VN Ren'Py Onhold Lovesome [Ch. 1] [143GAMES]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
Have to say, even as the game is downloading and before I've given it a play through it's nice to see the Dev here actively communicating and responding to people's comments about the game. And that they have a good foundation for how they want to proceed with things regarding patreon and future content. :cool:

Reactions: 143GAMES

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
"Love at first sip of coffee", no that's too long and unrealistic. No one would fall in love just after a cup of coffee.
"Love after some sips of coffee", still too long.
"Lovesome", that's perfect:LOL: /just kidding

Welcome to the community! ( even if you're a veteran zoner under different profile, which is very common and nothing wrong with that too )

The renders looks nice. Have not played it yet, soon I hope when time permits.
It is great that you've already set or narrowed the scope for this game, so that it is bounded and focused, which most likely it will not drags on forever* with no end in sight but players will still be alive to see the endings in the foreseable future. Perhaps just the right balance between ambition and capabilities for a first project, that suits you best.
*Forever ever - Common pitfall of many games on this site, drags on forever until it gets Abandoned:HideThePain:.

Last but not least, thank you for the share. All the best, 143GAMES. Cheers.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
How to convince investors: vaguely promise new menu items without any specifics that you just declare to be popular with your costumers, somehow reduce cost of your inventory by magically getting better deals with suppliers, and doing what everyone and there mom thought would be the new hip thing sometime back in 2002: social media marketing ...

... okay, I'm not actually knocking that bit so much as pointing at where the writing really could do with improvement. Be specific. Don't be overly explain-y, but focus on what's actually going on.

And try to make dialogues a bit less stilted, with characters having their own voices, and less repetitive. "She's our Plan B. Keep her in the loop." "Yes, I will keep her in the loop for our plan B." "I trust you, but it's good to have a plan B." "We will turn this around, but a plan B can't hurt."
... do we really need to address Uncle Jacob as Uncle Jacob every single time? I don't know, maybe people do that somewhere; in my experience names and "titles" are rarely used these days ^^; "Hey, Uncle! ... yes, Jacob. blabla, you are right." > "Hey, Uncle Jacob. ... yes, Uncle Jacob. blabla, you right, Uncle Jacob."
And some lines are just ... "I'm the police officer from the local police department." No, you don't say?! I thought you were from the ice cream factory police ... :)
Also; take some care with consistency - ie we are told Amy works the morning shift, then we are walking her home at night. Uh, why is she there? Shouldn't the dude be working? etc.

There's also a notable bunch of proofreading misses ^^; These always happen, but it's a bit on the too distracting side here.

Visuals are nice and the theme is nice but the writing imo really needs some polish.

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
I don't wanna spoil too much but it wont be a harem, the first few chapters are open ended, but as the story progress you will be required to make a commitment to one of the LI's.
Hey thankyou for making that clear from the beginning. I don't generally play the game if I can't get most of the content in one play through since I don't reply the game . Some devs don't mention that .

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
Always have the same question for new games like this one.. All the tags showed on OP are currently in this chapter so you play this version and lead into all eventually?? Just to clarify..

TheMarquis

Jan 29, 2023
Ok, not bad as a first work but there are some critical points to underline.

The general quality of the renders is above average, the character models are not very original but they are not too common either.

The real weaknesses at the moment are the story (of which not much is understood yet) and the writing. The only scene X is not engaging at all and is a bit throwaway.

My opinion is that the game would improve with some alternate branching and a little more pathos and expectation in the character interaction scenes. For now, congratulations on the first release!

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
No ntr/swinging stuff with males planned, sharing with a female character is planned and yes voyeur stuff is mainly just about, just looking at them changing/bathing and masturbating.
First, thank you for creating attractive and realistic character models. It is nice to see a developer that hasn't decided to add blimp-sized breasts and bovine-butts to their models.

Second, not including NTR (any type), Swinging or Sharing to your creation begs the question regarding the 3 love interests: will they all accept the protagonist's proclivity for sleeping around and just follow the usual path of a multi-partner story-line? Or, will one or more of them decide our hero is a son-of-a-bitch and cheat on him out of spite (my guess is no, given most people equate cheating with the NTR classification. Which makes me wonder why there are both tags available ;)). I digress. I am just curious about how the three love interests will interact with each other beyond the usual tropes in line with their own character development. I know you stated the potagonist would be chosing one of the love interests, does this mean there are three paths to be played and other tertiary characters will be introduced to create the MFF scenarios?

Finally...what plans do you have to produce a sense of urgency? That is to say - without suspense there is no reason for the reader/player to push forward with the story and I am wondering how that develops in your creation.*

*Obviously, if this would give too much away I understand if you are unwilling to share your plans.

I will be keeping an eye on this and wish you all the best!

Reactions: menatv

Cabin

Dec 11, 2022
pls add the bdsm tag when it will be implemented in the game in near future because so many good games with bdsm are hidden away due to poor usage of tags

holaje12

Dec 17, 2018
(my guess is no, given most people equate cheating with the NTR classification. Which makes me wonder why there are both tags available ;)).
I will be keeping an eye on this and wish you all the best!
The cheating tag in this site is used when a character is cheating on another NPC.
The NTR tag is used when a LI cheats on the MC, specifically.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Seems fine so far. Not bad, but it's also too early to say it's good.

A bit of a proofread seems like a good idea. A few lines come without punctuation, or without capitalization. "I" should always be capitalized, and "of course" should always be separated into two words.

Anyway, good luck with the game. Looks like it's gonna be fun.

Reactions: 143GAMES

143GAMES

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2023
A bit of a proofread seems like a good idea. A few lines come without punctuation, or without capitalization. "I" should always be capitalized, and "of course" should always be separated into two words.
Thank you for the feedback. I will take it into consideration and make the necessary improvements. :)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just tried this I really like it
I get the feeling It's going to be more romance focused than a lot of games
And that is awesome
I really liked Amy.

Guys like me who like routes with a single love interest have been getting spoiled this year lol

Anyway, good luck with the game dev
It's off to a really good start imo

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote