of them doing it, let's say “behind his back”. With two simple options:

-Do not encourage them to bisexuality.
-Encourage them to bisexuality.

Thus, we as players will have control over such scenes.

And if you want to have a fully lesbian character, have her ask the MC (us players) if it's okay for her to try to flirt/grope/fuck girls the MC likes. And we decide whether to share, or not.

And before someone comes along and says that's not realistic, indeed. This is a game. It's okay to give control to the MC/player. If that happens in real life, it would suck to have to depend on someone and/or ask their permission to date. That doesn't turn girls into mindless sex toys. It's simply giving more agency to the player.

Anyway. Like I said, it's fine that you want to pursue your view. It's ideal. I'm just stating the point of view of those of us who don't like a certain implementation of lesbianism.

AlexCastle

Game Developer
May 26, 2020
That's perfect, obviously. Put your vision above all else.

That said, you're seeing that the lesbian/bisexual issue or whatever people want to call it, is probably what people like the least.

Would it change your view of your game too much if you decided to make that content optional? For example, having the MC (us) be the one to encourage girls to experiment with other girls instead of them doing it, let's say “behind his back”. With two simple options:

-Do not encourage them to bisexuality.
-Encourage them to bisexuality.

Thus, we as players will have control over such scenes.

And if you want to have a fully lesbian character, have her ask the MC (us players) if it's okay for her to try to flirt/grope/fuck girls the MC likes. And we decide whether to share, or not.

And before someone comes along and says that's not realistic, indeed. This is a game. It's okay to give control to the MC/player. If that happens in real life, it would suck to have to depend on someone and/or ask their permission to date. That doesn't turn girls into mindless sex toys. It's simply giving more agency to the player.

Anyway. Like I said, it's fine that you want to pursue your view. It's ideal. I'm just stating the point of view of those of us who don't like a certain implementation of lesbianism.
Of course, bro, I get that, and for the next patch, I'll try to make it optional so it’s more enjoyable for each person's individual tastes! I'm really reading every comment, and far from bothering or depressing me, they motivate me to see where I can improve. I'll take all of that into account so that the next update fixes everything I might have missed and helps me get better and better. :)

phdusa1

Formerly 'Eku7'
Aug 18, 2018
Unofficial android port for Lovely Academy [v0.1.9] [CastleStudios]

Download Android port
|

Basic features:
Dialoguebox opacity slider
Swipe up: Menu
Swipe down: Hide textbox & Quickmenu
Swipe left: Rollback
Swipe right: Skip
Save files(Documents > RenPy_Saves > com.phdusa1.<game-name>)​

phdusa1

Formerly 'Eku7'
Aug 18, 2018
AlexCastle People can use above temporarily until any other(more talented) porters makes one :) I made one for myself to play and thought I would share it.

Edit: Renders look great and story very promising. Congrats on the release :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: AlexCastle

Dreezky

Oct 25, 2023
thats weird I tried and worked well, just tried 6 times and then it’s enough then go to the room in the right
I had the same problem, I did 4 times, I could go into the room but then it told me I had to talk to Julia first (I was then stuck in the apartment), loading my backup and doing 6 times solved the problem.

Apart from that, it's pretty good so far. I don't really like the look of the MC, but that's not really a problem, good luck (y)

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
And before someone comes along and says that's not realistic,
I do not see it as not being realistic. imagine the neighborhood lesbian f(r)iend, trying to flirt/coerse/grope and finaly finger your wife/gf/ or whatever. would you let her or would you tell her to get the fuck off your girl and out of your sight (if your STRAIGHT partner doesnt slap her teeth out first)
and you dont have just one but two of these fucks. a pure lesbian and the "teasing" bs.

but in all honesty I do not see how this can be saved. it would need too much dialogue changes and too much "Options" to stop that lesbo predator who thinks she can do what she likes while the mc is sitting like a moron in the corner "needing her help" to get to the women who must fuck the lesbian first, to be convince to look the mc's way later. :poop:

so I will pass on this one, because it is taking the triple X path and I remember the uproar in that thread and what happened to that guy's patrons/income.

best of health

Reactions: Chris2041

enzozilla

Jan 21, 2024
this game ends with julia bedroom scene or did i something wrong?? and why it says 0.1.9 but when i extract files there is 0.1

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
I do not see it as not being realistic. imagine the neighborhood lesbian f(r)iend, trying to flirt/coerse/grope and finaly finger your wife/gf/ or whatever. would you let her or would you tell her to get the fuck off your girl and out of your sight (if your STRAIGHT partner doesnt slap her teeth out first)
and you dont have just one but two of these fucks. a pure lesbian and the "teasing" bs.

but in all honesty I do not see how this can be saved. it would need too much dialogue changes and too much "Options" to stop that lesbo predator who thinks she can do what she likes while the mc is sitting like a moron in the corner "needing her help" to get to the women who must fuck the lesbian first, to be convince to look the mc's way later. :poop:

so I will pass on this one, because it is taking the triple X path and I remember the uproar in that thread and what happened to that guy's patrons/income.

best of health
Oh so this is how this play damm this looks bad one thing is having a lesbian character but having a couple a the MC having the help of one to fuck the girls having them fucking the lesbian first ....
Yeah even if the dev make the scenes avoidable later i dont see how he can save this damm .... A shame the chsracters look really good .

3.70 star(s) 18 Votes