VN Ren'Py Onhold Lovesome [Ch. 1] [143GAMES]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Unfortunately I couldn't deal with the music that plays when you arrive at the coffee shop, I find it so irritating.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The girls are cute, especially Amy.

Watermarks on renders? Seriously? What for?

A part of dialog regarding Miranda isn't very smart. (Nor original. "Best behavior" again?) IMHO if he focuses on improving the business, he doesn't need to meet with her at all, for now at least.

Reactions: Gorse

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
The girls are cute, especially Amy.

Watermarks on renders? Seriously? What for?

A part of dialog regarding Miranda isn't very smart. (Nor original. "Best behavior" again?) IMHO if he focuses on improving the business, he doesn't need to meet with her at all, for now at least.
Well, unfortunately I have to agree with you, in particular regarding the dialogue... even beyond the one with Miranda.
The conversations with Julia and the Uncle before aren't very 'smart', sophisticated, captivating or immersive either, cause these don't feel natural. Instead they are somewhat too stiff, mundane but yet a bit stilted for me.
On top of that some subjects/topics/matters are literally repeated within the same conversation and the subsequent one as for example the 'great' plan of the Uncle to improve the "financial health" (is that really a common term?)
Additionally, narrative insertions/transitions (screens) aren't needed mostly - it's sufficent already if it's depicted, even for the change of scenes or locations, but especially for occurences like waking up or receiving a phone call etc...
Unnecessary narratives disturb the flow of any plot massively in my opinion.
So 143GAMES, please do yourself (and us players) a favour and consider some revision of your writing.

The watermarks on the renders do not disturb me very much, but are most likely not much preventive at all (if that's their main purpose).

Only my 2 cents, hopefully constructive enough for some possible improvements ;)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Renders are pretty good, but some things are off for me... most scenes feel like weirdly posed, like the MC is not even there. And the dialogue is off a bit too, conversations don't really feel organic. But still, it's not too bad for a new release, I'll come back later for sure.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
I'll come back for more even if there are some flaws that others already has mentioned. Still, the story, the girls and the renders are good. (y)

143GAMES

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2023
Reposting from Patreon and Itch.io

Developer Log 02 - August 05, 2023
DV 01_WMFHDDA_WMHDP.jpg

Greetings,

I'm thrilled to share the progress I've made in Chapter 2 of my game development journey. I've achieved a significant milestone, and the current progress stands at an encouraging 65%. I am feeling optimistic, and everything is going smoothly. Likewise, I am targeting a mid-to-late August release date for Chapter 2.

In this phase, I successfully completed the blocking phase of animation. The hard part of the animation work is now finished, and although some future tweaks and polish are needed, having the core animation framework in place is a big win.

Moving forward, rendering the animation will start this week, bringing the game to life visually. While progress is promising, there are still some coding tasks and image post-work that require attention. I'm dedicated to ensuring these aspects are executed flawlessly to deliver the best possible gaming experience.

DV 02_WMFHDDA_WMHDP.jpg

Additionally, I've been working on some essential improvements and expansions:

1. Website Development:

I'm creating a new website dedicated to my 143GAMES project called 143games.fun, and it should be going online within a week. This platform will serve as a central hub for players to explore and learn more about my games.

2. Boosting Social Media Presence and Expanded Content Sharing:

To engage more with the gaming community, starting from September, I'll be more proactive in sharing updates, promotional content, Work In Progress (WIP) pictures, and bonus pics on my social media platforms, including Patreon, Twitter, itch.io, and deviantart. Be sure to follow my social media links for regular updates and free bonus content!

Finding a Healthy Balance:

Balancing my day job and game development has been challenging, but I'm finding a healthier balance now, dedicating more time to my passion.

4. Discord Server Setup:

I'm working on setting up a Discord server to connect with fans and supporters, allowing for better communication and community engagement. Stay tuned for updates on its launch!

DV 03_WMFHDDA_WMHDP.jpg

Your support is invaluable, and I'll continue to provide regular updates on our progress. Thank you for being a part of this adventure with me.

Take care and warm regards,

143GAMES

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
its been really long. anyone got any progress updates?
The last patreon update was on 29th of august, stating they were going to pause patreon because of work related conflicts.
I expect new info soon, since patreon says the pause ends on september 29th.

143GAMES

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2023
Back in Action: Resuming the Journey

Hey everyone!
I hope you've all been doing well. It's been a while since I last updated you, and for that, I appreciate your understanding. Life has thrown a whirlwind my way over the past few months, with work taking me to a new state as mentioned previously and some major personal milestones - I'm getting married, and we're expecting our first child! Exciting times, but you know how it goes, things got a bit hectic, and unfortunately, game development had to take a back seat.
The good news is that my work commitments will be wrapping up this month, and I'm thrilled to announce that I'll be able to dive back into game development full time starting December. This means you can expect regular updates to the game by mid-December or the beginning of January.
On a positive note, Chapter two of the game was actually completed a while ago, but life's rollercoaster prevented me from shipping it. During my limited free time, I've been polishing and refining the game, and I'm confident you'll notice and appreciate the improvements.
I want to extend a heartfelt thank you for your ongoing support. Your messages have been a beacon of positivity during these busy times. I genuinely never expected the game to be so well-received, and it means the world to me.
Stay tuned for more updates, and let's make the next phase of this journey even more exciting!

Thank you,
143 GAMES

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
I assume some issues have arised for dev, since he has paused Patreon again until december 30. So I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote